PDA

View Full Version : XBOX 360's!

Vypros
01-10-2006, 01:33 PM
I was at walmart in marlborough last night. 5 minutes before close I wander over to electronics section where they had 10xbox core systems for $400, and 7 premium systems for ~500 (didnt see a price tag)

these were not display boxes, but actual systems. i held one :) almost carried it out to my car :P

/////AMG
01-10-2006, 02:12 PM
Nice, and...?

Weapon_R
01-10-2006, 02:17 PM
They are everywhere right now.

turbo91talon
01-10-2006, 06:31 PM
which wallmart

Akagi Redsuns
01-10-2006, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by turbo91talon
which wallmart

Did you not read the post? :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Vypros
I was at walmart in marlborough last night. ..........snip

Unknown303
01-10-2006, 09:02 PM
Visit www.hardocp.com if anyone is interested in reading how the guys there watercooled a x360 and seriously brought down the running temps on the 360. Sweet site.

http://hardocp.com/article.html?art=OTM5

rage2
01-10-2006, 09:26 PM
What's the point of watercooling the xbox 360? Mine is bone stock, out of the box, in an enclosed area under the TV, and it works like a charm. If there's a problem, exchange it! I mean, who the hell would buy a $500 machine and rip it apart (voiding the warranty) for no gains?

ZEDGE
01-10-2006, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by rage2
What's the point of watercooling the xbox 360? Mine is bone stock, out of the box, in an enclosed area under the TV, and it works like a charm. If there's a problem, exchange it! I mean, who the hell would buy a $500 machine and rip it apart (voiding the warranty) for no gains?

Exactly.. this overheating shit is stupid.. :rolleyes:

Xtrema
01-10-2006, 10:33 PM

Low noise?

How many dBs are those 2 tiny fan casuing? I find anything over 20dB to be annoying.

rage2
01-11-2006, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema
Low noise?

How many dBs are those 2 tiny fan casuing? I find anything over 20dB to be annoying.
WTF? I'm sitting about 9ft from my xbox 360. I just turned it on, and all I hear is the DVD drive spinning. Cant hear any fan noise. If you can hear the fan noise and it's driving you nuts, you might as well rip out the DVD drive cuz that's fucking loud :rofl:.

kerry
01-11-2006, 02:18 AM
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha hahahahaha ^^^^^^^^

Pwned by the CEO.

Unknown303
01-11-2006, 07:38 AM
You guys should read the article at hardocp before you start to talk about how stupid it is. They did it with the original xbox just because, and they did it with the 360 just to see if they could, plus there was a problem with 360's overheating if you read articles about that, and there 360 was getting significantly hot and the watercooling dtrastically reduced the heat. But you can always have your own opinion, justt though some 360 owners might want a good laugh about what people do to them.

awd
01-11-2006, 11:03 AM
Anyone know where else has the premiums in stock?

rage2
01-11-2006, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Unknown303
You guys should read the article at hardocp before you start to talk about how stupid it is. They did it with the original xbox just because, and they did it with the 360 just to see if they could, plus there was a problem with 360's overheating if you read articles about that, and there 360 was getting significantly hot and the watercooling dtrastically reduced the heat. But you can always have your own opinion, justt though some 360 owners might want a good laugh about what people do to them.
I did read the article. And I'm laughing at how stupid people can be. Lets see.

1. Buy xbox360 for $500
2. Unlucky you, you get a bad one that overheats.
3. Instead of using the warranty, you decide to void it.
4. Spend $200 (or however much it costs) to buy water cooling kit
5. Rip the xbox 360 open and void warranty. Install your water cooling kit.
6. You now have a working out of warranty xbox 360 with shit hanging off the side of it in your home theater cabinet. You can't get more ghetto fabulous than that.

Smart.

Goblin
01-11-2006, 01:16 PM
7. You don't buy anything microsoft for one (1) year, for them to test their products better.
8. Can't beat PC graphics anyway, and FPS are better with a mouse too.

kerry
01-11-2006, 01:28 PM
I did read the article. And I'm laughing at how stupid people can be. Lets see.

1. Buy xbox360 for $500
2. Unlucky you, you get a bad one that overheats.
3. Instead of using the warranty, you decide to void it.
4. Spend $200 (or however much it costs) to buy water cooling kit
5. Rip the xbox 360 open and void warranty. Install your water cooling kit.
6. You now have a working out of warranty xbox 360 with shit hanging off the side of it in your home theater cabinet. You can't get more ghetto fabulous than that.

Smart.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
:werd:

HAHAHAHA

rage2
01-11-2006, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Goblin
7. You don't buy anything microsoft for one (1) year, for them to test their products better.
haha "vote with your wallets". So you're punishing yourself because MS had a small batch with problems. That's ALMOST as dumb.

