PDA

View Full Version : Add s__dime to Beyond's list of scammers

rc2002
01-10-2006, 11:34 AM
[rant]

I usually don't rant over things as small as this, but this is just unacceptable. For a guy who would like others to think he has baller status (http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=110714), he sure doesn't act like it.

Anyway, here's the deal: I sold my SHX-700 CD/MP3 Head Unit here on Beyond. With the sale, I also included the CD containing the software to upload images to the face plate. I never had a chance to try the CD, but the buyer told me it was unreadable due to scratches (and it was).

Anyway I went on the hunt for a replacement CD for him. I tried local shops but they didn't carry that head unit anymore. Then I saw that s__dime had the same head unit for sale here on Beyond and hadn't sold it yet so I asked him to burn a copy of the CD for me. At first I told him I'd give him $15 and he immediately replied around and asked for $25. We ended up agreeing upon $20, which I thought was very generous, considering a blank CD and postage from Lethbridge would be easily under $5.

I could have also gotten it free from JVC, however after dealing with their customer service department, I felt that it would be quicker to just pay someone to have the CD shipped quickly because I felt bad about making the buyer wait for the CD.

Long story short s__dime kept making excuses about why he couldn't burn the CD. He couldn't provide me with a tracking number for when he shipped it out, he promised to email me the main files to get me started but he didn't, and now he's not even answering my PM's. If you're reading this, you should be ashamed. And if your friends are reading this, they should try to talk some sense into you.

Think long and hard before dealing with s__dime. I vote +1 for banning him. Beyond doesn't need people like this.

Here's the PM history (for any of those interested). I might be missing 1 or 2 messages, but it's complete for the most part:

s__dime wrote on 12-02-2005 1:12am
its burned and will be in the mail tomorrow

richardchan2002 wrote on 12-13-2005 07:58 AM
Hey I was wondering if you got my email... I still haven't seen this CD yet. It's been 2 weeks now. Could you give me a status update please?

s__dime wrote on 12-13-2005 09:34 AM:
Iam terribly sorry Richard The hard-drive on my computer crached and i wasnt able to log onto to beyond to find your address It will be sent out this morning again iam very sorry for the delay.

richardchan2002 wrote on 12-13-2005 09:44 AM
It's not a huge deal. Thanks for letting me know.
You have my address right?

s__dime wrote on 12-20-2005 06:55 PM
Richard I sent it out almost a week ago I have no idea why it isnt there yet but Iam going ot email you the whole program files now and then you can burn a cd from that if u still have trouble ill send it UPS because this is getting ridiculous. again sorry for the inconvenience

richardchan2002 wrote on 12-30-2005 12:28 PM
Hey it's been another 10 days. I haven't received any emails or the CD yet. Can you please send it with at racking number so that I can track it? Thanks.

richardchan2002 wrote on 12-30-2005 09:26 PM

Hey I just got an email from JVC with the program. I originally wanted the CD from you because I thought it would be quicker. But it's been over a month, and I still haven't got it. Can you please paypal my money back to ****@shaw.ca. Just subtract off whatever paypal fees you had to pay.

Thanks anyway,

[/end rant]

DUBBED
01-10-2006, 11:39 AM
Got his address?

Just send Wildcat over there to retrieve your green!! I'm sure you'll get it back without ANY hesitation. :devil: :rofl:

handsomebassman
01-10-2006, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by DUBBED
Got his address?

Just send Wildcat over there to retrieve your green!! I'm sure you'll get it back without ANY hesitation. :devil: :rofl:

A 2x4 with a spike in the end would also get it back without any hesitation.

/////AMG
01-10-2006, 11:51 AM
Looks like Fuji dealt with him before and it didn't work out, hence his -1 user rating.

Sorry to hear about this, but money is money. LEts hope he give you your money back.

3g4me
01-10-2006, 11:51 AM
Shitty deal man. Good luck with all that.

gpomp
01-10-2006, 12:00 PM
let's all give him negative trader rating!

handsomebassman
01-10-2006, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by gpomp
let's all give him negative trader rating!

deal

l8braker
01-10-2006, 12:06 PM
I've read a few of his postings as well, and I was not impressed with his sleazy attitude. He had shady written all over him.

