PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Bombers Sent to 'deter' North Korea

Zephyr
03-04-2003, 10:48 PM
http://www.msnbc.com/news/850567.asp?vts=030420032035

that's it! i'm moving. canada here i come! :banghead:

bol
03-04-2003, 10:51 PM
Why? North Korea admits that they violated UN treatys regarding the development of nuclear weapons. They admit they have.

seems like good enough reason for me.

Zephyr
03-04-2003, 10:53 PM
its over that spy plane issue.... bush says he might use force later.... i dont want a freaking missle being shoved up my ass at home...

D'z Nutz
03-04-2003, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by Zephyr

We don't want you! You're drawing attention towards us!!

Phats
03-05-2003, 12:06 AM
hahaha, yeah, damn americans running to Canada for safety, haha, jj

Ajay
03-05-2003, 12:07 AM
Over the spy plane?! I like how the US is making a big stink that North Korean fighters came close to it's spy plane.

If I was in North Korea's position I'de be shadowing a suspicious plane close to or over my airspace. North Korea is still a soverign country as much as the US is.

Zephyr
03-05-2003, 12:08 AM
i'll just squint my eyes and make them even smaller so i look korean hahaha

EstoMax
03-05-2003, 12:22 AM
i hope this shit doesnt blow up i dont feel like getting nuked right now i need my Jetta and a job and mod my jetta with TT rims and golf front end and watercool my computer this summer.. these things come before getting nuked. period.

max

ninjak84
03-05-2003, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by Ajay
Over the spy plane?! I like how the US is making a big stink that North Korean fighters came close to it's spy plane.

No way dude, you have to know what's going on before you can say something like that.
North Korea has come just short of declaring war on the USA, the spy plane is legitimate. I think people are underestimating the situation over there. North Korea isn't some little country full of idiots, they've been planning this for a while. Stations are already in full working order to begin mass production of nuclear missiles in Korea, and I think the USA needs to divert their attention off Iraq for 2 seconds and take care of this. The threat is much larger from Korea.

Ajay
03-05-2003, 12:39 AM
I very aware of the situation in North Korea...we talk about it almost every Poli Sci class.

But I can understand North Korea's standpoint...they're just trying to protect themselves and their interests as much as the US is trying to protect their own.

By no means does the world need another nuclear threat especially from a country like North Korea that has hate towards pretty much every single western country but it comes down to self-determination. Everyone is gonna do what's best for themselves.

kenny
03-05-2003, 12:46 AM
Maybe I should have paid attention in school but doesn't the US have nuclear weapons as well? I mean they are a pretty big threat to the world as well, but it seems the attention is focused on dismantling nuclear weapons in countries such as N. Korea. Haha I should watch CNN more, I'm behind the times haha.

I wonder if the US would tail a Korean spy plane if one were to buzz around the US :)

Ajay
03-05-2003, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by kenny
Maybe I should have paid attention in school but doesn't the US have nuclear weapons as well? I mean they are a pretty big threat to the world as well, but it seems the attention is focused on dismantling nuclear weapons in countries such as N. Korea. Haha I should watch CNN more, I'm behind the times haha.

I wonder if the US would tail a Korean spy plane if one were to buzz around the US :)

That's my point....if North Korea had a spy plane ANYWHERE within the vicinity of the US there would be a HUGE shit storm created by the Americans. I wouldn't doubt it if they'de shoot it down in a second cause it was North Korean or just for the simple fact someone was spying on them so blatantly!

It's also interesting that the US is the only nation to ever detonate a nuclear weapon but they're all scared when other countries develop even just technology to develop nuclear weapons.

Ben
03-05-2003, 01:27 AM
Americans have never been known to have hostile Military take overs of its own country and civil wars and all that fun stuff we see over in Asia and Middle East. The US is calm in respect to how some of those nations react. We dont see on the news everyday about some suicide bomber blowing up a subway in the states, but it happens all the time overseas. Yes the US has a Huge stock pile of weapons, but I cant see them using them any time soon, whereas there are many nations over in Asia and the Middle east and Europe whom I'm not so sure about...some of those rebel forces are pretty scary.

max_boost
03-05-2003, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by Ben
Americans have never been known to have hostile Military take overs of its own country and civil wars and all that fun stuff we see over in Asia and Middle East. The US is calm in respect to how some of those nations react. We dont see on the news everyday about some suicide bomber blowing up a subway in the states, but it happens all the time overseas. Yes the US has a Huge stock pile of weapons, but I cant see them using them any time soon, whereas there are many nations over in Asia and the Middle east and Europe whom I'm not so sure about...some of those rebel forces are pretty scary.

