PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: webdesigner

sentra
01-12-2006, 01:15 PM
My girlfriend is an interior designer, and she is looking for someone to create a logo as well as a user-friendly site for her. Not too expensive and completed a.s.a.p. Let me know if anyone is interested.

Alex

EnRich
01-12-2006, 02:01 PM
www.crystalgraphix.ca

My company, I can do a professional logo, and website for her NP, 2 weeks work... let me know what you think of my website, I can come over to your place for an orientation.

sentra
01-12-2006, 02:36 PM
replied

EnRich
01-12-2006, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by sentra
replied

I got no reply... or PM... Just phone me, or use the website to get in contact with me, the sooner, you can talk to me, and we can meet up to discuss your wants and needs, the sooner I can get this order through... 777-0808, ask my receptionist for me, or give me a shout over the e-mail

sentra
01-12-2006, 03:46 PM
Your contact information has been passed along to her. She will call you asap.

Mar
01-12-2006, 03:58 PM
I did this (http://www.humbervalleyadventures.com) .

soupey
01-12-2006, 04:00 PM
and i did this (http://www.ucalgary.ca/~ypatel/buda.swf) for an english project.

Goblin
01-12-2006, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by EnRich
www.crystalgraphix.ca

My company, I can do a professional logo, and website for her NP, 2 weeks work... let me know what you think of my website, I can come over to your place for an orientation.

Wow! You downloaded a template, and changed a small graphic in the corner! Wow!

EnRich
01-12-2006, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Goblin

lol!!! whoa settle down, I know you get a little excited after your afternoon cola, but it's really time for you to settle...

Vypros
01-12-2006, 09:57 PM
I've done
These.

Logos
www.idtuners.com/work/logos
Sites
www.idtuners.com/evod <--My portfolio under development.
http://www.idtuners.com/work/randy/index.html.html <--100% css coded

And heres a few layouts I've done, and or currently am working on.

http://www.idtuners.com/work/1.jpg
http://www.idtuners.com/work/2.jpg

This site currently in development phases.
http://www.idtuners.com/work/fbp1.jpg
http://www.idtuners.com/work/fbp2.jpg

Vypros
01-12-2006, 10:00 PM

I got no reply... or PM... Just phone me, or use the website to get in contact with me, the sooner, you can talk to me, and we can meet up to discuss your wants and needs, the sooner I can get this order through... 777-0808, ask my receptionist for me, or give me a shout over the e-mail Sounds like you're using your dayjob communications to provide your 'design job' with some work?? Can't ya'll get fired for that?

Vypros
01-12-2006, 10:01 PM
My girlfriend is an interior designer, and she is looking for someone to create a logo as well as a user-friendly site for her. Not too expensive and completed a.s.a.p. Let me know if anyone is interested.

Alex I've PM'd you.

Please get in contact with me, if she would like to receive a one of a kind logo and webstie. Not a modified template!

Mar
01-13-2006, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by Goblin

haha I have this template!

likwid
01-13-2006, 11:44 PM
Give a web designer with skill like Vypros a chance at expanding their portfolio, rather than someone like EnRich who simply alters popular web templates. If I had the free time, I would take you up on this project, but Vypros would do a great job for you.

Drew
01-14-2006, 02:48 AM
Might I make one small suggestion. Whatever web designer you choose to go with, be sure to get a signed agreement of somesort. We have been victem of different web-designers literally screwing us at the last possible second and leaving us with no choice but to start web development all over.

Vypros
01-14-2006, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by Drew
Might I make one small suggestion. Whatever web designer you choose to go with, be sure to get a signed agreement of somesort. We have been victem of different web-designers literally screwing us at the last possible second and leaving us with no choice but to start web development all over. That's rather unfortunate. Being a designer, I get the shaft often too.

I made a vw shopping cart for vw and ger man auto parts website for a client. He paid me $600 for the weeks worth of work. After he paid, i sent him the site and files. An hour later he did a chargeback on paypal and screwed me. This happened twice today. One for a 600 dollar website and one for a 300 dollar branding package.

I try to provide all clients with a contract, not for them, but for my own safety. In the past year, I've not done up many contracts and lost over 2500usd worth of work + time because of my stupidness.

I just like to say, not all designers are bad. You do find a diamond in the rough, and yes, it is sometimes alot of trial and error until you find a suitable person to work for you.

Give me a shout if you need anything, of course :) Heh.

Vypros
01-14-2006, 02:56 AM
Originally posted by Mar

haha I have this template! So do I. I downloaded 1500 webmonster templates so I could see how they did all the flash in them, off of torrentspy. Lol

Vypros
01-14-2006, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by likwid
Give a web designer with skill like Vypros a chance at expanding their portfolio, rather than someone like EnRich who simply alters popular web templates. If I had the free time, I would take you up on this project, but Vypros would do a great job for you. Thanks for the kind words! I appreciate it!

Vypros
01-14-2006, 02:58 AM
Might I make one small suggestion. Whatever web designer you choose to go with, be sure to get a signed agreement of somesort. We have been victem of different web-designers literally screwing us at the last possible second and leaving us with no choice but to start web development all over. Is your site under development? I see a big jpg image when i visit your WWW link in your profile.

