PDA

View Full Version : Bike tests

glennm27
01-11-2006, 09:35 AM
i was wonderin how hard the motorcycle test is?i wanna take it in spring or summer..and whats probably the best bike for a beginner who is gonna have lots of training?

wildkarrde
01-11-2006, 09:41 AM
Depends if you've ridden before I guess. If you pay attention in the class, you shouldn't have any problems.

kevie88
01-11-2006, 09:42 AM
Take a class with Too Cool Motorcycle School and you will own the test.. It's pretty easy.

Goblin
01-11-2006, 11:17 AM
Heard some good thing about http://www.calgarysafetycouncil.com/

glennm27
01-11-2006, 01:10 PM
perfect just what i needed guys thanks alot..one more thing..im not stupid i know not to buy too powerful of a bike..but a yamaha cbr 600? is that good

benyl
01-11-2006, 01:33 PM
Yamaha doesn't make the cbr 600. Honda does.

handsomebassman
01-11-2006, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by benyl
Yamaha doesn't make the cbr 600. Honda does.

Give him a break, hes from abbotsford, lol.
just kiddin, im originally from new westminster and port coquilam bc.

But yea, benyls right about the cbr. T'is a honda.

glennm27
01-11-2006, 01:55 PM
Ya lol thats what i meant..i dunno whats running through my head lol..hey im from calgary by the way! just moved out to this shit hole

BlueFrenzy
01-11-2006, 02:08 PM
600cc sport bike may be a bit much to handle. Depends on you. If you know that you're the type to test the bike's limits or if you are a bit aggressive, then you may get yourself into some trouble. I know a few people that bought 600cc to learn on and it freaked them out and ended up trading to a lower bike. Others learned just fine on 600s because they drove like a grandpa. The 600 class tend to magnify mistakes, so if you're sitting at a stop light and you accidentally give too much throttle and drop the clutch, you're looking at the bike popping a wheelie and crashing down on you.

The standard beginner bikes are either the suzuki gs500 or the Kawasaki Ninja 250r or 500r. I personally believe that you may get bored with the 250 but that's just me. Get it used that way if you drop your bike, you won't feel that bad.

glennm27
01-11-2006, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by BlueFrenzy
600cc sport bike may be a bit much to handle. Depends on you. If you know that you're the type to test the bike's limits or if you are a bit aggressive, then you may get yourself into some trouble. I know a few people that bought 600cc to learn on and it freaked them out and ended up trading to a lower bike. Others learned just fine on 600s because they drove like a grandpa. The 600 class tend to magnify mistakes, so if you're sitting at a stop light and you accidentally give too much throttle and drop the clutch, you're looking at the bike popping a wheelie and crashing down on you.

The standard beginner bikes are either the suzuki gs500 or the Kawasaki Ninja 250r or 500r. I personally believe that you may get bored with the 250 but that's just me. Get it used that way if you drop your bike, you won't feel that bad.

ya that sounds right.. the 600 is alot i heard..from a friend..and im just learning..i dont need something crazy fast as i learn..does anyone know of any ninja 250r or 500r's for sale that i could buy?!?1

DSMer4Life
01-11-2006, 04:15 PM
Another option is the Suzuki SV650, which is a v-twin sportbike. It's still got power, but it's more linear in it's power delivery, which helps when you're learning. Don't get me wrong though, it's got enough jam to lift the wheel if you know, or don't know what you're doing! But you may not get "bored" with it as quick as say, a 250. Some people never get tired of these affordable twins.

Oh, and definitely go with the Too Cool, or Calgary Safety Council course to learn the important basics.:thumbsup:

glennm27
01-12-2006, 07:14 AM
Thanks for all the info guys! really helped me out