PDA

View Full Version : I have questions. I hope that you can answer

88CRXGUY
01-07-2006, 11:31 PM
This is what I'd like to do to the crx when I get it, and I was wondering are these things are avalible and if yes where can I get them and how much.

Alteeza tail lights

PIAA white bulbs(Headlights)

White front signal lights

What size of speakers can I put into the crx?

Since that the stock tires on a crx are 14 inch, am I able to put bigger afermarket rims on it?

Is there any type of cover that I can put in the hatch so that if I have things in the hatch it can be covered?

Is there a place in calgary that I am able to get green neon underglow kit(streetglow)?

The 3rd gear synco is screwed, and does anyone know how much it may cost to get it repaired?

How easy is it to put in LED bulbs in behind the dash gages(I think thats what its called)?

There is some front body damage on the front bumper and I was wondering is there a good place to get body work done. The only place I know that does a good job is Calgary Coachworks.

Thats all the questions that I have for now, if anyone on the board can answer them for me, please do so thanks..

GT2NV
01-07-2006, 11:38 PM
without flaming you like i know a large amout of people are going to do for your requests, all parts are still available, id suggest one of beyonds sponsers to help you out~!

88CRXGUY
01-07-2006, 11:41 PM
Yeah I am not too sure what was avaliable or anything since that the crx is 16 years old..Yeah I will go and take a look and see what other places have..

lastprodigy
01-08-2006, 12:16 AM
Most of those items will be available readily through Custom Auto or Contemporary..hopefully the flamers stay out of the thread. Dont let em influence what you like doing to your car!

B20EF
01-08-2006, 12:24 AM
Print this picture and take it to Speedtech, tell them you want your car to look like this and you'll be:thumbsup:

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wMTE3MzA2NTZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

thinmyster
01-08-2006, 12:41 AM
Print this picture and take it to Speedtech +2:thumbsup: :thumbsup:[

88CRXGUY
01-08-2006, 12:41 AM
haha maybe eh. I like the rims and the hood but thats about it..Im not too concerned about what other people say about what I do to my car. To me a car shows who that person is and what they protray. I am going to make the car as I seem myself and how others see me..

thinmyster
01-08-2006, 12:43 AM
post a pic of what you want your car too look like, and what you have in mind

88CRXGUY
01-08-2006, 12:46 AM
I've been looking but the amount of computer and car knowledge I have I don't even know where to start. I've got some ideas but thats about it. I don't know anything about engines so I will mainly be sticking with extorior and interior mods..

DelSoln
01-08-2006, 01:35 AM
Go to honda-tech.com and look through some of the rides in the CRX section. Maybe some of the cleaner rides will influence you in a positive way. :)

88CRXGUY
01-08-2006, 01:48 AM
thanks for the help...

Toms-SC
01-08-2006, 01:56 AM
hahahahaa

Goblin
01-08-2006, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by B20EF
Print this picture and take it to Speedtech, tell them you want your car to look like this and you'll be:thumbsup:

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wMTE3MzA2NTZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

how the lights, bumper, and hood do not align properly? yeah, -1 for me.

88CRXGUY
01-08-2006, 10:00 AM
haha crap, lucky I didn't take the pic in. Everyone on my car wouldn't have been alined right lol...Its like buying a car from hotwheels lol..

thinmyster
01-08-2006, 11:22 AM
it was the concept he wanted you to consider not the actual car itself

88CRXGUY
01-08-2006, 06:13 PM
oooo...but there are some good things on the car though, I give it that much

DannyO
01-08-2006, 08:33 PM
All those parts can be bought from most car places in Calgary, just check the sponsors, as for body shops, there are a fair few good ones, try Horton Autobody, National Collision, and Discount Autobody (heard good things from them), but do a search if you want more.

As for your 3rd gear syncro problem, it might be cheaper to buy a transmission from a junkyard (although its hard to tell if its in good shape).

It is your car and you can do what you want with it, but I'd advice against the underglow, it will cause you more trouble than most aftermarket parts and they can brake if you don't take car of them and what you drive over.

natejj
01-08-2006, 08:38 PM
If you want some cheap underglow, ill tell you what i was planning for my sundance. Duct tape some sheets of tinfoil under the edges of your car, and then somehow (this is where i got stuck) duct tape and wire some LED flash lights pointing into them! Hook it up to a HUGE red button on the dash, and BAM WE GOT UNDERGLOW!

Ill let ya know how it goes.

88CRXGUY
01-08-2006, 09:26 PM
haha that sounds sooo ghetto, but awsome. Yeah for sure let me know how it goes..

403Gemini
01-09-2006, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by 88CRXGUY
haha that sounds sooo ghetto, but awsome. Yeah for sure let me know how it goes..

hes going for the ghetto pimp sundance look ;)

i like CRX's, good project cars. i was obsessed with em for quite some time.

For an engine, talk to the guys at JDMsource, for a car that light you could get away with a b16 or something cheap and itll make you go plenty fast ;)

but yes, as requested above, post a pic of what you want hte car to look like and we can point you in the right direction

crXbuSit
01-09-2006, 01:25 PM
from a former crx owner....

White front signal lights - any import performance shop, they can order you a set for like 60$

Since that the stock tires on a crx are 14 inch, am I able to put bigger afermarket rims on it? - of course i wouldn't go bigger than 17's unless u want them to rub

Is there any type of cover that I can put in the hatch so that if I have things in the hatch it can be covered- the crx comes stock with a cover for the hatch, so i recommend getting one from another crx of the same year.

as for the other mods... i have no comment :goflames:

88CRXGUY
01-09-2006, 01:43 PM
The engine thats in there now is a vtec b16a, i think thats the samething as what you were talking about, I dunno. I will try to post a pic of what I want to car to look like asap. Is there any programs that would make this process easier for getting the car the way I want it(a computer coloring program) Im not sure what they are called. I somewhat know what I want it to look like on the exterior and the interior, but thats about it. I am not knowlegde savy to when it comes to engines, so Ill be asking alot of questions for your input.

For the aftermarket parts that I was wondering about, thanks for answering some of those questions. When someone put I can get from any aftermarket place, after that was said I wasn't sure where to start. I looked around for some rims the other night, I found some for the bolt size but not very many, but its a start. For the rims I think that I am going to play it safe and get 16's, but when I was looking around alot of places started at 17's.

When it comes to the cover in the hatch I don't think that it comes with one, so I should be able to go to any wrecker or pick your part to get one right?

Now as of for the ghetto Sundance street glow, i think thats going to be hilarious. I don't think that I would do it like that, I would probably get it professionally done. You know if anythin screws up I can blame them, instead of myself.

I wanted to change the headlights, tail lights, and put LED's in the dash lights(not sure what color). I was wondering for those little things how hard is it do to those things?

I think thats all that I have to say,,,