Not trying to snatch a sale or nothing, but let me know if you need something done. I know a couple of very skilled programmers who would be easily able to build you a site for your classified ads!

digi
01-15-2006, 10:24 PM
Might I make one small suggestion. Whatever web designer you choose to go with, be sure to get a signed agreement of somesort. We have been victem of different web-designers literally screwing us at the last possible second and leaving us with no choice but to start web development all over.

ahh bro, your starting over again??

I told ya to give me a shout, I'm willing to help :D

Sentra- good luck finding a designer. I know theres alot of talent around calgary. try pm'ing Chim, i know he's pretty good at what he does. www.mindplot.com is his site.

EnRich
01-16-2006, 09:34 AM
lol, just because I used a a modified templete doesn't mean thats all we can do. I dont actually do the web designs myself, I contract the work to full service agencies who specialize in every aspect of the site design... once again, if you friggin noobs dont know wtf your talking about please stfu... I can do a full personalized logo aswell, complete custom, and I will send your 3 variations of it. We also specialize in CMS websites.

Rich

Nice work on the other websites btw...

wildkarrde
01-16-2006, 12:06 PM
www.roseandcrown.ca
www.wildwoodgrill.ca
www.creativeri.com
www.bonterra.ca
www.otishuck.com

Some of the work we've done, let me know if you would be interested.

Chim
01-17-2006, 02:13 PM
So.... why doesn't he just go to these "full service agencies" by himself? I don't see how you add value to these kinds of projects, especially with regards to how unprofessionally you respond to legitimate criticisms.

lol, just because I used a a modified templete doesn't mean thats all we can do. I dont actually do the web designs myself, I contract the work to full service agencies who specialize in every aspect of the site design... once again, if you friggin noobs dont know wtf your talking about please stfu... I can do a full personalized logo aswell, complete custom, and I will send your 3 variations of it. We also specialize in CMS websites.

Rich

Nice work on the other websites btw...

EnRich
01-17-2006, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Chim
So.... why doesn't he just go to these &quot;full service agencies&quot; by himself? I don't see how you add value to these kinds of projects, especially with regards to how unprofessionally you respond to legitimate criticisms.

Wow you really are stupid eh... I assume your one of those 17 year old guys in the "how old are you thread." When you get outta university like I did, and you can learn to think straight before asking stupid questions, I'll tell ya. Next time, before you ask a stupid ass question, think about if he has connections to such resources? Whos going to put the work together? Whos designing the custom logo? grow some balls kid

digi
01-17-2006, 09:29 PM

Wow you really are stupid eh... I assume your one of those 17 year old guys in the &quot;how old are you thread.&quot; When you get outta university like I did, and you can learn to think straight before asking stupid questions, I'll tell ya. Next time, before you ask a stupid ass question, think about if he has connections to such resources? Whos going to put the work together? Whos designing the custom logo? grow some balls kid

haha actually EnRich, both Chim and I are students at u of c.

As a professional designer, it is quite offensive to have some of our designs ripped off, and stated that the work is your own.

Rather than commenting on your own immaturity, I believe you have humiliated yourself enough already by your prevoius statements.

Designing a logo and "putting it together" is less than a quarter of the job. Good luck getting this gig.

Vypros
01-17-2006, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by digi

haha actually EnRich, both Chim and I are students at u of c.

As a professional designer, it is quite offensive to have some of our designs ripped off, and stated that the work is your own.

Rather than commenting on your own immaturity, I believe you have humiliated yourself enough already by your prevoius statements.

Designing a logo and &quot;putting it together&quot; is less than a quarter of the job. Good luck getting this gig. :werd: I've been helping a fellow beyond member with his site. I'm a week into development, and I'm still in planning stages and drawing sketches for site navigation and logo. All of it is on paper as well.

lint
01-18-2006, 12:10 AM

Wow you really are stupid eh... I assume your one of those 17 year old guys in the &quot;how old are you thread.&quot; When you get outta university like I did, and you can learn to think straight before asking stupid questions, I'll tell ya. Next time, before you ask a stupid ass question, think about if he has connections to such resources? Whos going to put the work together? Whos designing the custom logo? grow some balls kid

Being the smart, straight thinking university graduate that you are, I'm sure that you've realized that your posts in this topic have done nothing to endear you to potential customers. If anything, you've made yourself and your company look bad, compared to the professionalism of a couple of lowly university students.

Goblin
01-18-2006, 03:55 AM
And i found the template first! hah! i win.

Yeah vypros, make sure that you get the money into your account first, then give him your work :D

I am a pretty good designer, but I dont have time really, or the want to do anymore.

EnRich
01-18-2006, 09:25 AM
Lol you guys must think I'm hurting for jobs or something. Meanwhile I'm currently working a 8:00 - 9:00 day shift... Yesterday, I got two contracts... How bout the rest of you guys? You making good money? Btw I have 3 differant companies so. Quite honestly though, I really dont care what ya guys think, but if it makes you feel better you can bash me all you want, it makes me laugh in the morning, wakin me up :clap:

Rich

~Leah~
01-18-2006, 11:22 AM
:drama: Wow, this is worse than teenage high school drama ...

