PDA

View Full Version : Calgary - Almost had a Columbine School Type Massacre

/////AMG
01-12-2006, 07:55 AM
I just heard on the radio some kid was planning to do the same thing that happened at Columbine High School in the US a few years ago.
He was going to do it in a school in the NW. Fucking idiot!

Wait, found an article:

A Columbine-style Internet plot by a Calgary high school student to kill another pupil and exact revenge on bullies has been thwarted by cops, the Sun has learned.

Police found seven rifles and a vast assortment of other weapons at the teen's home after being tipped off to his scary website.

A 16-year-old boy is before the courts facing criminal charges.

Despite the investigation and charges being laid more than two months ago, neither the Calgary Police Service nor the Calgary Board of Education told the public about the case involving the northwest school, which cannot be identified.

Crown prosecutor and youth unit team leader Ken McCaffrey said the allegations are very serious.

"There are a number of disturbing red flags and the case is going to require, if he is convicted at the end of the day, some kind of psychiatric intervention to make sure he doesn't act out in a violent way," he said yesterday.

"Our biggest concern as Crown prosecutors is the protection of the public from anything this individual might be involved in (having) to do with an illegal, violent nature."

Court records show the teen, who cannot be named under the Youth Criminal Justice Act, was charged Oct. 28 with four counts of possessing a prohibited weapon and two counts of carrying a concealed weapon.

His alleged murderous plans came to light after another student found a posting depicting violence on Nexopia, a popular teen chat website.

McCaffrey said it had violent comments and images including confessions of loving "the smell of gunpowder and the taste of blood," a hit list and an image of a teen wearing a baseball cap on fire.

A search warrant led cops to find weapons, including seven rifles said to belong to a parent, a throwing star, brass knuckles, a switchblade, ammunition, weapons hidden in hollowed-out books and a club.

The teen allegedly had two knives on him at the time of his arrest.

CBE officials were eager to comment but not on case specifics.

The school principal, who also cannot be named, said there were no indications of any problem with the previously ideal student until he was notified by cops of their concerns.

The CBE said privacy rules prevent them from releasing whether the student is still attending the high school.

The principal said the student has since shown remorse and the "bullying" case was resolved at the school in co-operation with police, the teen and his concerned parents.

"When we heard about the website and weapons, we realized he needed support and were really fortunate to have a good relationship with the family and police," he said. "We've moved on."

School officials said they were not made aware by police of some evidence against the student, including threats to kill.

Staff Sgt. Tam Pozzobon said cops felt a responsibility to keep education officials informed throughout the investigation.

"We felt we exercised due diligence by keeping that school and school board well informed of what we were doing so they could deal with the issue appropriately. We felt they would handle it according to their policies and procedures," she said.

GoChris
01-12-2006, 08:57 AM
:nut:

DUBBED
01-12-2006, 09:01 AM
GEEESSEE!! Good thing they caught that one.

I bet it was Bowness. :dunno:

cityhunter2501
01-12-2006, 09:12 AM
i heard about this too while driving this morning.:nut:

AcuraTl
01-12-2006, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by DUBBED
GEEESSEE!! Good thing they caught that one.

man thats fucked up shit, i have relatives and close friends going to schools in the NW

Nissanaddict
01-12-2006, 09:19 AM
The sad part is he probably won't be tried as an adult because he didn't actually go through with it, even though he most likely would have. I wish we could at least know who he is to stay away from him. Young offenders act is a joke.

Proyecto2000
01-12-2006, 09:20 AM
heard that on the radio this morning also, that is one messed up kid :nut:

joyridder
01-12-2006, 09:25 AM
Pretty scary situation, hopefully that kid gets some serious help...

SLR
01-12-2006, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Nissanaddict
The sad part is he probably won't be tried as an adult because he didn't actually go through with it, even though he most likely would have. I wish we could at least know who he is to stay away from him. Young offenders act is a joke.

I hate to say it, but kids like that keep the assholes in check.

People tend to be a lot more polite when they think there is a possibility of paying with their life.

Tomaz
01-12-2006, 01:20 PM
I am not amazedthat this happens, just astonished that it will never stop!

finboy
01-12-2006, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by DUBBED

:werd:

lastprodigy
01-12-2006, 01:30 PM
i hope he gets ass raped...

HoisinSauce
01-12-2006, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by lastprodigy
i hope he gets ass raped...

if he drops the soap

doublepostwhore
01-12-2006, 01:37 PM
What school... They should tell the public what school it was... it is our right to know.

jer82
01-12-2006, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by SLR

I hate to say it, but kids like that keep the assholes in check.

People tend to be a lot more polite when they think there is a possibility of paying with their life.