How did all this stuff start in the first place? Because of the Americans foreign policies.....tell them to stay the fcuk out of people's business! If the world does not agree with American politics and try to change it, how the hell you think Americans are going to react? They probably nuke them and just erase the countries from the map

ninjak84
03-05-2003, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by ninjak84
That foreign policy was a bag of shit way before Bush took over. He's just making it worse.

Ben
03-05-2003, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by max_boost

How did all this stuff start in the first place? Because of the Americans foreign policies.....tell them to stay the fcuk out of people's business! If the world does not agree with American politics and try to change it, how the hell you think Americans are going to react? They probably nuke them and just erase the countries from the map

I would rather people got along, than continued to fight for the next 2 thousand years and possibly do something more drastic and kill everyone. at least they are making an effort.

Ajay
03-05-2003, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by Ben

I would rather people got along, than continued to fight for the next 2 thousand years and possibly do something more drastic and kill everyone. at least they are making an effort.

As sad as it is not EVERYONE is gonna get along in this world with differing ideas and beliefs there is no way that's gonna happen. And I wouldn't say the US is trying to do anything about this, they're trying to make sure their own ass is covered. If North Korea develops nuclear weapons who are they gonna target first? You got it....the United States of America. Do you honestly think the US is in it for the greater good of the world?! That's just a scapegoat for them....they want to ensure their own security like it's always been.

I agree with max_boost completely....American foreign policy is what get's them into a lot of mess. There's some issues that don't concern the US whatsoever but they feel they need to stick their noses into everyone's business just because they represent the democratic ideal and because they are the worlds economic and military power. If the US kept out of a lot of nations business I'm sure there would be less anti-American sentiment throughout the world which would represent your idea of everyone getting along.

This North Korea mess is definetly a concern for other nations but do you hear other permanent members of the Security Council making as huge of a stink as the US? Definetly not as much of a stink but definetly a concern for them just not as big as the US.

Weapon_R
03-05-2003, 02:26 AM
With the development and admission of Nuclear weapons, and the 'deterence' that followed with B-1 and B-52 bombers....

And here it begins...

Speed_RaSiR
03-05-2003, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Zephyr
http://www.msnbc.com/news/850567.asp?vts=030420032035

OH CANADA!!! I love it here.

Geoge Bush is going to ruin the world! A cowboy for president OMG!

America is a victim of its own ignorance. The US has caused all its own problems its dealing with now. There would be no Hussein\Bin Laden\Pyong Yang problems if it wasnt for US Occupation\Agression and Ignorance in the past. The US has a way of always doing what is good for their best interest with no respect for others. The world is sick of it. That is why there is terrorism. This war will only create more terrorists...

And I would not worry about being nuked my North Korea. No one is that stupid, the US is the largest Nuclear power in the world. If anyone was stupid enough to Nuke the US they would be obliterated. You only have to worry about being nuked by terrorists :thumbsup:

Come on up my friend, just don't be an asshole when you get here :rofl:

kaput
03-05-2003, 05:55 PM

Atombomb
03-05-2003, 07:36 PM
Hey I just have to say that.

This is really not about oil if you think about it. The United States in the name of the United Nations places sanctions on the oil. Think about this for a second. Let the oil flow like crazy, and I guarantee oil will be cheap as hell. Its not really about oil. Maybe you guys can help me clear something up that I'm confused about, Saddam kills his own people... has gassed the shit out of them, oppresses the kurds like crazy, and people are defending him. I agree that war is not the ultimate answer I mean, the war is going to cost billions upon billions of dollars, and people say they're doing it for money? The only intrests as far as oil goes in this region is that the United States may be intrested in stabalizing the market prices. But this has a pretty damaging affect over all on the economy, someone tell me if I'm wrong.

If you were going to have anyone as a unilateral world power, I thank God it's the United States, for the most part they don't try to take over the world. Of course they are worried about they're own intrests thats why they try and root out people like Saddam, who if he had the same power as the United States I'm sure would try to take over the world. I must agree that the United States should be more concerned with whats happenin in Korea than Iraq, because Korea will openly launch a war, if the United States does not take preventative meausres or make a premptive strike, then N.Korea will attack first, why else would they continue building they're army even today. It gets bigger and bigger and bigger, the bigger it gets the more dangerous it is to its neighbours, and there neighbours, etc.

Ben
03-05-2003, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by Atombomb
Hey I just have to say that.