Buy both. xbox 360 and PC does 2 different things, and each have advantages.

Das_Amaretto
01-11-2006, 02:54 PM
I just don't get why ppl keep bitching about this overheating problem.

It was only it the first batches that had this problem, and only a few machines in that.

Comes wit 90 day microsoft xpress warranty, so.... IF yours has a hot power brick or machine, just call their 800#. Now, you will be without yr 360 for about a week, but it's most likely is that you'll get a NEW machine and power supply returned to you with your original HD with all yr saves. SIMPLE! :thumbsup:

If u buy a 360 now, the problem's already gone.

So shut up with all yr 360 'complaints', suck it up and go buy one. enough with the lame excuses. if you're that worried, go 2 futureshop or besybuy and get ext warranty

ZEDGE
01-11-2006, 09:43 PM

:rolleyes: x 10000000000000

kenny
01-11-2006, 09:47 PM

Low noise?

So you're telling me you play all your games and movies under 20dB? :rofl:

Xtrema
01-12-2006, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by kenny

So you're telling me you play all your games and movies under 20dB? :rofl:

Only my HTPC is under 20dB (single 120mm Antec case fan). It's the only place I really hate noise.

My other PC are noisy as heck ut I don't mind.

My next project is probably gonna be complete fanless and run the PC (except drives and power supply) under cooking/mineral oil.

ninjak84
01-12-2006, 12:13 AM
1. Tough to hear the little fan when full surround sound is on...

2. I've played my 360 for more hours in a row than I'd care to admit. If it hasn't overheated by now, it never will.

For all the complaints/controversy, my experience has been great. Online Perfect Dark is the worst thing to happen to my grades since Gran Turismo 4....

rage2
01-12-2006, 01:30 AM
My next project is probably gonna be complete fanless and run the PC (except drives and power supply) under cooking/mineral oil.
Somebody REALLY needs to get laid.

heavyD
01-12-2006, 10:31 AM
The 360 is quieter than the original Xbox and as Rage said, the DVD drive is the loudest part which has been fairly quiet for me except Quake 4 for some reason is really loud in my drive.

I've put many hours on mine and have yet to have any overheating problems. For $400-$500 the 360 is an amazing piece of hardware. Playing games like Condemed Criminal Origins I spend time just looking around amazing at the beautiful textures and lighting and all the release games were rushed ports which makes me salivate over what is in store with the next batch of games. Anyone downloaded the Fight Night 3 demo yet? Show me a PC that can do that!

lastprodigy
01-15-2006, 07:38 PM
You guys all get the PSP on your 360's?

BigBadVlad
01-18-2006, 11:33 AM
I was lucky enough to have a wife who happened to just walk into a Walmart before Christmas, ask "Do you have any any XBOX 360's?" and they said right over here. So I wound up with one for Chistmas. Then I was even luckier to win a PSP from DOSe magazine. Yes the 360 recognises the PSP and will play mp3's and show pictures, no videos though :(.

Oddly enough the PSP froze up on me before the 360. Just last night I was playing Madden 06 on the PSP and got a blue screen, I kid you not, while it was loading. The PSP didn't completely freeze, just the game, as I was able to go to the home menu. I just lost my progress in the football game.

For me the 360 serves a purpose in the sense that when I want to play a game I want to turn it on, it works without any tweaking, and I'm gaming in seconds.

rbau493
01-18-2006, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by heavyD
Playing games like Condemed Criminal Origins I spend time just looking around amazing at the beautiful textures and lighting and all the release games were rushed ports which makes me salivate over what is in store with the next batch of games. Anyone downloaded the Fight Night 3 demo yet? Show me a PC that can do that!

Youre kidding about "show me a PC that can do that" right?? Or did you mean a $4-500 PC that can do that?

awd
01-18-2006, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by rbau493

Youre kidding about "show me a PC that can do that" right?? Or did you mean a $4-500 PC that can do that?

I have yet to see a pc do what my 360 + 42" hd plasma can and I have been building myself high end gaming machines every year for a long time.

88CRXGUY
01-18-2006, 05:24 PM
So are all the glicthes gone now..???

BerserkerCatSplat
01-18-2006, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by BigBadVlad

Oddly enough the PSP froze up on me before the 360. Just last night I was playing Madden 06 on the PSP and got a blue screen, I kid you not, while it was loading. The PSP didn't completely freeze, just the game, as I was able to go to the home menu. I just lost my progress in the football game.

It's well-documented that Madden 06 is incredibly buggy and crashes all the time. It's a software fault, not a hardware one.

rage2
01-18-2006, 05:27 PM
What glitches?

awd
01-18-2006, 05:32 PM
What glitches?

So far so good with mine, fingers crossed.