PDA

View Full Version : Decent gym?

skandalz
01-10-2006, 09:44 AM
does anyone know of any decent gyms or community centers that have drop in hours where you can just come in to shoot some hoops w/o paying an arm and a leg? Ex. Leisure center, YMCA, etc.

i think the last time i went to the leisure center (village square, NE) the fees were almost $10? it's all good if you wanna use all the facilities like the weight room and hit the pool afterwards. but me and my buddies are just looking for a place where we can shoot some hoops during the week nights.

skandalz
01-10-2006, 12:33 PM
no one knows of any?

Ramdawg
01-10-2006, 02:24 PM
If you just wanna shoot hoops, go to the U of C from the times i have gone they rarly check my wrist band. Im not sure how much it is if you just drop in though.

skandalz
01-10-2006, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by tapout
world gym,worldhealth,golds gym, the gym,there lots look in the yellow pages

do these places have courts? i wouldn't think so

WWJAI
01-10-2006, 03:15 PM
^yah i don't think those places have courts, their strictly meant for working out and have the steam rooms, etc.

I'd say you should just keep going to leisure center and stay a good amount of time to make it worth it. As well, you should check out the YMCA ( I like the downtown one). Better facility than the leisure center and also take a look at the university and mount royal facilities, great places to play ball. :thumbsup:

tapout
01-10-2006, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by skandalz

do these places have courts? i wouldn't think so lynsey park would be your best bet tho

hockeybronx
01-10-2006, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by tapout
lynsey park would be your best bet tho

Now called the Talisman Centre.;)

beecue
02-04-2006, 03:50 PM
um where is the U of C drop in center located ... any got a link or phone # and know how much it costs? ... cuz Talisman Centre is too far for me and it costs like $10 :thumbsdow