This is really not about oil if you think about it. The United States in the name of the United Nations places sanctions on the oil. Think about this for a second. Let the oil flow like crazy, and I guarantee oil will be cheap as hell. Its not really about oil. Maybe you guys can help me clear something up that I'm confused about, Saddam kills his own people... has gassed the shit out of them, oppresses the kurds like crazy, and people are defending him. I agree that war is not the ultimate answer I mean, the war is going to cost billions upon billions of dollars, and people say they're doing it for money? The only intrests as far as oil goes in this region is that the United States may be intrested in stabalizing the market prices. But this has a pretty damaging affect over all on the economy, someone tell me if I'm wrong.

If you were going to have anyone as a unilateral world power, I thank God it's the United States, for the most part they don't try to take over the world. Of course they are worried about they're own intrests thats why they try and root out people like Saddam, who if he had the same power as the United States I'm sure would try to take over the world. I must agree that the United States should be more concerned with whats happenin in Korea than Iraq, because Korea will openly launch a war, if the United States does not take preventative meausres or make a premptive strike, then N.Korea will attack first, why else would they continue building they're army even today. It gets bigger and bigger and bigger, the bigger it gets the more dangerous it is to its neighbours, and there neighbours, etc.

Thankyou, I agree with the basis of your avove dialogue, not many people do, but I like to be realistic.

dogstar
03-05-2003, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by Speed_RaSiR

America is a victim of its own ignorance. The US has caused all its own problems its dealing with now. There would be no Hussein\Bin Laden\Pyong Yang problems if it wasnt for US Occupation\Agression and Ignorance in the past. The US has a way of always doing what is good for their best interest with no respect for others. The world is sick of it. That is why there is terrorism. This war will only create more terrorists...

And I would not worry about being nuked my North Korea. No one is that stupid, the US is the largest Nuclear power in the world. If anyone was stupid enough to Nuke the US they would be obliterated. You only have to worry about being nuked by terrorists :thumbsup:

cmon guy... you and i both know, you cant say shit like that.

if the united states hadnt made the mistake, someone else would have, great britain, or france, or israel, or russia... someone would have said, 'hey, lets put this guy in power, he seems way better than the shit head dictator they have now'
i think its pretty crappy of you to lay everything on the united states feet, the us president isnt satan, hes simply a MAN, just like every other man out there, and men (yes women TOO :tongue: ) make mistakes.

personally, i think north korea is going to realize, the united states can turn them into a crater without even using nukes, and theyre going to make efforts to diffuse this situation.
i hope very much that george bush will be wise enough to recognize these efforts and assist them.

Weapon_R
03-05-2003, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by dogstar
personally, i think north korea is going to realize, the united states can turn them into a crater without even using nukes, and theyre going to make efforts to diffuse this situation.
i hope very much that george bush will be wise enough to recognize these efforts and assist them.

The cost of turning North Korea into a crater is going to cost a HELL of a lot more than you think to the Americans. If the US decides to attack North Korea (which it won't, has no balls to), it is expected to lose about 50000-60000 casualties. Besides that, China is expected to assist the Koreans with any invasion. The situation would get ugly, fast.

Should the US decide that a nuclear strike is necessary, and launches one, all hell will break loose. Again, China and North Korea both have nuclear weapons, and Korea WILL unleash them if forced to do so. The cost to the Americans AFTER the war would be incredible and an immediate threat to American security would follow as nations everywhere will accelerate their nuclear weapons programs in light of this threat.

You give the US army too much credit. The ground forces are not as well trained as you may think, nor do they have the sense of nationalism the Koreans do. Sure, their airforce is amazing, but there is only so much you can do from the sky. The real dirty work has to be done from the ground.

Ben
03-06-2003, 12:23 AM
Send Canadian Snipers!

Best on the planet!

Atombomb
03-06-2003, 12:26 AM
I'd like to point out that to the best of my knowledge, the United States never targets civilian targets. However, its "enemies" particularily Saddam are notorious for using his own citizens as weapons, gassing them and infecting them in order to disrupt US mobilizations, this is fact. The US army, though smaller in numbers then N. Korea is a speacialized military force. In particular the marines have many task forces, they are well equiped and well trained. Kim's regime since the Korean war has been building and training his war machine, and one day. Because its getting bigger will eventually have to justify its cause. Wether N. Korea plans to use Nukes or not, if it comes to them making a decision its already to late. Do you agree? The N. Koreans would not be able to use a Nuke on American soil. So the real threat is to their neighbours or a ground-stationed Coalition Camp. China does not support N. Korea because they threaten Chinas security as well. Conventional war is the only form of force appropriate when Bombers do not finnish. Success wouldn't really be determined on either side if the N. Koreans have a nuke to threaten with, lets not let it escalte to a situation where this may occur. - Same applies to Iraq