Everyone should also be aware that there are TWO "s dimes" on beyond and are different people.

s dime
01-10-2006, 01:37 PM
yeah, not this s dime! :angel:

I believe you are talking about s__dime!

BerserkerCatSplat
01-10-2006, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by s dime
yeah, not this s dime! :angel:

I believe you are talking about s__dime!

Hahaha, no kidding, I was worried there for a second! :rofl:

s dime is an upstanding guy, I have no idea who the hell s__dime is.

tapout
01-10-2006, 01:58 PM
what a loser:thumbsdow

DJ Lazy
01-10-2006, 02:04 PM
Shitty deal man... I hope everything works out... +2 for Ban.

3G
01-10-2006, 02:07 PM
scam someone for 20 bucks how cheap can u get

eb0i
01-10-2006, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by 3G

hah, I was thinking the same thing!

hope things get worked out between the two of you.

Z24_3.1.
01-10-2006, 02:31 PM
hey buddy sorry to hear wanna pm me what ur looking for maybe i can find it for u

Kirbs17
01-10-2006, 03:11 PM
already at a -3 trader rating... not to bad

l8braker
01-10-2006, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by 3G

I agree. What happened to doing a favour for someone? Who the hell (other than this guy) asks for 10$ MORE? Greedy!

rbau493
01-10-2006, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by l8braker

I agree. What happened to doing a favour for someone? Who the hell (other than this guy) asks for 10$ MORE? Greedy!

No doubt, something like that I would charge maybe $5 if anything at all. I would have been weary of some clown jacking the price on something like this.

redline_13000
01-10-2006, 04:39 PM
people will do anything for 15 dollars:thumbsdow

lastprodigy
01-10-2006, 05:31 PM
well the only good thing is its only 20 beans, not saying its ok or anything, but Z24 3.1 never got banned so i doubt this guy will......

toyboy88
01-10-2006, 05:40 PM
[my marketplace rant]
I just hate it when you agree to meet someone for buying/selling and item and you both agree on the phone to meet at say noon, then they call at 11:30am and say im gonna be 1hr late...1hr later...call them to see what's going on and...im just leaving home right now 30mins (i had a late night last night)...

WTF?!!! if your not gonna show up on time please in the future just tell the person straight up rather than having him waste 2 hrs waiting for you to show finally, then doing something productive!!!! please don't try and make excuses... ARGH!!! :banghead: :banghead:

I'd rather be told you won't show (so then i can go do something else rather than wait for you) then you calling and keep delaying with excuses!!!
[/my marketplace rant]

...not to anyone in particular or relating to this thread..just a personal beyond marketplace rant! :D :hijack: :goflames:

1-Bar
01-10-2006, 11:05 PM
man that sux to hear Ricahrd. But man he sounds like he needs the $20....

Hey s_dime, PM me, I'll paypal you $1.50!!!

turboMiata
01-10-2006, 11:15 PM
no sense in banning them. they would just create a new account and start over again.

we should start a thread with all the names of scammers in one place so it's easier to protect the marketplace community.

Z24_3.1.
01-10-2006, 11:21 PM
but i didnt scam no one thats why i never got banned :D told u all but i still havnt got a pm buddy

lastprodigy
01-10-2006, 11:27 PM
or you made a new account......genious

3G
01-10-2006, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by turboMiata
no sense in banning them. they would just create a new account and start over again.

we should start a thread with all the names of scammers in one place so it's easier to protect the marketplace community.

:werd:

Goblin
01-11-2006, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat

Hahaha, no kidding, I was worried there for a second! :rofl:

s dime is an upstanding guy, I have no idea who the hell s__dime is.

This S__Dime guy has a bmw x5 and a porshce and a old camaro, didnt you read his post? lmfao yeah lets lie on beyond to be cool.

Shitty deal...

s__dime
01-12-2006, 07:05 PM
Lol wow thanks Richard It would have nice to be informed of this bashing thread you have started on me......Yeah ill admit I got super busy around the xmas season and didnt have time to get it sent out so i just decided id email it to him the day i email it to him that same day i get an email saying he got it from JVC. I have been trying to refund his paypal money but my account has since been frozen because when I tried to withdrawl the amount he sent me to pay for a cd and xpress shipping to calgary I found out Paypal had my old bank account info and charged me $20 for not being able to proceed wit hthe transaction so I was left with nothing. If he would have just pm'd me asking for a refund I would have done a funds transfer but he merely just said he got the software from JVC and I do own those cars....but where you get camaro is beyond me Goblin read the thread more closely......

