PDA

View Full Version : Thailand Flights

canderson
01-12-2006, 01:01 AM
Hey im going to Thailand around end of March and staying there for 2 months. How much would a flight cost. IS $1700 reasonable? Also would it be smart to get my work visa now or should i save it for another time as i think im going to be going for 6 months next year. Is there such thing as a Travellers work visa which is valid for 3 months? I dont even know haha But anyone whose been to Thailand or knows this stuff PM me with some advice. Thanks

dodad
01-12-2006, 04:25 AM
Umm my parents are there right now there staying there also for 2 months. Just vaction though. Umm the only thing is they fly there once a year and they buy tickes somewhere out of vancouver for $1200. I looked into this and the cheapest flight i could find was $1400 here in calgary. Best bet keep seaching cause $1700 is steep

joyridder
01-12-2006, 09:29 AM
My Inlaws are there right now for 2 months as well..I believe that they paid $1500.....

vincent-h
01-12-2006, 11:59 AM
Cheapest price out there if your somewhat flexible and don't mind flying via the USA

1180.00 Tax incl Korean airlines.

mac_82
01-12-2006, 12:03 PM
If you spend a couple extra bucks, try to fly Singapore Airlines, they are amazing, I will only fly with them.

FiveFreshFish
01-12-2006, 02:14 PM
^^^ :werd:

Cathay Pacific is also very good.

canderson
01-12-2006, 02:16 PM
ya i heard singapore airlines was good thanks for the advice. WHat about that travellers work visa has anyone heard anything about that??

vincent-h
01-12-2006, 05:31 PM
Just be warned entry will and may be refused if of hippy appearance. *this is nto a joke* its acually says that in my coputer reservation system and there are are acually rules and restictions regarding this. Its acually a little bit funny imo haha

danno567
01-18-2006, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by mac_82
If you spend a couple extra bucks, try to fly Singapore Airlines, they are amazing, I will only fly with them.

Agreed. or Thai airlines or Malaysian airlines. WORTH paying more for the service. NEVER fly any american or canadian airlines that go overseas. you will love the asian airlines. they are the best.

dodad
01-20-2006, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by vincent-h
Just be warned entry will and may be refused if of hippy appearance. *this is nto a joke* its acually says that in my coputer reservation system and there are are acually rules and restictions regarding this. Its acually a little bit funny imo haha

Like dont dress like an idiot...lol

Also do you have to have passport to enter foreign country?

canderson
01-20-2006, 09:07 PM
Ya i went to france two years ago.
Does anyone know where i could get my scuba lisence??

danno567
01-26-2006, 03:35 PM
get your scuba cert down in Thailand. Koh Tao, just north of Koh Samui is where the divers all hang. Its amazing.

here is a link to some info

http://www.scuba-junction.com/

:thumbsup:

Roger Moore
02-13-2006, 11:34 PM
If your flying to Thailain and have some Star Alliance flight points you can get there via Canadian Airlines, then take Thai Airlines, Thai airlines is a member of the star alliance so you can use points for your ticket. I went there 2 years ago. B-e-a-utiful.

Regarding SCUBA DIVING. I would recomend getting certified here in Calgary first. Try the dive shop on Macleod by Heritage. Make sure your PADI ensured. You will get the first part of your certification here in calgary when you take the course, then when your on your trip you go on an open water dive -not a confined water dive which is the pool- and you take the last part of the course which is mainly a buoyancy test, an emergeny surface test, a buddy breathe test and a couple others.

Scuba diving in Thailand is UNBELIEVABLE. It is ,mark my words, the BEST DIVING ON THE PLANET. Warm water, abundant life, few currents and quite a few PADI dive centers to choose your dive from. I would HIGHLY RECCOMEND a dive in Thailand.

Good luck with your trip. :thumbsup:

canderson
02-25-2006, 01:11 PM
OK so heres the update i got a flight with korean airlines for $1201. IT leaves on april. 3rd into Bangkok. Anything that i should do while im down there. IM there for 2 months.

Kobe
02-25-2006, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by canderson
OK so heres the update i got a flight with korean airlines for $1201. IT leaves on april. 3rd into Bangkok. Anything that i should do while im down there. IM there for 2 months.

1201$ with taxes? Thats a very goood price :hitit: :hitit:

My mom is still undecided if she is gunna go fly to thiland or china...

She is a travel Agent, and says does are the 2 places she has to see...
:rofl: :rofl: I think she wants to see every country...

You will have fun tho man...