PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Formula 1 season thread

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Drew
10-03-2006, 01:34 PM
That was an awesome race, kubica is definitely going to be something to watch as he progesses. Like Lebron James tho, (not that kubica had that much hype) I imagine he will be far better in his second year of racing then his first. Next year tho i'm even more stoked to watch kimi use ferrari to battle maclaren with Alonso, I think that will be an amazing battle as kimi will finally have reliability on his side, and be battling his old team with the "star" Alonso driving...

lewdvig
10-03-2006, 01:38 PM
Kimi is going to be deadly. They will have to re-pave some of the F1 tracks after he finishes with them.

cloud7
10-03-2006, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by lewdvig

Who said he would be the next great? Not me. I think he is exciting to watch and amazing for a 21 year old. He might not be another Alonso or Kimi - but then again he might.

I am saying this as a Jacques fan so I would be justified in not liking him after Thiesen gave my man the boot.

I agree. My comment wasn't directed at you, but to the F1 media in general who don't look at facts... Kubica who had just one good race out of the four he competed and all of a sudden he is god. He still has a lot to learn. He could be the next great but not if he keep making mistakes.

cloud7
10-03-2006, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by bmeier

The margin of victory was only like that because schumi slowed down intentionally to save his motor. Alonso was going all out and he couldnt make the time up.

Trust me if the race was closer schumi would have been pushing alot harder...

IMO it didnt make a difference in the race schumi is notoriously hard to pass and he had built at 24 second lead on alonso with the bad pit stop. If you take 10 seconds or so off the lead to account for the pit stop i honestly dont think alonso could have made up the time anyways.

I kind of agree with you... but we'll never know how the race would be like without the 10 second brain fade. Most of the damage was done by putting on new tires during the 1st pitstop...

civic_stylez
10-03-2006, 03:36 PM
boy, alonso's really talking shit about his own team now...i guess he cant wait for his merc!

http://f1.racing-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/061003093224.shtml

Alpine Autowerks
10-03-2006, 04:05 PM
Trust me if the race was closer schumi would have been pushing alot harder...
IMO it didnt make a difference in the race schumi is notoriously hard to pass

at what point in the ENTIRE race weekend did MS and his fiat put in a faster lap than FA. Renault lost the race on errors but I did love the pass MS put on Fisi ...even the comentators did not see it coming.

Originally posted by bmeier boy, alonso's really talking shit about his own team now...i guess he cant wait for his merc!

Renault does not want the #1 on a Benz ...but FA is jumping into the seat Kimi can't wait to get out of

lewdvig
10-03-2006, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Alpine Autowerks

at what point in the ENTIRE race weekend did MS and his fiat put in a faster lap than FA. Renault lost the race on errors but I did love the pass MS put on Fisi ...even the comentators did not see it coming.

Renault does not want the #1 on a Benz ...but FA is jumping into the seat Kimi can't wait to get out of

You meant FIAT, right?

The key is that the other teams find ways to lose and Ferrari find ways to win.

Alonso going to Merc is no magic bullet.

Alpine Autowerks
10-03-2006, 06:58 PM

You meant FIAT, right?

The key is that the other teams find ways to lose and Ferrari find ways to win.

Alonso going to Merc is no magic bullet.

right - FIAT.. ferraris net income does not cover the budget for the race team. Now that fiat is finacially sound as GM the team may have to live within their means .

ferrari gets too much help from the FIA and Bernie for F1 to be considered fair.

Alonso will regret his move unless McClapper gets it right.

lewdvig
10-03-2006, 08:35 PM
FIAT hit bottom last year, they are a couple of quarters into a recovery. Ferrari is a pretty profitable company. 300 million Euros is a spit in the bucket for them as it is pretty much the only marketing they do. The rest of the sponsors fill in the rest of the budget.

I agree about Ferrari - but they had twenty lean years so it does not bug me much.

Ron Dennis ran out of magic years ago.

SickBastard
10-05-2006, 03:28 PM
Fernando made a huge mistake going to Mclaren.

I cant wait to see Kimi in the Ferrari.

cloud7
10-06-2006, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by SickBastard
Fernando made a huge mistake going to Mclaren.

I cant wait to see Kimi in the Ferrari.

Alonso made the decision to join McLaren a year ago when Renault's committment to F1 was unknown... he made the decision to guarantee his future in F1... I am sure if Renault's F1 plan was clear one year ago, he would have signed with Renault instead.

lewdvig
10-08-2006, 12:03 AM
BOOM!!!!!!!!!!

ryanallan
10-08-2006, 12:19 AM
The Philip Morris sponsorship deal is worth something like 300 million per year. And next year when smoking advertising is outlawed in even more sporting events, F1 will be the only place to left advertise. Philip Morris will then up their deal to 700+ million (Vodafone is switching teams, to McLaren I think?) . . .

