PDA

View Full Version : Finally in New Zealand!!

LUDELVR
01-10-2006, 08:02 PM
Well, after my brief stopover in Calgary....one month, I'm sure all those I partied with are happy I'm gone! haha, congratulations, you can finally rest!

Anyway, just arrived in New Zealand after a long trip here. I ended up having to use a return trip to Bangkok, and I arrived via van to taipei with a 6 hour stopover here. Then from Taipei to Bangkok with a day and half rest and from there to Sydney and transfer Auckland. But I'm finally here and man, this country is so beautiful!

Making friends with the local Honda guys and prolly gonna go to a meet and cruise on the 19th, I keep forgetting it's summer time here! haha,

I rented a car, a lancer and man I'm kinda glad I got auto for the time being. Driving right hand drive is one thing...driving right hand drive on the opposite side of the road that you've been driving for, for your entire life is suicide! haha, I'm getting the hang of it, but so far so good! Only got curb rash on the hubcaps from parallel parking.

Now, i have to find a place to live, yah, I didn't find a place yet, that's right go eat it mofos, but should hopefully find one soon. Gotta go to a car auction first tomorrow night but it's gonna be something cheapass until I get my bearings straight and on my feet.

anyway, gotta run, I'll try and get some pics up sooner than later, as well, try and get some of my other Asia pics that I said I'd get up sooner than later as well.

Peace out Negroes!!!:thumbsup:

JordanEG6
01-10-2006, 08:43 PM
wow, you've been travelling for quite some time, thats awesome. anyways, good luck finding a place to live and post pics soon! :thumbsup:

tapout
01-11-2006, 12:30 AM
wow props man i could never bounce from 1 stop to another and start living all over the world:nut:

Mr_John
01-11-2006, 12:35 AM
are you working down there now or just visiting for a long period of time?
how long is the planned stay in New Z?

LUDELVR
01-11-2006, 04:08 AM
Well, the planned stay is for one year. I am looking to get on the teaching board here, but we'll see how shit goes. Right now, in the process of looking for a permanent place to live for the year as well as a car. Cars are fairly cheap here and I can get an r34 quite readily...if only the pocket book would agree with me! haha.

Yah, it's a bit difficult jumping around the world, but meh, better now than when I'm 60 I guess! haha :rofl:

/////AMG
01-11-2006, 04:28 AM
:thumbsup: nice one, New Zealand reminds me of Canada, nice and open, so green! It's a nice place.
You're lucky, I went there in June and it was winter there, but avg temp/ was always about 12, that country kicks ass for weather.
Get some pics asap!
Good luck with everything.

cocoabrova
01-11-2006, 12:14 PM
Hey fag thanks for coming out Friday night:thumbsdow
Makes sure to PM me your info when you get permanent residence.....Oh and don't forget to send me those pics:devil:

mac_82
01-11-2006, 12:22 PM
Are you gonna plan on staying on the north island or the south?

Watch out for those sheep fuckers, I was shown a couple newspaper articles while I was down there about the sheep fuckers getting caught.

:rofl: :rofl:

mac_82
01-11-2006, 12:23 PM

Vagabond142
01-11-2006, 12:46 PM
Nau mai Aotearoa!

Hey hey :D You're in my home country! :thumbsup:

If you're in Wellington, Parmiston North, Rotorua, Auckland or Christchurch, I have family in all locations that I can tap into for info on good places to visit, eat, cruise, et al, if you want that info :thumbsup:

I highly recommend the Wharfside Fish and Chips in Auckland on the east harbor... when they prepare your fish, they go out back, pull up the net, take a fish off it, give it a good whack to the brainpan and then get on with the prep and cooking... takes about 20 minutes after you order till you get your food at a slow time, but they have a lovely set of benches all along the wharf you can watch the sunset and munch your fishies and chippies :bigpimp:

Also, I HIGHLY recommend Rotorua (despite the boiling mud sulfur smell). There are some Maori historical sites there that are beautiful, there's also the boiling mud pits (a lot more fun than it sounds), the geysers around Rotorua, and the lovely countryside there.

If you're a hiker, then hit the south island if you can. You've seen how beautiful it is in movies such as Lord of the Rings, the Chronicles of Narnia, some parts of King Kong... just wide open expanses of beautiful valleys that one can spend an entire week hiking through and not feel that time has been wasted.

All in all, enjoy my home country, and above all... CHEERS! :D

LUDELVR
01-11-2006, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by /////AMG
:thumbsup: nice one, New Zealand reminds me of Canada, nice and open, so green! It's a nice place.
You're lucky, I went there in June and it was winter there, but avg temp/ was always about 12, that country kicks ass for weather.
Get some pics asap!
Good luck with everything.