"My toy is bigger than yours! I'm better than you!" Shut up please

FlySi
01-18-2006, 12:02 PM
Lol you guys must think I'm hurting for jobs or something.

arent u the same hurtbag who ripped a guy off for a 100 dollar sub?

arent u the same hurtbag who used to work for world financial group, a pyramid scam organization that rips people off?

arent you the same hurtbag who sells garage heaters?

sounds like you are hurting for money. colorful "career" you have there. i'll take the university students over anything you have to offer, thanks.

sputnik
01-18-2006, 12:23 PM
^

he also was the one selling "hook ups" for golds gym

khtm
01-18-2006, 01:08 PM
EnRich, you really, really, really, really, really suck at life.

That is all.

likwid
01-18-2006, 11:47 PM
Lol you guys must think I'm hurting for jobs or something. Meanwhile I'm currently working a 8:00 - 9:00 day shift... Yesterday, I got two contracts... How bout the rest of you guys? You making good money? Btw I have 3 differant companies so. Quite honestly though, I really dont care what ya guys think, but if it makes you feel better you can bash me all you want, it makes me laugh in the morning, wakin me up :clap:

Rich

Do you give those clients slightly modified templates too?

wildkarrde
01-19-2006, 11:42 AM
Hahaha, this turned into gold pretty quick.

Keep it comin enrich.

wildkarrde
01-19-2006, 11:45 AM
Have any of you guys actually read his site?

Our logos come with a satisfaction guarantee! If your logo doesn?t inspire you, our artists will happily re-design your logo free of charge. Do not use templates, or clipart when image is everything. Let our creative team design a unique, 100% original piece of artwork for you today!

I found it funny. Oh, and your university educaction seems to have neglected to let you know that you spelt dynamic wrong somehow.

EnRich
01-19-2006, 01:38 PM
its useless arguing with you guys on here... just cause the website is an altered template doesn't mean thats all we do.. most of the websites I had built were origional. all the logos are origional... fuck its really pissing me off how you fucking guys think you know everything about anything. If you wanna cheap out on shit, we'll alter a template... Whats the fucking problem... It makes me money... jeez some of you are serious losers.

and I was hooking ppl up with golds, so fucking what, they got to save 199 bucks... and I got a lifetime membership. you have a fucking problem saving 199 bucks to an awesome gym... if you dont care about money, give it to me, I'll come pick it up tonight.

Wfg was a scam. but I'll try anything once... everyone I recruited, got a phone call from me to get the fuck out, and I stopped all transactions.. It ended up costing me huge, not anyone else. That was fine, I was willing at accept that.

Calcana Heaters... Wtf is your problem with em. Their awesome heaters, ppl on this site vouched for em several times. do you even know what they do, what they are? If you dont stfu, if you have problems come see me in person, and I'll show you what their all about. Show you the entire factory.. The new systems are even better then the older ones, and I've sold them to two beyond members already. SO STFU already, if you got a prob with me personally, let me know.

lint
01-19-2006, 01:43 PM
just cause the website is an altered template doesn't mean thats all we do.. most of the websites I had built were origional. all the logos are origional...

Interesting that you're selling a service that your own company doesn't use for itself.

"Our product is great, it's the best, nothing out there is better. It is EXACTLY what YOU need, but WE won't touch it with a 10" pole."

hahahahaha

EnRich
01-19-2006, 01:48 PM
sigh... look, I dont give a fuck, what you guys think. I really don't. if you dont like the site, dont like the work that company does, great, move on. I'm sure theres lots of qualified ppl on here that could do alot better. this works for me so...

Chim
01-19-2006, 01:50 PM
So what you're saying is, you're so good at what you do that you have a lot of clients and contracts begging at your door to work for them. However, being the highly important person you are, you don't have time to build your own site to display your work, so you had to use a template?

And of course, the portfolio section on your site is blank because your clients are so high profile that even mentioning their name can put you up against a lawsuit. So instead you cleverly mask your client's identities with an "under construction" page, wow that is so clever!

It all makes so much sense now, I'm so sorry to have wasted your valuable time to read this post.

sentra
01-19-2006, 01:58 PM
Sorry to get in the middle of this discussion. My girlfriend is still looking for a webdesigner to create an ORIGINAL site and logo. Her budget is $1500, so please send me your contact info and I will pass that along. Must be creative. TEMPLATEs SUCK.

Vypros
01-24-2006, 03:03 PM
I have yet to receive an email from your Girlfriend, Sentra.

I have more work I can update you with if you're interested!

Ven
01-24-2006, 04:05 PM
I cannot insist enough for you to contact Henry Chim @ mindplot.com He has been working on our site and we're extremely impressed with the results. Not only is he quite knowledgeable, but the artistic quality of his work is excellent, and they understand branding and theme. Mindplot's turn around time on design changes and updates is incredibly fast too. 10/10

Sorry to get in the middle of this discussion. My girlfriend is still looking for a webdesigner to create an ORIGINAL site and logo. Her budget is $1500, so please send me your contact info and I will pass that along. Must be creative. TEMPLATEs SUCK.