Agreed, bullying needs to be tamed down.. if the guy went through with it the other guy may have deserved it..

retro-steve
01-12-2006, 01:39 PM
honestly, he probably wouldn't have gone through with it. there are a lot of people that say/do stuff for the attention but if it ever came down to it they wouldn't do it. i had a friend like that before that had his whole "hit list" and everything...as soon as he got laid all his wanting to kill suddenly dissapeared.

fucking teenage angst.

l8braker
01-12-2006, 02:07 PM
Usually the ones who pick and bully people end up mowing your lawn, shovelling your sidewalks and pumping your gas. :nut:

lastprodigy
01-12-2006, 02:11 PM
or join the CPS lol....jk :poosie:

/////AMG
01-12-2006, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by retro-steve
honestly, he probably wouldn't have gone through with it. there are a lot of people that say/do stuff for the attention but if it ever came down to it they wouldn't do it. i had a friend like that before that had his whole "hit list" and everything...as soon as he got laid all his wanting to kill suddenly dissapeared.

fucking teenage angst.

LOL! But seriously, he had two knifes on him when he was arrested and founf a shit load of guns in his room or whatever.

GQBalla
01-12-2006, 03:43 PM
WOW i was just about to post about this but

to everyone that wishes to know what school it was.

it was bowness.

good guess guys.

but i went to bowness and its not a bad school at all.

today i went to pick up my girlfriend and the police had arrested someone and blah blah blah same story.

i just droppped her off at school and i saw many reporters wandering the streets.

finboy
01-12-2006, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by /////AMG

LOL! But seriously, he had two knifes on him when he was arrested and founf a shit load of guns in his room or whatever.

there are TONS of highschool kids who have more then knives on them at school man, thats not uncommon at all :rofl:

s dime
01-12-2006, 03:48 PM
So, they were making arrests today? Am i reading the article wrong or does it say that the investigation was done and charges were laid two months ago (October 28th)...

rc2002
01-12-2006, 03:51 PM
The guy's an idiot. Why would he post all his plans on the internet first? He deserves whatever's coming to him even if he didn't follow up on his plans.

GQBalla
01-12-2006, 03:52 PM
the dude is a idiot.

they arrested the teen today i thinks

thats what i heard

s dime
01-12-2006, 03:55 PM
Court records show the teen, who cannot be named under the Youth Criminal Justice Act, was charged Oct. 28 with four counts of possessing a prohibited weapon and two counts of carrying a concealed weapon.

Don't think he was arrested today. Scary situation nonetheless.:eek:

jer82
01-12-2006, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by s dime

Don't think he was arrested today. Scary situation nonetheless.:eek:

I believe from the wording of the article that this was a previous charge.. maybe I am reading it wrong :dunno:

mikey_mo_love
01-12-2006, 04:02 PM
that's fucked up

/////AMG
01-12-2006, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by finboy
there are TONS of highschool kids who have more then knives on them at school man, thats not uncommon at all :rofl:

Yea I know that is common, but it isn't common if they have actual weapons (guns) stacked in their rooms/house.

s dime
01-12-2006, 04:05 PM
Hmm, I read it as this whole event happened in october and was kept hush hush, until today when it was leaked. I could be wrong, GQBALLA said he saw police there today and someone had been arrested in relation to the story.

GQBalla
01-12-2006, 04:07 PM
yes im pretty sure the guy was arrested todays, calgary sun and lotsa reporters all around.

my girlfriend was a little scared today,

i wonder who this kid was....

GQBalla
01-12-2006, 04:08 PM
yeah im pretty sure this guy got arrested today.

lotsa reporters calgary sun and stuff,

i wonder who this guy was, whose names were on that list.

2000_SI
01-12-2006, 04:09 PM
How the hell does a 16 year old have enough cash to buy noy just 1 rifle, but miltiple ones, as well as knives and shit?
Last time i checked, firearms (even illegaly obtained ones) are NOT cheap to come buy, and unless McDicks has bumped thier starting wages up really high.....:dunno:

s dime
01-12-2006, 04:09 PM
Yeah, i'd be curious to find out who he was too. More than likely we never will though.

what year did you grad BALLA?

GQBalla
01-12-2006, 04:13 PM
i graduated in 2005.

i think hes name will get spread around quick

ahah

well it said the firearms were registered to his parents.

Freebs
01-12-2006, 04:19 PM
WHAT!!! I WENT there last year.... and my sister was there this year... among lots of people i know...

But it honistly does not surprise me.... the principles there wouldnt do any thing to help.. they probably just added to it... trust me... if you dont play football at that school your no good in their eyes....

This comment right here says its from Bowness

The principal said the student has since shown remorse and the "bullying" case was resolved at the school in co-operation with police, the teen and his concerned parents.

GQballa could even tell you as he knows to... the assistant priciple ALWAYS says "remorse" since i almost got kicked out of that school and he said untill i had to feel "remorse" or else he would kick me out... and he said that to EVERY one...

ahah fuck you Mr. LONG!!!

