PDA

View Full Version : E*Trade Opinions

black_2.5RS
01-07-2006, 12:59 PM
Anyone use E*Trade before? I currently use BMOInvestorline and find too much of their information / research is US slanted (i'm looking for Canadian data). Specifically, i'm interested in a discount brokerage that can:
- Provide earnings estimates for companies large / small.
- Some research from other brokerages (ie: I know TD Waterhouse gives you access to their own research - which is fine).
- earnings history
- Analysts Upgrades and Downgrades
- Some sort of reasonably flexible stock filtering tool.

lastprodigy
01-07-2006, 01:07 PM
www.ddvalue.com

JAYMEZ
01-07-2006, 02:02 PM
I find that useing TDwaterhouse is very easy , and I do all my stock trading usein them... If you are new to the stock market , you should use TD... I mean you can always check the TSX.com if you want to find more information on the stock.

sabad66
01-07-2006, 02:09 PM
I've heard good things about www.ameritradecanada.com

civicHB
01-07-2006, 02:11 PM
if your really experinced you should try interactivebrokers.ca
they have cheap trading rates but you have to pay for data streams.

atomic
01-07-2006, 02:40 PM
i have no expierence with anything else ... googe can also testify the technical issues we have with them ..

they change their website layout often without notice . so access to certain sections becomes difficult . it's not a very well planned layout .

and their website goes down .. sometimes everything wil appear to opperate, then you'll try to make trades and it won't respond .

then we had a huge issue where the website was entirely down . no customer emails were sent out to notify us . and when i attempted to contact customer support they were busy becuase of the flood of calls so i never got through ... then i emailed them, i got a reply a week later saying "sorry our website was down" .

which didn't help us with the trades that needed to happen that day ..

Long story short.....
if i had the opprotunity to try another service, i would. i don't know if it would help... because we know that financial institutions have the "we're the center of the universe" mentality ..

lastprodigy
01-07-2006, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ_STi
I find that useing TDwaterhouse is very easy , and I do all my stock trading usein them... If you are new to the stock market , you should use TD... I mean you can always check the TSX.com if you want to find more information on the stock.

do they also have a 5K minimum like BMO Investorline?