Yah man, my sentiments exactly!! It's an awesome country, so green and beautiful! It's pretty small and reminscent of Victoria for me, but yah, it's great! Hoping all goes well and I don't get deported outta here too!:thumbsdow :rofl:

LUDELVR
01-11-2006, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by cocoabrova
Hey fag thanks for coming out Friday night:thumbsdow
Makes sure to PM me your info when you get permanent residence.....Oh and don't forget to send me those pics:devil:

haha, dude, after the game, I got so hammered, I ended up going to the Rose and Crown, then ended up at the Back Alley!!!:nut: :nut: Pretty fun though man, I was too hammered, but now that you mention it, I knew that I was supposed to call someone!!! :rofl: Sorry dude, I was too engulfed by the random ass floating around that place!!:poosie: :drool: :rofl:

But yah, I'll let all you guys know what's going down once I'm set up:thumbsup:

LUDELVR
01-11-2006, 05:05 PM
Yah, I'm up on the North Island. Up by Massey and Albany.

Originally posted by Vagabond142
Nau mai Aotearoa!

Hey hey :D You're in my home country! :thumbsup:

If you're in Wellington, Parmiston North, Rotorua, Auckland or Christchurch, I have family in all locations that I can tap into for info on good places to visit, eat, cruise, et al, if you want that info :thumbsup:

I highly recommend the Wharfside Fish and Chips in Auckland on the east harbor... when they prepare your fish, they go out back, pull up the net, take a fish off it, give it a good whack to the brainpan and then get on with the prep and cooking... takes about 20 minutes after you order till you get your food at a slow time, but they have a lovely set of benches all along the wharf you can watch the sunset and munch your fishies and chippies :bigpimp:

Also, I HIGHLY recommend Rotorua (despite the boiling mud sulfur smell). There are some Maori historical sites there that are beautiful, there's also the boiling mud pits (a lot more fun than it sounds), the geysers around Rotorua, and the lovely countryside there.

If you're a hiker, then hit the south island if you can. You've seen how beautiful it is in movies such as Lord of the Rings, the Chronicles of Narnia, some parts of King Kong... just wide open expanses of beautiful valleys that one can spend an entire week hiking through and not feel that time has been wasted.

All in all, enjoy my home country, and above all... CHEERS! :D

Thanks man, and don't you worry, I'm planning on taking in everything that NZ has to offer!!:devil: :devil: I think I'm falling in love with NZ chicks man, I love the accents!!!!:drool: :poosie: But we'll see, everyone still thinks I'm Mauri!!! :rofl: :rofl:

As far as cruises go, I'm getting into the NZ honda forum so hopefully they're as cool as some of the guys on this forum!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rofl:

Just kidding guys, everyone is cool on this forum!:rofl: :rofl:

LUDELVR
01-11-2006, 05:06 PM
Oh and don't forget to send me those pics:devil:

Oh yah, one more thing Al, do you want me to post them up or send them...privately! Cuz pics like that should never be denied!!!:poosie: :rofl: :rofl:

Vagabond142
01-11-2006, 05:59 PM
Lude: for cruises, there are some incredible seaside ones that you should ask the Honda guys about. And yes, Kiwi girls are.... appreciable :D

cocoabrova
01-11-2006, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by LUDELVR

Oh yah, one more thing Al, do you want me to post them up or send them...privately! Cuz pics like that should never be denied!!!:poosie: :rofl: :rofl:

PM PLEASE:thumbsup:

2000_SI
01-17-2006, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by LUDELVR

PM PLEASE:thumbsup:

With a response like that, Leo you know you need to post them...:devil:

statick
01-17-2006, 05:07 PM
congratulations on arriving in NZ, hope everything works out for you over there...btw, check PM:thumbsup:

Vagabond142
01-19-2006, 09:45 AM
Any updates, Lude? Hooked up with any of the accented chicas? :poosie: Also, PICS! I miss my home :cry:

LUDELVR
01-20-2006, 03:18 AM
Any updates, Lude? Hooked up with any of the accented chicas? :poosie: Also, PICS! I miss my home :cry:

Man, this has been such an ironic experience thus far!!!

Okay, I leave Korea and Asia for that matter to go to a different part of the world. Okay, I'm thinking, man, I'm gonna miss Korea, the korean food, the stores, sites, and the women....WRONG!!

I get here to NZ and what the fuck, it's all Koreans!!! haha :rofl: Every store, restaurant and pretty much anything is Korean owned! Oh well, the irony was there for me. Nothing wrong with Koreans, but kinda funny!

