PDA

View Full Version : New Lexus? Hate the VSC? look here...

habsfan
01-09-2006, 08:35 PM
How to switch off VSC on a Lexus GS430
http://automobilemag.com/news/0601_lexus_gs_445.jpg

After being continually frustrated with our inability to completely turn off the GS’s traction and stability control system, we recently learned from an anonymous source how to disable the overprotective electro-nanny. Road test coordinator Marc Noordeloos performed the complicated procedure, took a test drive, and, while grinning from ear to ear, pronounced the car transformed. If you own a 2006 GS (or IS), follow these steps and enjoy the slide. Once the car is started, you have thirty seconds to complete the process. With practice, the procedure can be completed in approximately fifteen seconds but, unfortunately, must be repeated each time the car is switched off.

1. Make sure the car is in Park and the parking brake is disengaged before you start the car.
2. Start the engine.
3. Engage the parking brake.
4. Fully depress the brake pedal and then release.
5. Fully depress the brake pedal and then release.
6. Disengage the parking brake.
7. Fully depress and hold down the brake pedal.
8. Engage the parking brake, then disengage it (while holding down the brake pedal).
9. Engage the parking brake, then disengage it (while holding down the brake pedal).
10. Release the brake pedal.
11. Engage the parking brake.
12. Fully depress the brake pedal and then release.
13. Fully depress the brake pedal and then release.

When “Check VSC” is displayed in the multifunction display along with the “Trac-off” icon indicator, you’ll know that you have successfully completed the procedure.

So for any of you fortunate enough to own a brand new GS or IS, and would like to go a little more sideways, you can thank Automobile mag's anonymous writer

http://www.automobilemag.com/news/0601_lexus_gs_vsc/index.html

kevie88
01-09-2006, 08:55 PM
haha, it's like a cheat-code for your car :D

EstoMax
01-09-2006, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by kevie88

exactly what i was thinking hahah

i bet some lexus engineer quietly hid that in there and let it leak out after the car got into production

CKY
01-09-2006, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by kevie88

lol :werd: but oh my are those are beautiful cars, finally Lexus!!

Goblin
01-10-2006, 02:04 AM
and yay for turning that shit off!

JordanLotoski
01-10-2006, 02:06 AM
and why didnt they just make a button for that again?

Altezza
01-10-2006, 02:27 AM
UUDDLRLRBA-Start :D

Zephyr
01-10-2006, 02:39 AM
I actually tried it...the IS is really tail happy, but then I remembered how expensive the dunlops are, that the car came with. I hurried and stopped LOL

there also dealer overrides for the navigation that i got from clublexus that lets me use the navy while driving...theres other hacks too that people are slowly finding out

HRD2PLZ
01-10-2006, 09:41 AM
wonder if this would work on the Toyota's too? :dunno:

habsfan
01-10-2006, 10:12 AM
^what new toyota would could possibly be fun/sporty enough to justify shutting off stability control? it's probably possible, but why bother, unless you find torque steering and understeer pushing into curbs alot of fun lol

HRD2PLZ
01-10-2006, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by habsfan
^what new toyota would could possibly be fun/sporty enough to justify shutting off stability control? it's probably possible, but why bother, unless you find torque steering and understeer pushing into curbs alot of fun lol

I was thinking along the lines of the 4Runner, when off-roading. Sometimes the VSC can be intrusive.

habsfan
01-10-2006, 10:35 AM
yea i was thinking that, but i figured that in an offroad vehicle the VSC would be able to be fully disabled. guess not though. in which case its definitely worth checking.

Redlyne_mr2
01-10-2006, 10:48 AM
Yeah thats gay they dont have a button to disengage the traction control.