Like homeboy said before me, 50,000 US casualties could be expected. But success is what you coin it to be. Whats each soldier worth to either nation?

dogstar
03-06-2003, 03:44 PM
it would definitely be brutal, but i think the american airforce could do enough damage to north korea to give them something to think about, especially with new weapons like the 26000 pound fuel-air bomb theyre going to be testing in iraq.
apparently it packs the raw destructive power of a low yield nuke into a package that can be dropped out of a c130 cargo plane.

like i said, i hope it doesnt turn into a full fledged war, but the future will tell

Talies R
09-12-2003, 10:59 PM
Interesting fact:

List of countries the USA has bombed since the end of World War II :

China 1945-46
Korea 1950-53
China 1950-53
Guatemala 1954
Indonesia 1958
Cuba 1959-60
Guatemala 1960
Belgian Congo 1964
Guatemala 1964
Dominican Republic 1965-66
Peru 1965
Laos 1964-73
Vietnam 1961-73
Cambodia 1969-70
Guatemala 1967-69
Lebanon 1982-84
Grenada 1983-84
Libya 1986
El Salvador 1981-92
Nicaragua 1981-90
Libya 1986
Iran 1987-88
Libya 1989
Panama 1989-90
Iraq 1991-2002
Kuwait 1991
Somalia 1992-94
Croatia 1994 (of Serbs at Krajina)
Bosnia 1995
Iran 1998 (airliner)
Sudan 1998
Afghanistan 1998
Yugoslavia 1999
Afghanistan 2001-02

Redlyne_mr2
09-12-2003, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Speed_RaSiR

:werd: Something big and bad is going to happen to the states, its only a matter of time

3G
09-13-2003, 09:44 AM
I totally agree with max_Boost..

i mean where do you think all these people get their weapons from?? .............. thats right USA

George Bush is a disgrace to humans..i hope some "terrorists" take him hostage and torture him to the maximum extent :@ fucking yahoudi

BigMass
09-13-2003, 09:51 AM
its not that easy and the US is not stupid either. There is no way the US is going to attack just like that. North Korea is supplied with weapons from China. China will back North Korea in a war. The US definitely does not want to go to war with China unless Bush has Armageddon on his agenda. It is very delicate and i expect it to remain that way for a long time to come.

Afghanistan and Iraq or meaningless compared to the shit storm he could potentially start with North Korea.

kaput
09-13-2003, 10:27 AM

boi-alien
09-13-2003, 10:42 AM
i agree with what max_boost says too. the americans keep butting their noses in where they don't belong soon they're going to be burned. there's not telling what kind of lunatics are out there. right now the US is just like a big bully pushing everyone around, it just takes that one lunatic to snap for shit to go down. the problem is the americans haven't really fought any wars on their home grounds, they've never had the shit bombed out of them, so they don't realize what it's like. whereas most of the countries across the pond have had this happen to them. i think that the dissolution of the sovient union is one big cause right now because there's no longer a balance in power. basically the US can do whatever it wants and nobody can stop them. i just don't think that it's too healthy for the world, it leads back to my original point, the US will keep butting into other countries' internal affairs and one day they'll piss off the wrong guy and that's it. and i've been saying this since the first day of the iraqi invasion, it can easily be ANY other country in the world, the US just needs an excuse.

yankeefan
09-13-2003, 10:45 AM
its a lose...lose situation. you dont get involved right away (ala world warII) or you jump right into stuff at the beginning. people are gunna trash you either way. so knowing that fact. you do what you have to and what you think is right, regardless of the opinions of people who dont know the whole situation.

max_boost
09-13-2003, 11:41 AM
Hmmm.....I wonder if the Americans have built robot armies like Star Wars or Terminator? :rofl: Wouldn't that be crazy! LOL

Anyway, if war happens, we are all dead. Nuclear weapons are a zillion times more powerful than they were back in Hiroshima.

kaput
09-13-2003, 12:13 PM

accordboi_02
09-13-2003, 03:33 PM
I really don't understand how you can bash the US... Bush... that's another story... but let's look at it honestly - for the most part, whenever there is a "crisis" of some sort, EVERYONE (the UN) turns to the US and says: "well, what are you going to do about this?"

The US is screwed either way: if they do nothing (ala Rwanda) they get bashed for letting people die and whatnot. If they intervene, they get bashed for "sticking their noses where they don't belong."

I say as soon as they get rid of that idiot Bush, give them a bit of a break.