Also, it's so fucked up here, firstly, I'm finally getting the hang of driving on the opposite side of the road as well as the car. One thing I won't get used to is that EVERYONE IS FUCKING BAREFOOT!!!

I go to the mall, I see people walking around barefoot. I go to the bank, people with no shoes. I go the grocery store, people barefoot. Parking lots, elevators, restaurants, doesn't fucking matter...no shoes!!! WHAT THE FUCK!!!! I see kids, infants, adults, couples, parents and entire families walking around with NO FUCKING SHOES!!

Anyway, I don't know, find it odd! :dunno:

I'll try and post pics as soon as I can, I just moved into a place, my dwelling for the next year, as well as picking up a bunch of furnishings so it's pretty crazy right now. No job yet! haha, schools still out for summer vacation, but hopefully sooner than later!:nut:

As well, car scene is alright, so many sti's and subbies for that matter as well as nissans. Pretty much every car has a fucking exhaust or something. So many turbo'd cars too, not just hondaslllas a matter of fact, I haven't seen too many turbo'd hondas, a lot of nissans, and mazdas, but not a lot of show worth cars. Most turbo'd cars I've seen are pretty slow! haha, my carb'd civic beat a turbo'd mazda! :nut: :dunno:

Anyway, I went to a honda meet and yah, a couple of nice cars but nothing too major. Hopefully, I'll get to go the track day and get some good pics.

I'll keep yall updated on what rides I get...and what kind of cars I get into too ;) :devil:

/////AMG
01-20-2006, 03:50 AM
:thumbsup: Good update. No shoes, eh? Thats wierd!

D-Man
01-20-2006, 07:34 AM
Man, it's crazy how much you have been travelling lately. I wish I could do something like that one day, maybe when I'm retired, hahaha.

So Leo, when are we going to see these pic's of Asia? I'm more interested in the ladies. Feel free to PM me the good stuff...

Vagabond142
01-20-2006, 09:35 AM
Well, the reason for the bare feet? It's just the way things are, honestly. Been going on for so long no one really questions why. Hell, I walk around my community sometimes in barefeet if I know it's a short trip.

Keep an eye out for the "Targa New Zealand" race. If you want to see modded cars, that's the race to see. From the north tip of the North Island to the south tip of the North Island, within a road rally targa format. Just keep away from the ditches unless you want to go MR2 fishing :D

Vagabond142
02-03-2006, 12:00 PM
Lude man... any updates? I always love to hear news from my home country :thumbsup:

Oh, and something you absolutely MUST SEE LIVE is a haka war dance (the one that the all-blacks do at a rugby game) done by Maori in war dress. Kamate kamate KAOOOOOREEE!! (thumps feet and slaps biceps) :D

Enjoy my country, my fellow honda man :) And make sure to have a couple of mussels, they are mighty tasty :thumbsup:

LUDELVR
02-06-2006, 04:28 AM
Originally posted by D-Man
Man, it's crazy how much you have been travelling lately. I wish I could do something like that one day, maybe when I'm retired, hahaha.

So Leo, when are we going to see these pic's of Asia? I'm more interested in the ladies. Feel free to PM me the good stuff...

Hey man, got so many pics of Asia, but my website is down. It should be up and running this month so I should have my asia pics up sooner than later! Hopefully! haha
:thumbsup:

Lude man... any updates? I always love to hear news from my home country :thumbsup:

Oh, and something you absolutely MUST SEE LIVE is a haka war dance (the one that the all-blacks do at a rugby game) done by Maori in war dress. Kamate kamate KAOOOOOREEE!! (thumps feet and slaps biceps) :D

Enjoy my country, my fellow honda man :) And make sure to have a couple of mussels, they are mighty tasty :thumbsup:

As for my pics of NZ, I'm not going as crazy as I did in Asia, I guess cuz NZ is too much like home! haha, but still, taking some pics, and I'm here for a year! I guess being in Korea and taking like 30 pics a day took its toll! As well, my cable is fucked so I need to get a card reader to put my pics onto my computer and then still need to wait till my site is up and running.

And I think the bare feet thing hit an all time WTF for me. I went bowling and there was a Mauri guy bowling with his GF and they both didn't have shoes!! WHAT THE FUCK!! :rofl: it was just kinda funny seeing that!:rofl: :dunno:

Vagabond142
02-06-2006, 05:36 PM
Lude: I'm not really a stickler for spelling that much, but it's MaOri, not MaUri :P

Anyways, you should try bare feet once in a while. Just not in South Auckland ;) Also, make sure to visit One-Tree Hill... if you like taking pics, you get the absolute BEST view of the Auckland harbor from there :thumbsup: