PDA

View Full Version : any honda or mitsubishi dealers here?

Def_3
01-09-2006, 02:52 PM
If you are a sales guy at either Honda or Mitsubishi please contact me ASAP

I am either looking at the 2006 civic si or the eclipse gt

I would like some further info as well from fellow beyonders comparing the two

Please PM immedietly as I am looking to do this this week

thanks again

mac_82
01-09-2006, 03:06 PM
PM J.HUA

He works at Honda West and is a really nice guy to deal with.

Def_3
01-09-2006, 03:14 PM
thank you! anyone else?

any insight on which car is a better buy or lease?

Aleks
01-09-2006, 03:16 PM
Expect to pay full price for the Si and be put on a waiting list unless you decide to take a car that is in the showroom. Also lease and finance rates are going to be high.

Xtrema
01-09-2006, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Aleks
Expect to pay full price for the Si and be put on a waiting list unless you decide to take a car that is in the showroom. Also lease and finance rates are going to be high.

Didn't someone said T&T are selling their Si @ MSRP?

Def_3
01-09-2006, 03:38 PM
what are the downsides of taking a showroom car?besides the obvious, people touching etc

Xtrema
01-09-2006, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Def_3
what are the downsides of taking a showroom car?besides the obvious, people touching etc

Absense of that toxic new virgin car smell.

As for comparing the 2, since neither has test car that I can try, I can only comment on the look.

Seen the Eclipse in person. I don't particularly like that big round ass. I drive an Altima 3.5SE switching from a Civic. I can tell you that no matter how much power that V6 can pump out, you are still driving a nose heavy FWD car. I truly missed the light weight Civic especially around corners.

And GT would have a $10K price tag over the Civic, so my biased choice would be the Civic if you can live the that dash.

heavyD
01-09-2006, 03:44 PM
What's the rush?

Aleks
01-09-2006, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema

Didn't someone said T&T are selling their Si @ MSRP?

Yes plus pdi/freight and gst = $29,950. They really have no reason to pay your GST at this time.

Def_3
01-09-2006, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by heavyD
What's the rush?

just got into a new place, I have a good offer on the explorer limited, and with running from office to office, I could really use a break on the $100 to $150 of gas per week

Xtrema
01-09-2006, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Aleks
Yes plus pdi/freight and gst = $29,950. They really have no reason to pay your GST at this time.

Selling @ MSRP is consider good. Some are selling it with extra expensive "accesories" attached, way over $30K by the time it's out the door.

Def_3
01-09-2006, 04:28 PM

Selling @ MSRP is consider good. Some are selling it with extra expensive "accesories" attached, way over $30K by the time it's out the door. so which dealer is the "cheapest"?

Aleks
01-09-2006, 04:34 PM

Selling @ MSRP is consider good. Some are selling it with extra expensive "accesories" attached, way over $30K by the time it's out the door.

I only consider it good if it's out the door. I this case you'd be paying 15% of the car's value in fees and taxes.

def_3 I think all honda dealers would be around the same price with the new civic. Try T&T honda, "stevieo" works there, he could help you with a quote I think.

vincent-h
01-09-2006, 04:37 PM
cms 06 civic SI, 27570 + gst

block heater, mud guards, floor mats + 5yr/100,000km oil/filter service if done at cms/t and t honda price also includes pdi frieght air/tire tax. but expect a wait list dealers are only getting 1 or so si per month:eek:

and this is 'stevieo' thanks aleks, im on my cousins account.

Redlyne_mr2
01-09-2006, 04:44 PM
Dont look to save money in vehicle pricing, thats very hard to so with such small markup and with such low priced vehicles. Where you want to do your dealings is in the business office and try and score the lowest interest rate possible, get freebies or adds ons etc. Thats where youll see the most benefit.

Xtrema
01-09-2006, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Def_3
so which dealer is the "cheapest"?

Stay away from Crawfoot. They are so far from website's MSRP, it's scary.

Has anyone can confirm a saleman's story about Honda raising MSRP across all line of Civic? Smell like BS to me.

carzcraz
01-09-2006, 05:48 PM
With the 2006 Civic, expect to take delivery of the vehicle in February or March.

We went to look and test drive one at Crowfoot a week ago, and was told that they would not be expecting one until around that time.

I would also stay away from Crowfoot Honda if at all possible, we have dealt with them on numerous occassions and they have all been horrible experiences....both in their sales and service departments.

However, if you are desperate to pick up an 06 Si ASAP, there was an orangy/maroony (not sure what that color is called) one in the showroom back up for sale. Apparently the previous buyer was denied financing.

Good luck either way

:thumbsup:

gokuu
01-09-2006, 09:29 PM
go for the eclipse :thumbsup: rockford stereo and more power. or a 04 or 05 rsx type-s , or celica :goflames:

Calgarian
01-10-2006, 12:04 AM

Stay away from Crawfoot. They are so far from website's MSRP, it's scary.

Has anyone can confirm a saleman's story about Honda raising MSRP across all line of Civic? Smell like BS to me.

On Jan 3rd Honda Canada increased its Civic pricing accross the board.