FIAT hit bottom last year, they are a couple of quarters into a recovery. Ferrari is a pretty profitable company. 300 million Euros is a spit in the bucket for them as it is pretty much the only marketing they do. The rest of the sponsors fill in the rest of the budget.

I agree about Ferrari - but they had twenty lean years so it does not bug me much.

Ron Dennis ran out of magic years ago.

rage2
10-08-2006, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by Drew
Ferrari will make alllll the haters bow down once again.

Originally posted by Drew
yup just quoted myself....and thats all i'm gonna say... GO SCHUMI!!

Ripper
10-08-2006, 12:37 AM
:(

cloud7
10-08-2006, 12:53 AM
good race. Both championship contenders drove a good race! On to Brazil :angel:

bmeier
10-08-2006, 02:26 AM
its too bad it had to come down to schumi retiring with an engine failure. he was way ahead of alonso at that point.

Oh well thats racing

I really dont like alonso i hope Kimi steps it up next year :)

habsfan
10-08-2006, 08:50 AM
BOOM!!!!!!!!!!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

karma's a bitch eh...

Redlyne_mr2
10-08-2006, 09:03 AM
Wow I dont think any of us could have seen that coming.

rage2
10-08-2006, 10:22 AM
its too bad it had to come down to schumi retiring with an engine failure. he was way ahead of alonso at that point.
6 seconds is "way ahead"?

Originally posted by habsfan
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

karma's a bitch eh...
lol no fucking doubt. That's what we all said last night watching the race hahaha.

kerry
10-08-2006, 02:19 PM
Never have I ever seen 2 people so excited when a
red car blows up! =)

bmeier
10-08-2006, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by rage2

6 seconds is "way ahead"?

lol no fucking doubt. That's what we all said last night watching the race hahaha.

6 seconds is pretty far ahead in my opinion.
I am not discrediting alonso he ran a good race, but more than likely even if alonso passed schumi they would only be seperated by 2 points. Now alonso just has to finish in 8th and he wins wont be an exciting race unless something unfortunate happens to him :)

bmeier
10-08-2006, 02:39 PM

i am just saying the extra 10 seconds in the pits didnt effect the race schumi would have been ahead by 12 or 13 seconds anyways. You are crazy if you think schumi was going all out he wanted to save his motor for the next race...

Plus he ran numerous laps faster than alonso when he passed him after the first pit. With regards to the tire change IMO it needed to be done his tires were shredded. He has too much turn in and it wears the front badly according to the speed network. So i would say the only error was the long pit stop but the race had already been taken over by MS

Alpine Autowerks
10-08-2006, 04:16 PM
Looks like we have the perfect conditions for that most famous driving technique by the "greatest" driver of out time.

THE SCHUMACHER CHOP

watch for it kiddies ...it will be the last time you can see it live.

Evro
10-08-2006, 06:35 PM
nah, schumi needs points, idealy its time for his apprentice to practice the brazilian version of the chop -

whatever happens im hopin schummi goes out with style

Ripper
10-08-2006, 07:17 PM
Woot, I mentioned earlier in this post I'd be racing against speed at Supernats this year, and now Liuzzi signed up too. I'm pumped :D .

http://www.ekartingnews.com/news_info.php?n=6932

cloud7
10-21-2006, 12:16 PM
Schumacher will be starting tomorrow's GP at 10th spot! Which decreases his chance of winning the race drasically! I think Alonso pretty much have the championship sealed unless we have rain or something for tomorrow's race ! GO ALONSO GO!

rage2
10-21-2006, 12:55 PM
hahaha Karma michael :rofl:. Farewell fucker!

kerry
10-21-2006, 01:22 PM
^^^^ LoL it was funny to watch MSC's car die again.

rage2
10-22-2006, 12:09 PM
Did anyone hear the speedtv announcers let 2 farts rip live? :rofl:

boi-alien
10-22-2006, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by rage2
Did anyone hear the speedtv announcers let 2 farts rip live? :rofl: ahahah yea i thought i was the only one that noticed LMAO

cloud7
10-22-2006, 12:45 PM
so it's all over! Good race! Many great stories! Can't wait until next year!

habsfan
10-22-2006, 06:09 PM
decent season overall. too bad it ended up being a 2 horse race again, im oh so glad msc didnt end up winning it. good bye and good riddance, can't wait til next season. bunch of driver changes, smaller teams changing engine suppliers...should be another good one :thumbsup:

rage2
10-22-2006, 09:36 PM
Red bull will be an interesting team next year. Adrian Newey designed car, Renault power.... watch out.