GQBalla
01-12-2006, 05:00 PM
lol

mr long was a tool...when he wasn't tryin to kick us out he was always on our backs!@ ahah good times

oh and i was mistaken the guy wasn't arrested today, it was back in october 28, the media had just found out about everything.

can't believe they kept this quiet till now...
thats a long time

s dime
01-12-2006, 05:11 PM
I wonder why the media and police were there today? Oh well, When I went to bowness I remember police showing up fairly regularly.

GQBalla
01-12-2006, 05:12 PM
really??? i only saw the police there alot around this time lass year

what year did you graduate s dime?

handsomebassman
01-12-2006, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by GQBalla
l
oh and i was mistaken the guy wasn't arrested today, it was back in october 28, the media had just found out about everything.

can't believe they kept this quiet till now...
thats a long time

Yep, but dont worry guys, they dont have much on me. They just exagerated things they found on my website, and took away all my guns.
Ill tell you how the trial goes.

GQBalla
01-12-2006, 05:18 PM
i heard they exagerated a lot of stuff bouts you

ahaha

trippy

s dime
01-12-2006, 05:18 PM
'03

I remember seeing the police patrolling Bowness in general, not just the high school. Everyday you would see police cruising from the mac's to the school, They wouldn't always stop but there presence was known. Especially near lunch hour and after school.

GQBalla
01-12-2006, 05:24 PM
lol thats cause they were lookin for all them stonersss!!!!!

that is true though.but same for every high school almosts

cman
01-13-2006, 12:38 AM
Yep Bowness for sure, I know 2 of the girls who were interviewed.
That's pretty scary stuff though, I can't imagine that ever happening anywhere, let alone our own city.
Unbelievable.

MidnightDreamer
01-13-2006, 12:44 AM
That's rediculous... My bro who goes to Bowness jokingly said it was his school that was involved... He was joking for real too lol... I knew I could find the truth here tho... News seems to hit Beyond shelves faster and more reliably than off the tv... If I ever work at global or a-channel... I'd be using Beyond as my one stop source for news...

DC2
01-13-2006, 12:46 AM
i dont know why the news didnt say what school. its just a matter of time when every finds out...

i was watching the news at 11 and apperantly the guys has nexopia and all his weapons and "hitlist" was on there..

anyone that uses nex stumble across something like this?

EG_Civic
01-13-2006, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by GQBalla
WOW i was just about to post about this but

to everyone that wishes to know what school it was.

it was bowness.

good guess guys.

but i went to bowness and its not a bad school at all.

today i went to pick up my girlfriend and the police had arrested someone and blah blah blah same story.

i just droppped her off at school and i saw many reporters wandering the streets.

haha that was my first guess

AllGoNoShow
01-13-2006, 01:06 AM
Arrested on the 12th?

Churchill....

Aparantly there was about 7 ghost cars around the school, luckly I was pinned in by 2 cop cars in the NE and missed all the action with my own but yah I heard it was quite the interesting day.

AllGoNoShow
01-13-2006, 01:07 AM
oh shit forgot to read the second page.

Interesting....

GQBalla
01-13-2006, 01:26 AM
lol

why does every one guess bowness??

KLCC
01-13-2006, 02:02 AM
Bowness is quite famous....considering the fact that The Prime Minister of Canada, Mr.Jean Cretien and former Russian HEAD, Gobarchev have visited Bowness instead of any other high schools.

:D

GQBalla
01-13-2006, 03:36 AM
REALLY!!!

i never knew that.

ahah

hrmmm
still

why does everyone suspect bowness?

juss cause famous people visit it?

i wonder if the famous people knew of the mold growing in the math wing,

Nissanaddict
01-13-2006, 12:49 PM
It is Bowness, it was in October. The kid is back in school. :whipped:

/////AMG
01-13-2006, 01:11 PM
Name?

FiveFreshFish
01-13-2006, 01:15 PM
The news story on TV showed blurred video of James Fowler. Maybe that's just file footage. :dunno:

AcuraTl
01-14-2006, 04:58 PM
Name?

off topic, but AMG sexy benz *drool* diesal?

GQBalla
01-14-2006, 05:04 PM
yeah i saw the news also looked like fowler but i think it was juss file footage.

dunno why they did that.

yes i heard the guy was back in school.
cept the news is probably juss exagerating everything.
because it couldn't have been that bad if hes back in the same school

/////AMG
01-15-2006, 03:13 AM
Originally posted by AcuraTl
off topic, but AMG sexy benz *drool* diesal?
No, 2 ltr petrol. :)

iceburns288
01-15-2006, 12:03 PM
I wonder how the kids who bullied him feel now:eek: