PDA

View Full Version : Compustar / Arctic start problem

'93 SR-V
01-05-2006, 04:36 PM
Hey, I have a 2-way fm arctic start alarm starter combo in my prelude, and it's giving me problems. First of all, the alarm doesn't chirp when you arm or disarm the alarm, and when I was messing around with it I found that the hood pin doesn't seem to trigger the alarm either. I found this out because I was trying to set off the alarm to see if the siren part was messed up, or something else.... I held the hood pin down and set the alarm, and when I let it up, nothing happened, but when I closed the hood, it went off (from the shock I would guess). Does anybody know what might be wrong?

Thanks!

Evo prec
01-05-2006, 04:42 PM
where did you get it installed cause i have one and i havent had problems with mine at all, the chirp could just be a faulty remote, but the hood pin is bulshit you should go back to where you get it installed and im pretty should they will fix that cause. thats something that should be working.

Thaco
01-05-2006, 05:03 PM
the hood pin probably is not for the alarm but rather to disable the remote start when the hood is up.

'93 SR-V
01-05-2006, 07:17 PM
I got it from Impressions, so I'm kind of out of luck there... As for the hood pin, I guess it might be just for the starter, but I always thought it would trip the alarm as well... I think I've tried it in the past and it's worked, but maybe I'm just out to lunch.

What makes you say that it might be the remote? The reason i ask is because the lights still flash, and the locks still work, just not the alarm.

silvercivicsir
01-05-2006, 08:06 PM
hood pin is most likely rusted try pulling on it it / cleaning the rust off it..

EG_Civic
01-05-2006, 08:12 PM
my hood pin will trigger the alarm/starter.. cuz last time when i armed my car when my hood was open.. the alarm went off right of way.. just make sure that your wires arent loose.. n make sure your hood pin is in a place where the hood pin will press all the way down

'93 SR-V
01-05-2006, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by EG_Civic
my hood pin will trigger the alarm/starter.. cuz last time when i armed my car when my hood was open.. the alarm went off right of way.. just make sure that your wires arent loose.. n make sure your hood pin is in a place where the hood pin will press all the way down

That's what I thought, but it was such a long time ago.... I take it you have a compustar?

'93 SR-V
01-05-2006, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by silvercivicsir
hood pin is most likely rusted try pulling on it it / cleaning the rust off it..

I'll look closer, but it looked to be in good shape.

Jonathan@TCS
01-05-2006, 08:34 PM
The hood pin would work for the alarm, and the starter. It is probably rusted, and needs replacement. If you need a new one, come by the store, and I will give you one.

As for the no chirps, it could be that it is just muted, and all you have to do is look at the back of the remote, to see how to unmute it.

Good luck.

'93 SR-V
01-06-2006, 04:29 AM
Well don't I look stupid.... It was muted... I didn't even know about this feature. Anyway, thanks for the help, and I'm going to check out the hood pin in the morning and see what's up with it.

Thanks!