PDA

View Full Version : New to the area

Vicious
01-06-2006, 11:23 PM
Hey guys. Just moved to Medicine Hat and found this site. Looking to get involved in the car seen (if there is one) Do you guys meet up often? What's the deal?

Garett

Audio_Rookie
01-06-2006, 11:35 PM
Welcome to beyond!

Used to have weekly meetings in the summer...followed by some food.....

Also a couple meets at the blarney stone.....wednesdays...
Im sure a beyond meeting could be set-up some time soon if there was some interest and you willing to drive up.....figuring how we are not exactly knee deep in snow and its nice and warm outside..

Your town has a race track!!!! I believe they open the first week of may....maybe late april....

drive a z28....nice:thumbsup:

Street wheelers car club here in Lethbridge intends to hold a drag race even in Medicine Hat late May or early June strictly for street cars...mainly for people just getting into the car scene.....

Vicious
01-06-2006, 11:39 PM
Holy crap I had no idea there was a track here.:eek: . Is it 1/4 or 1/8th? Woot I'm pumped

hussein
01-07-2006, 12:52 AM
do you work here?

Vicious
01-07-2006, 01:03 AM
yes. I work for Diamond Coil Tubing

schurchill39
01-07-2006, 01:03 AM
Welcome to beyond and welcome to Medicine Hat. The car scene is scarce and full of "flashy civics" an things of that nature. Come spring and summer i would like to get more involved in it and maybe set up a couple meets.

By chance did you buy that pink 9second z28?

EDIT: Diamond coil tubing eh? If you guys ever bring your rigs into Big Eagle (HydroVac) to wash them your bound to see me. I see Diamond trucks in there all the time

Vicious
01-07-2006, 01:15 AM
Hahaha. No. First of all I wouldn't be caught dead in a pink camaro and second my best time is 13.6 haha. Oh alright sweet. I just started but if the truck isn't very dirty we wash it at the shop. I'm guessing with all the soupy weather we'll be taking them to you guys.

Audio_Rookie
01-07-2006, 02:31 AM
1/4 mile.

Its the closest track to Lethbridge so alot of us guys in Lethbridge drive down there to race.

The track is kinda awkward to find....

13.6 is moving pretty good....im hoping for similar times in my daytona this year...

Look forward to getting my ass kicked by you at the race track.

Vicious
01-07-2006, 06:41 AM
Awesome. I'm so pumped. I'm hoping that by the end of this year I'll have full boltons. Are there any good speed shops in the hat? How about dyno tuners. I was online and seen the one for the guy in Tilley. Anyone use him? I'd like to do the work on my car but I don't have near the knowledge to do it myself, so I will have to see how it all goes. Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

Garett

RB25DET
01-07-2006, 11:51 AM
There's a domestic engine builder in lethbridge here that may be getting a dyno, at this point though i dont think its 100% so i wont say who it is, but if it does happen, that would be very cool. Anyway, welcome to Southern Alberta, we'll have to have a run this summer.

schurchill39
01-07-2006, 04:47 PM
For Medicine Hat shops your best bet is probably "Mild 2 Wild" at the Murry chev-olds dealership and i am not sure about dynos but if you ask them then they'd point you in the right direction

TEAMFaint
01-07-2006, 05:34 PM
Welcome to the boards and welcome to the city. Churchill stated the obvious, this city is full of civics/hondas, and when spring time rolls around you'll definately notice.

For your vehicle I'd definately hit up M2W and stay away from Phat Boi Customz. Phat Boi Customz is located in Cresent Heights and is pretty much an import scene shop. M2W is for the domestics.

There is a track out near the redcliff area that gets pretty busy during the summertime, and a lot of races are held. I look forward to seein you cruisin around town, I'm sure I'll see you somewhere.

I'll be driving the fully primered 92 Celica.

Got any pics of your ride?

Vicious
01-08-2006, 04:03 AM
Cool. Ya I was talking to a guy today about the track. How long do you usually have to wait to race? Pretty long lines? I have some pics of my car. I'll just upload one for now though.

Garett

hussein
01-09-2006, 11:28 PM
Nice ride.

Good question. I have no idea, as my vehicle isn't race worthy. haha.

JO-WN4GE
01-09-2006, 11:53 PM
I'd rather drive this....

http://www.roadsquadron.com/Reference/ANH/DS/DS1_01.jpg

RB25DET
01-10-2006, 12:52 AM
Fuck ya...the death star....are you poking fun at the bulky size of the camaro in the twisties??

You are probably right though, this yacht is probably more responsive. :rofl:

http://trans-atlanticagencies.com/images/yacht2.JPG

JO-WN4GE
01-10-2006, 05:27 PM
DUN DUNN DUNNNNNNNNN...........

http://upload.3sgtemr2.com/files/8/deathstarpwnage.jpg

Vicious
01-10-2006, 06:07 PM
lol wtf... Say what you want. My car does alright in the corners. I have taken exits at x2+10....which is pretty good for crappy tires and stock suspension. The exit was posted at 35km/hr and I took it at 85km/hr. And the death start and got shit on me. LS1>Quantum Drive

Garett

crazydave
01-10-2006, 06:52 PM
hahahaha,thats about the nicest welcome you are going to get from those two! i love it! thats their way of saying "hi, nice to meet you"

joe and chris FTW!!!

RB25DET
01-10-2006, 06:56 PM
Hahaha, we're just playing around.....seriously though this thing hugs the curves better than f-bodies.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/24/Carrier.arp.500pix.jpg

StevieMo
01-23-2006, 03:43 AM
It could be worse... he could be driving a B-body like me:burnout:

Vicious
01-25-2006, 01:03 AM
I know of an impala that runs 11's NA and 10's on the first stage shot:burnout:

Garett