PDA

View Full Version : door ajar

s dime
01-08-2006, 01:31 AM
I have a 1998 ford ranger and lately when I have firmly closed my doors, the door ajar light stays on. I have looked and cannot find where the sensor is in the door-jam to cause this light to go on. Any ideas on where this sensor could be? Or any other ideas that may help solve the problem. It is very annoying driving around with my interior lights on all the time, and a red light flashing in my instrument cluster.

thanks in advance

GQBalla
01-08-2006, 03:09 AM
this happened to my dads van,

i think all he did was just remove the sensor or something? cheap fix but i guess he wanted it like that?

tapout
01-08-2006, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by s dime
I have a 1998 ford ranger and lately when I have firmly closed my doors, the door ajar light stays on. I have looked and cannot find where the sensor is in the door-jam to cause this light to go on. Any ideas on where this sensor could be? Or any other ideas that may help solve the problem. It is very annoying driving around with my interior lights on all the time, and a red light flashing in my instrument cluster.

thanks in advance see if its on the door there has to be 1

cobra347
01-08-2006, 03:21 AM
I have seen this before,door seems closed but light stays on.
The trigger switch for dome light is in the latch now, not like older cars that had the other style. To find which door is doing it,leave door open and close latch with a screw driver or what ever, takes 2 good clicks to close all the way. Then open again with door handle. That should put the light out. Then adjust the striker post move it out slightly. U will need a torx socket to adjust the post.

s dime
01-09-2006, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by cobra347
I have seen this before,door seems closed but light stays on.
The trigger switch for dome light is in the latch now, not like older cars that had the other style. To find which door is doing it,leave door open and close latch with a screw driver or what ever, takes 2 good clicks to close all the way. Then open again with door handle. That should put the light out. Then adjust the striker post move it out slightly. U will need a torx socket to adjust the post.

thanks for the advice. this worked perfectly, no problems anymore :thumbsup: