PDA

View Full Version : Any Barista's here? I have a question about starbucks drinks....

TurboMedic
01-07-2006, 04:21 PM
Namely, chai lattes with soy! I picked up the carton of tazo and a carton of silk....the instructions say 1/2 and 1/2, but I know that starbucks makes it different, and I like the way they make it!!! If there are any starbucks employees who can tell me how much water/chai concentrate/and soy goes into on, I'd be happy!!

After paying $5 a pop for these, buying the cartons together for $10 is a welcome change!

DJ Lazy
01-07-2006, 05:12 PM
I could prolly find out for ya.. I got a friend that works @ Starbucks... I'll ask her if she can tell me the secret proportions.. ;)

nismodrifter
01-07-2006, 05:43 PM
Find an East Indian guy and ask him :D
I've never had any of that starbucks BS....is it actually any good?
I don't think I could ever pay that much for a cup of it though...insane IMO.

Damn I should open up a chai stand and start raking in the $$$$$$$$ :D

Si_FlyGuy
01-07-2006, 05:51 PM
I usually order a Venti No water, No foam, Extra Hot Soy Tazo Chai. I'm pretty sure they put 50-60% chai in it.

and ya...the East Indian chais are better, but Starbucks makes a pretty good whitey chai. :D

TurboMedic
01-07-2006, 06:11 PM
Yeah, we have a guy here who makes real chai (and yes he's east indian), and its good.....I like the tazo stuff, only the concentrate though, the bags aren't as good....

Mar
01-07-2006, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by nismodrifter

I always said I'd never pay $5 for a coffee too, but when companies started paying $20 for an hour of my time, I got addicted to Starbucks!

EK 2.0
01-07-2006, 08:54 PM

Oi Yaar, kem che, besi ja, kasu ka, chai nasto ke paani??:D

FiveFreshFish
01-07-2006, 09:11 PM
Seems appropriate to repost this (http://uploads.ungrounded.net/145000/145365_041SmallMediumLarge.swf). :D

TurboMedic
01-07-2006, 10:25 PM
hence my desire to replicate them at home for 1/5 the cost!

nismodrifter
01-07-2006, 11:22 PM
haha...check this out suckaz. My brother (forkdork) read the post 2 minutes after I did...he immediately felt the need for some chai...this is what he whipped up. :D Perfect boost for a night of studying.

Sprinkled some choclate on top just for appearance :bigpimp:

Starbucks can shove their fake shit up their buttocks...this is what its all about. :D

http://members.shaw.ca/nismodrifter/tea.jpg

sexy_sunshine
01-16-2006, 02:41 PM
Hey, I used to work at Starbucks. The difference between the 1/2 and 1/2 way and the way starbucks makes it is that we use a concentrate instead of the stuff you are available to buy that is already mixed with water. Depending on what size you are having, we either put 3,4, or 5 pumps of chai in, filled the cup up halfway with water and the rest was soy. As for the measurements of each pump, i think it was 1 oz. per pump. Hope that helps, you might have to play around a little!

/////AMG
01-16-2006, 02:55 PM
I always used ot think Starbuks is crazy expensive (well it is). But once I got a Chocolate Brownie Frappuccino, I was hooked!!

Edit: Just found this site, check if it has it...
http://www.topsecretrecipes.com/

tictactoe2004
01-16-2006, 03:42 PM
I drink a "Triple venti vanilla non-fat latte" every single day of the month. I get one on my way to work every morning and its the first thing I do on my days off.... Yes I know its $5+ a day but for all that frothy milky vanilla wake me up goodness its worth every penny every day...

mmmmmmmm...

It's actually kind of funny, I ended up trying one, one day after a friend recommended it... it started as a "Vanilla Latte", then i had to learn about the size, so it went from two words to three... "Venti vanilla latte"... then my girlfriend told me how many callories were in it so it turned into a "Venita vanilla non-fat latte"... then I found out about the extra shot of espresso... so now it's a "Triple venti vanilla non-fat latte"

I find it totally amusing that my coffee is a full sentance... im trying to see how big i can get it now... im gonna try extra hot next... mmmm... "Triple venti vanilla non-fat extra hot latte" lol

5hift
01-16-2006, 06:12 PM

Yah man, when Im in line at starbucks im shocked everytime i see someone pay 4-5 bucls for Chai. Especially considering the starbucks version tastes like dirt.

DJ Lazy
01-16-2006, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by tictactoe2004
I drink a "Triple venti vanilla non-fat latte" every single day of the month. I get one on my way to work every morning and its the first thing I do on my days off.... Yes I know its $5+ a day but for all that frothy milky vanilla wake me up goodness its worth every penny every day.

Thats over $150 a month... :eek: That's unreal man!

tictactoe2004
01-16-2006, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by DJ Lazy

Thats over $150 a month... :eek: That's unreal man!

or ~$1800 / year :)

TurboMedic
01-16-2006, 08:05 PM
I bought a milk frother, I think thats the breaker for it, make it a little lighter and "creamier tasting".....