PDA

View Full Version : remote starter... lights dont flash

Thaco
01-05-2006, 09:41 PM
hey guys, i bought a car that has a remote starter in it, i am not sure the brand or how/where it was installed, but the lights do not flash when i use the remote... i have used many starters and they all flash the markers when the car is running, its really annoying because i have to leave my signal light on if i want to have some sort of indication that the car started...

all i know about it is the remote is square no antenna and has 3 grey buttons trunk, locks and start (trunk and locks are not power so they do nothing)

dj_rice
01-05-2006, 09:43 PM
Did you do any stereo or electrical installs lately?Cuz if so, check the fuse on the remote starter module...I was wiring up my sidemarkers and it shorted the fuse on my alarm module so my lights dont flash anymore when my alarm is armed/disarmed...thats my only guess cuz when I took it to the alarm shop..they changed the fuse and it flashed again...

Thaco
01-05-2006, 09:46 PM
thanks i'll check that... the remote start works and everything, just the lights dont flash..

also i opened up the remote and it has no i=ndication of brand... and the brain is tucked way up under the dash and zip-tied up there is i cant see much on that either.

http://onlyremotes.com/images/item558_1.jpg

thats the only pic i could find of the remote (not my remote but basically the same and the site i foudn this on says its a replacement for a "delta" brand)

dj_rice
01-05-2006, 11:36 PM
Well thats my only guess, cuz thats what resolved my light flash issue on mine...all your headlights/taillights and everything work fine and turn on right?

arian_ma
01-06-2006, 08:16 PM
why don't you try calling that number right on your remote?

Thaco
01-06-2006, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by arian_ma
why don't you try calling that number right on your remote? because thats not my remote, and its not on the remote its a watermark on the picture to inform you where i stole the picture from.

Strugari
01-07-2006, 08:00 AM
Check the connection to the parklight wire.
That looks like either an Autostart, or an older Command Start.
The Autostart is a yellow wire, the Command start is a purple wire.
Check to see if the connection is good on that wire.
Press your lock button and listen to see if the unit "clicks". This would be the light relay in the unit. If it clicks, it is working.:thumbsup:

Thaco
01-07-2006, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Strugari
That looks like either an Autostart, or an older Command Start.
The Autostart is a yellow wire, the Command start is a purple wire.
Check to see if the connection is good on that wire.
Press your lock button and listen to see if the unit "clicks". This would be the light relay in the unit. If it clicks, it is working.:thumbsup:

i dont have power locks so chances are they didn't even hook that part up to anything.

tc3
01-07-2006, 12:00 PM
The click that Strugari is referring too is that park light relay clicking, not from the lock relay....when u press the lock button (even if the locks aren't connected), the lights will flash...therefore a light relay click!!

There is usually a fuse on the park light wire coming off of the starter brain.
check that too!!

derek123
01-07-2006, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Strugari
That looks like either an Autostart,.....

yeah, I'd say a AS-1203 ( auto) or 1263 (manual)

or the future shop version NS-1003 (auto) or 1063 (manual)

good luck,

-derek-