PDA

View Full Version : Deck problem - Sony Xplod.... hah

PeDe
01-10-2006, 07:54 PM
I have had this deck for about a year and ahalf now and about a week ago I put in a new amp and hooked up my 2 10's. I was playing some music when it just cut out, no power no nothing. Cant even get it to trun on, just plain dead. I checked fuses, grounds and connections are all fine. Could there be anything i missed and if not, how would I test to see if the deck still works? I dont want to pay Future shop $25 to bench test so I was wondering if there is any way for me to do it.

Thanks in advance guys

Another Sony xplod to find the bottom of a dumpster!
Let it be heard! DONT BUY SONY CAR AUDIO

Again jsut my opinion
:bullshit:

dooman24
01-10-2006, 08:01 PM
haha
a way i tested my deck was..
grab a 12v battery..
like from a drill or something
hookup the yellow and red to the positive side of the bat
and and the black wire to the negative side
and if ti turns on it works..
try it.. and check the fuse behind the deck to.. and the fuse under the dash

Weapon_R
01-10-2006, 08:38 PM
I'd disconnect it and then try it on another power source. This way you can be sure that there aren't any shorts.

GTS Jeff
01-10-2006, 09:13 PM
The most convenient power source is your car battery. Twist red and yellow together, touch it to the +ive terminal and touch the black wire to the -ive terminal.

TEAMFaint
01-10-2006, 10:16 PM
This happened to my friend after he installed his new MB Quart speakers in his Civic, ended up that the deck just fried right out.

The worst thing about Sony Xplode decks, is that the deck itself will fry before the fuses do:thumbsdow

I hate to be the bringer of bad news, but I believe that you may have to be in the market to get a new deck.

Jonathan@TCS
01-11-2006, 09:49 AM
Sounds strange, but if you need to bench test it, bring it in, and I can do it ( no charge ). It only takes 5 minutes, and they shouldn't charge you $25 bucks.

GTS Jeff
01-11-2006, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by TEAMFaint
I believe that you may have to be in the market to get a new deck. :werd: :werd: :werd:

I have a good deck for sale...it's gonna be way nicer than your current highschool Sony deck and it's a good price too.