PDA

View Full Version : Where to adjust Valve Clearance?

GSR_aaron
01-05-2006, 08:16 PM
after got a new header,, I got a clicking noise in my hood, too..

(I don't know the header job can affect on valve clearance..tough)

here is Video (http://videos.streetfire.net/Player.aspx?fileid=AF1E5A7C-FD14-4C2C-B37C-82F343ADA527)

I searched, asked, and heared again with my ears right over my valve cover,, and concluded it's valve clearance problem.
(when I rev up my motor, the noise becomes quick)

actually, in integra manual, they say it doesn't need valve adjustment till 10500k miles,, and my gsr has 165000 km milege now. :nut:

so where to adjust B18C1 valve clearance in town?
is any repair shop ok? or...
should I go to speedtech again? haha;;;

and,,, this job would cost me about $100~+@ CAD,, right??

'93 SR-V
01-05-2006, 08:32 PM
Had it done on my car at high river honda, cost $65. Most dealers I talked to quoted around $80.

GSR_aaron
01-05-2006, 09:14 PM
good to hear! man! ^^
I hope Silver hill guys do mine, too.
eventhough my car is modified;;;;

freakin
01-05-2006, 10:53 PM
If you have a ticking noise after getting a header put on, then it's likely an exhaust leak. Try tightening the bolts at the head. A header install isn't going to affect your clearance, but given your milage, you could use a valve adjustment. Unless you've changed your cams, then the process is the same, regardless of your mods. If you have changed them out, then you just have to go by the manufacturer's specs.

Talk to Lewis (Quasar_Cav). He'll do it for under $50 and he does on-site service. :thumbsup:
I'd do it for ya, but I don't think I'll have any spare time for a while.

GSR_aaron
01-05-2006, 11:09 PM
thx for the info man!

I put my ear on the valve cover,, and notticed the noise is from

right under the cover, not around header-block side.

some guys in Team-integra.net said it could be a distributor/spark plug/wires problem, but,, i donno..

anyways I will contact to Quasar_Cav now.

freakin
01-05-2006, 11:11 PM
If you're suspecting the wires, just pull them off one at a time, then push them back on. You'll head a click when they're seated. That'll ensure that they're not arcing and making the noise.

GSR_aaron
01-05-2006, 11:16 PM
yup! thx! ^^