PDA

View Full Version : Another restaurant thread. Muse vs Verve

barchetta
01-10-2006, 02:39 PM
Ok, I've done some searching on this forum so I do realize this topic has been beaten to death, but I have more of a specific question here...

I'm looking for somewhere romantic and somewhere I haven't been to...after reading a bunch of posts on here I've narrowed it down to Muse or Verve (Kensington, Mission)...

The menus all look appealing so I'm really only concerned with atmosphere, ambiance..etc..

I found some pics of Muse on the net and right off the bat the Muse looks like a good place to bring your GF for a romantic evening out...dim lighting, comfortable seating, not 'stuffy' but relaxed. However as far as the Verve goes I haven't been able to find any description of the vibe there...Especially the Mission location...

So how do you guys stack these Verve locations up against Muse?? What's the mood like there? Dark/Bright? Loud/Silent? I noticed the Stephen ave location appeared to be a bit more....uhh, say...."Chicago Chophouse" (big and open) where as I'm looking for more of the "Living Room" type place...a more intimate setting.

Sorry to throw another one of these out there...I hope one of you guys can help me out here with a comparison of the three.
Thanks.

Evo prec
01-10-2006, 02:43 PM
hey as for the verve i can comment about its was a good experience very good service and atmospere. it was a romantic setting as for the dim lights and candle light. The food was good but kinda pricy for example 41 dollars for tenderloin. but definately worth going to check out if you ahve a chance

barchetta
01-10-2006, 03:10 PM
Which Verve did you go to?? Or ado they all relatively have the same ambiance??

nonlinear
01-10-2006, 03:27 PM
i haven't been to the verve, but you can't go wrong with Muse :thumbsup:

nonlinear
01-10-2006, 03:27 PM
and if you forget to make reservatoins cafe lido is just a short walk away

j/k :D

A790
01-10-2006, 03:35 PM
Jacqueline Suzannes, 266-1005. Ask for reservations UPSTAIRS.

As well, let them know you are friends of Cameron Martel and you should get a 10% discount.

Let me know how it goes.

danielle
07-05-2006, 11:24 PM
Muse is the best, the ambience is what your're looking for, and the food is way classier than Verve.
And by the way, has anyone noticed Verve's rediculous awnings? Who moves to a new town and calls themselves "best restaurant" before they even open?