Ripper
10-23-2006, 07:59 PM
Pi4NPpDrG2o

civic_stylez
10-23-2006, 08:20 PM
hahah priceless vid!!! kimis always full of class! i think brazil was one of the most exciting races ive seen in awhile...i had visions of jaguar on their last race of their season when both teammates took each other out like BMW did.. webber always get his DNF's. its sad to see cosworth and michelin leave this year too.. a great season though and i thought mikey demonstrated killer driving for his final race...:thumbsup:

habsfan
10-23-2006, 08:29 PM
haha great quote :thumbsup:

Alpine Autowerks
10-24-2006, 05:49 PM
how do you guys pick your fav team/driver ?

for me it has always been a mix of team/driver .. I was a MS fan when he was @ Benetton but not later partly because I have always prefered McLaren and Williams (and small teams) to Ferrari and drivers with a technical (easy on car & tires) driver to a balls out driver. eg Prost vs Senna. MS is both and thats why he did so well..but I feel he was the Mike Tyson (or Tiger Woods) of F1.

not sure whom I am cheering for next year but I am leaning to Alonso @ good old McClapper.

habsfan
10-24-2006, 08:39 PM
i love rooting for the underdog teams, as for drivers i like jenson because of the fact that he takes all this crap for not winning in a car not capable of winning, and still does the best he can. i like kimi because he enjoys getting drunk at strip joints.

civic_stylez
10-24-2006, 08:44 PM
how do you guys pick your fav team/driver ?

for me it has always been a mix of team/driver .. I was a MS fan when he was @ Benetton but not later partly because I have always prefered McLaren and Williams (and small teams) to Ferrari and drivers with a technical (easy on car & tires) driver to a balls out driver. eg Prost vs Senna. MS is both and thats why he did so well..but I feel he was the Mike Tyson (or Tiger Woods) of F1.

not sure whom I am cheering for next year but I am leaning to Alonso @ good old McClapper.

i always pick a top team and an underdog team to root for... for the past few years ive been a die hard ferrari fan..not just because of mikey but because of the team and the mechanics...they build an awesome car... i always used to root for minardi because they stayed in F1 with the smallest budget and brought many great drivers into F1 (alonso, webber) i think next season ill go for a red bull or spyker team and root on BMW...:thumbsup:

ryanallan
10-24-2006, 10:15 PM
Well for me it’s weird.

I have always hated result, for being French and for beating Ferrari, but recently I read an article in F1mag about Briatore. He is now my idol and I now like Renault as a result.

I have always loved Ferrari for being who they are (longest in F1, most success in F1, Italian. . .) but have not really liked M. Schumacher. Still, the love of Ferrari triumphs over my dislike of M. Schumacher and Ferrari remains my top team.

Also I have always liked button, Villeneuve and red bull for being young, rich and exciting to watch (lots of personality) but disliked their teams/drivers for not putting in a matching effort. . . (Honda, even though improving, still arnt in top 3. BMW let Villeneuve go. DC/Klien are not very good)

cloud7
10-25-2006, 10:13 AM
it will be tough next year to find a team to cheer for... F1 lost a lot of personalities this year Michael, Jacques, and Juan... say what you will about their speeds, tactics, antics, they are the people that the F1 press count on for good headlines.

Maybe I'll cheer for the underdog.... Davidson at Super Aguri Honda.

rage2
11-03-2006, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Ripper
Woot, I mentioned earlier in this post I'd be racing against speed at Supernats this year, and now Liuzzi signed up too. I'm pumped :D.
Man I was hoping to hear if u could kick their asses, but it looks like the FIA is not letting them run the race :(.

Speed, Liuzzi, told to miss kart race
Superlicence issues force withdrawal
03/11/06 10:36

Toro Rosso racers Scott Speed and Tonio Liuzzi have been told to pull out of a karting event in the US.

The pair were scheduled to be high profile competitors at the 'SuperNationals X' event in Las Vegas next weekend. Speed's younger brother Alex was also to race at the Sam Boyd Stadium.

Speed TV, however, reports that race organisers 'SKUSA' were advised by motor sport's world governing body - the FIA - that competing would put at risk Speed and former world karting champion Liuzzi's F1 Superlicenses.

Californian Speed won the SKUSA championship in 2000 and 2001.

"Over the last several weeks (we have) worked diligently behind the scenes to try to assure that both drivers would be able to race in the event by securing SuperNationals X a position on the 2006 CIK (FIA karting) calendar," SAKUSA said in a statement.

"That unfortunately has not happened."

Source GMM
CAPSIS International

Alpine Autowerks
11-03-2006, 07:43 PM
that bites

I guess F1 gods are not allowed to compete against mortals to prevent being handed a fresh big ol' can of WHUPASS