PDA

View Full Version : Speedville

pr5owner
07-04-2002, 10:11 PM
going there to look around soon, for performance stuff

please tell me your honest opinons about them, their prices, service etc.

4wheeldrift
07-04-2002, 11:23 PM
I've dealt with them on a couple of occasions. First, try and deal with the guy who owns the place (can't remember his name now) or colin. They both seem to have a pretty good grasp of what is going on. They were offering deals for CSCC members, so I got some pretty good prices out of them. They were the shop that installed my seats (sparco evo 2s). Considering they were the first pair of seats they had ever installed, they did a pretty good job custom fabricating brackets for me. Took them a bit longer than i was expecting, but I wasn't too choked because I did know it was the first set they ever did. I ultimately ended up paying for only about 1/3 of the labor involved. They only billed me for their original estimate, and not what it ultimately ended up taking. All in all, my experiences with speedville have been fairly good to date. I have no particular shop loyalty, I go where the parts are cheapest but I've done ok with speedville so far.

Pete92SL
07-04-2002, 11:38 PM
I won't go anywhere else for parts. They also installed both of my suspension set ups at a really great cost.

The owners name is Carl.

Pete

Weapon_R
07-04-2002, 11:47 PM
Never been there, but i've heard that a few members here talk nothing but trash from that place, so I am staying away from it. Way I look at it, if they can't treat all their customers the same, why spend any money there when there are many other stores that do work better?

max_boost
07-05-2002, 02:31 AM
Not every store is perfect and there will always be some grouchy customers who complains. Just be careful who you deal with and make your own judgement.

4wheeldrift
07-05-2002, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
Never been there, but i've heard that a few members here talk nothing but trash from that place, so I am staying away from it. Way I look at it, if they can't treat all their customers the same, why spend any money there when there are many other stores that do work better?

Even the most reputable shops have their moments too. If I were to listen to everyone who ever said something bad about a tuner shop in calgary, I'd be pretty much hooped because I wouldn't be able to deal with any of them.

mischief
07-05-2002, 08:15 AM
I was talking to the owner Karl when I was looking for cross drilled rotors. He was trying to charge me $120 bucks more than tunerworks wanted for them.

Redlyne_mr2
07-05-2002, 02:55 PM
that place is beat...overpriced, underskilled, I dont mind if they charge more for better work but because they offer a lesser quality of work at a higher price..Redlyne_mr2 gives them a thumbsdown:thumbsdow

GP_DrIvEr
07-05-2002, 10:23 PM
i have never dealt with them but my buddy got his new struts and springs installed there and they forgot to put the bearing in the strut back in... then when he noticed something was wrong he took it back and they couldnt find what was wrong... he had to take it somewhere else...

IMO stuff like that shouldnt happen... but everyone makes mistakes

pr5owner
07-07-2002, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by mischief
I was talking to the owner Karl when I was looking for cross drilled rotors. He was trying to charge me $120 bucks more than tunerworks wanted for them.

how much for the rotors?

from what i know you can get drilled or slotted brembo rotors for 150-210USD (both front and back 4x) for my car, some hondas and some BMW's

MiNG
07-07-2002, 11:02 PM
never dealt with them, but i've heard nothing but negative things about them.