GTS Jeff
01-12-2006, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by s__dime
Lol wow thanks Richard It would have nice to be informed of this bashing thread you have started on me......Yeah ill admit I got super busy around the xmas season and didnt have time to get it sent out so i just decided id email it to him the day i email it to him that same day i get an email saying he got it from JVC. I have been trying to refund his paypal money but my account has since been frozen because when I tried to withdrawl the amount he sent me to pay for a cd and xpress shipping to calgary I found out Paypal had my old bank account info and charged me $20 for not being able to proceed wit hthe transaction so I was left with nothing. If he would have just pm'd me asking for a refund I would have done a funds transfer but he merely just said he got the software from JVC and I do own those cars....but where you get camaro is beyond me Goblin read the thread more closely...... Stop acting like a damn teenager and grow up. When it comes to doing business, big or small, there's no room for excuses. You either make good on your promises, or you don't - end of story.

handsomebassman
01-12-2006, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
Stop acting like a damn teenager and grow up. When it comes to doing business, big or small, there's no room for excuses. You either make good on your promises, or you don't - end of story.

A mans word is all he's got in the end. You blew it in a twenty dollar transaction.

88CRXGUY
01-12-2006, 07:53 PM
I thought that Beyond when they banned someone, don't they baneed the IP so that they cant come back on from that computer location???

l8braker
01-12-2006, 07:53 PM
Lol wow thanks Richard It would have nice to be informed of this bashing thread you have started on me......Yeah ill admit I got super busy around the xmas season and didnt have time to get it sent out so i just decided id email it to him the day i email it to him that same day i get an email saying he got it from JVC. I have been trying to refund his paypal money but my account has since been frozen because when I tried to withdrawl the amount he sent me to pay for a cd and xpress shipping to calgary I found out Paypal had my old bank account info and charged me $20 for not being able to proceed wit hthe transaction so I was left with nothing. If he would have just pm'd me asking for a refund I would have done a funds transfer but he merely just said he got the software from JVC and I do own those cars....but where you get camaro is beyond me Goblin read the thread more closely......

Next time cut him a cheque for the 20$, and sort your Paypal shit out yourself.

Sharpie
01-12-2006, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by l8braker

Next time cut him a cheque for the 20$, and sort your Paypal shit out yourself.
Or atleast get your parents to give him a cheque for $20.. I am sure they could afford it...:rolleyes:

Si_FlyGuy
01-12-2006, 08:10 PM
Still not too late to return the man his money a$$h0l3

Pee_Sack
01-12-2006, 08:21 PM
If he would have just pm'd me asking for a refund I would have done a funds transfer but he merely just said he got the software from JVC and I do own those cars

richardchan2002 wrote on 12-30-2005 09:26 PM

Hey I just got an email from JVC with the program. I originally wanted the CD from you because I thought it would be quicker. But it's been over a month, and I still haven't got it. Can you please paypal my money back to ****@shaw.ca. Just subtract off whatever paypal fees you had to pay

I think you need to learn how to read properly

rc2002
01-12-2006, 08:54 PM
Lol wow thanks Richard It would have nice to be informed of this bashing thread you have started on me......

I didn't have the means to inform you. PM was the only contact method and the last reply I got back from you was on December 20 when you told me you would ship it out via UPS. I haven't heard from you until now - and the CD still hasn't hit the mail yet.

Yeah ill admit I got super busy around the xmas season and didnt have time to get it sent out so i just decided id email it to him the day i email it to him that same day i get an email saying he got it from JVC.

I never got the email, otherwise I definitely wouldn't have posted here. I would have replied to you right away if I got the email.

In hindsight, I guess I could've dealt with this in a more mature way. I really didn't want to start this thread. Especially for something as small as $20. But in this case, getting this CD was really important because it was for someone else.

If there's one thing I can't stand, it's having people wait on me if I promise them something. I've given the runaround to the beyond member I promised this CD to, and felt terrible about giving him the same answer everytime he asked for an update...

I want to say thanks to all the beyond members who posted in this thread for their support. You guys are awesome. :thumbsup:

s__dime, thanks for posting. PM me - hopefully we can work things out and get this thread closed.

Dooms_Bane
01-13-2006, 02:15 AM
WooT!!!
does this mean i get my cd now? :nut:
:)

Fuji
01-13-2006, 09:00 AM
That's funny cuz he did the same thing to me too. I agreed to buy his Pioneer head Unit at an agreed upon price and he decided not to send it and forgot to tell me about the fact that he decided he was going to keep it. He is a very badd seller!

civicsi
01-13-2006, 09:41 AM
yup agreed, i was to buy a pioneer deck off him. ended up waiting for weeks then finally he refunded my money(less the paypal fees that he didnt cover for screwing me around).
:thumbsdow

s__dime
01-13-2006, 06:17 PM
What the fuck are you guys talking about I never owned A Pioneer deck nor did i Post to sell one??? Get your fucking shit straight...

gkAeris
01-13-2006, 06:32 PM
What the fuck are you guys talking about I never owned A Pioneer deck nor did i Post to sell one??? Get your fucking shit straight...

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=70446

i think thats what he meant

ZorroAMG
01-13-2006, 09:23 PM
Seriously, kid. Just go into your daddy's closet, shake his suit jackets looking for change and you should get at least $20, if not check HIS porsche or your MOMS X5 in their ashtrays and stop being a shit face to beyond.

Thanks for complying.:rolleyes:

tapout
01-13-2006, 09:38 PM
What the fuck are you guys talking about I never owned A Pioneer deck nor did i Post to sell one??? Get your fucking shit straight... well congrats to you a beyond gift

Dooms_Bane
01-13-2006, 09:52 PM
you guys know his mailing address... lets mak ea trip to lethbridge
hahaha
it's only like 3 hours out.
i'm game

HoisinSauce
01-13-2006, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by Dooms_Bane
hahaha
i'm game

http://g-unit.hip-hop.pl/img_news/get_rich_or_ost.jpg

Sharpie
01-13-2006, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by HoisinSauce

http://g-unit.hip-hop.pl/img_news/get_rich_or_ost.jpg
So since he is game you get to be fifty?:rofl:

s__dime
01-14-2006, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by Dooms_Bane
hahaha
i'm game

Shut your fucking Mouth.. You Wanna Come Down To Lethbridge and Start Shit With Me Bring it...Fucking 100 pound E-Thugs

Kobe
01-14-2006, 01:58 AM
Hahhaa, i can't beleive you guys all left him negative rating...

So S__dime, will you refund his money?

Street_Soldier
01-14-2006, 02:07 AM
just refund his money and let it go. i agree that things should have been more professional but damn doesnt this seem a little much?

civicsi
01-14-2006, 02:27 AM

Really??:dunno:
Hmmm what deck would this be?

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=71440

So if you never owned one then why did you try and sell one to me and other beyond members?

Shut your fucking Mouth.. You Wanna Come Down To Lethbridge and Start Shit With Me Bring it...Fucking 100 pound E-Thugs

In case any of you guys do go down to lethbridge this is what he looks like: :rofl:

3G
01-14-2006, 02:27 AM
:drama:

HoisinSauce
01-14-2006, 02:31 AM
Originally posted by Sharpie

So since he is game you get to be fifty?:rofl:

thats right because im a GANGSTA BITCH! GGG G UNIT!

speedracer
01-14-2006, 02:37 AM
Just in case s__dime has amnesia and the FS thread post mysteriously gets edited......

3G
01-14-2006, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by HoisinSauce

thats right because im a GANGSTA BITCH! GGG G UNIT!

G-G-G u NOT

HoisinSauce
01-14-2006, 03:17 AM
Originally posted by 3G

G-G-G u NOT

cant blame me for trying :angel:

samo147
01-14-2006, 03:35 AM
man people like him are sad...
ripping people off for 20 bucks...
get a job kid...

tapout
01-14-2006, 03:35 AM
Originally posted by civicsi

Really??:dunno:
Hmmm what deck would this be?

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=71440

So if you never owned one then why did you try and sell one to me and other beyond members?

In case any of you guys do go down to lethbridge this is what he looks like: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

rc2002
01-30-2006, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by richardchan2002

s__dime, thanks for posting. PM me - hopefully we can work things out and get this thread closed.

Still no word. What a model citizen.

mshaw
01-30-2006, 04:04 PM
holy fuck thats bad. s_dime your a stupid little kid, pay the man already

Kirbs17
01-30-2006, 04:43 PM
:rofl: Beyonds Own Charlie Wenzel :rofl:

Weapon_R
01-30-2006, 04:50 PM
Richard have you filed a complaint with paypal?

Dj_Stylz
01-30-2006, 04:53 PM
Wow all this for $20... just pay up s_dime

rbau493
01-30-2006, 05:00 PM
Orginally posted by s__dime

In case any of you guys do go down to lethbridge this is what he looks like: :rofl:

Bahaha, he's calling guys out and thats him?!?!

:rofl:

I get hard ons bigger then you junior.

finboy
01-30-2006, 05:10 PM
beyond > scammer :rofl:

Goblin
01-30-2006, 05:22 PM

damn you look so much bigger than 100 pounds in your picture there, dejon mustard, i mean, devion.

what are you, 130-140 maybe? damn homie.

rc2002
01-30-2006, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
Richard have you filed a complaint with paypal?

That's a good idea - I just looked into it. Apparently I have to file a claim with 45 days of the transaction. It's been a bit too long now...

1-Bar
01-30-2006, 10:48 PM

Holy!! Ace Ventura...haha....I'll spot $20 for gas for the drive down Richard if you wanna collect...haha

Mr_John
01-31-2006, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by Kirbs17
:rofl: Beyonds Own Charlie Wenzel :rofl:

my thoughts exactly
but this case is worse because the scammer stole $20..... canadian
i think you can panhandle and get more than that on 17th ave

BerserkerCatSplat
01-31-2006, 12:34 AM
Fucking owned! Now all we need is his phone number.

Anyone want to post it accidentally? :angel:

andres_mt
01-31-2006, 12:36 AM

ban him for just being a child right there ^...?

7thgenvic
01-31-2006, 12:41 AM
don't ban him, i just think for such a "Baller" he seems like a cheapass 16 year that drives his mommy's car and can't pay up 20 bux! fuckkk

rc2002
01-31-2006, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by 1-Bar

Holy!! Ace Ventura...haha....I'll spot $20 for gas for the drive down Richard if you wanna collect...haha

Thanks for the offer. If I pocketed your $20 I would be even. Then I could be just like this guy.

Oh well, I think I've made my point. I guess these things are unavoidable sometimes. I'm glad it was only $20.

:closed:

Weapon_R
01-31-2006, 01:10 AM
He's gone. He had a chance to rectify the problem, yet decided to ignore the thread. No need for guys like that here.

Goblin
01-31-2006, 02:46 AM

3G
01-31-2006, 03:25 AM
IBTL

rbau493
01-31-2006, 02:33 PM
Wow s__dime or should I say s--dime now. Quite the brave shit talking PM you sent me.

:rolleyes:

civicsi
01-31-2006, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by rbau493
Wow s__dime or should I say s--dime now. Quite the brave shit talking PM you sent me.

:rolleyes:

post up the pm!

rbau493
01-31-2006, 02:42 PM
s--dime wrote on 01-31-2006 01:05 PM:

:rofl: well I bet your mother really loves your 6'3" cock you flaming homo

So youre "6'3" and what 130lbs? :rofl:

Better be careful string bean.

Kirbs17
01-31-2006, 03:02 PM
:rofl: :rofl: this guy just doesnt fucking learn.

Mr. Burns
01-31-2006, 03:19 PM
LOL I just saw this thread for the first time... pretty good owning I must say.

ninjak84
01-31-2006, 06:49 PM
Must be tough being so poor that you have to steal $20 over the internet ....
I wonder how he pays for tuition? I guess they give student loans to any loser these days

Mr_John
01-31-2006, 06:53 PM
im surprised nobody has photoshopped his picture yet

zerocon
03-31-2007, 09:50 PM
I am actually down in lethbridge... should print off thread/links/ etc and bring it into a professor... :D...