PDA

View Full Version : Mitsubishi Steelies

djayz
01-12-2006, 06:42 PM
So i just talked to a friend of mine and he has a lancer which he bought last year. It came with dunlop summer tires and a set of 4 steelies.
After driving on them today he slid into a curb and bent it so he needs a replacement rim. He went to caltire and bfgoodrich and they told him that the replacement rim could only be purchased from mitsubishi.

He also called mitsubishi and they said the same. Now i told him its just a steel wheel like my honda rim is exactly the same maybe the weight might be different a little but you can change all 4 rims and you wouldnt have a problem with those ones from walmart or canadian tire for $39.

But everywhere he calls says the steel rim has to be purchased from mitsubishi no other rim will go on. Its a 14 or 15 inch rim and its 4x100 bolt pattern and they want $190 for each steel wheel!

is everyplace just bullshitting so mitsubishi can make money or is it true only a mitsubishi rim can be used?...and why?

NEed to know by tomorrow so he doesnt go out and spend like a grand on steel rims ...Thanks in advance guys

Supa Dexta
01-12-2006, 08:54 PM
I certainly wouldn't pay that much.. Hell if there is an issue with buying one locally for cheap and it turns out to be heavier or whatever (and causes the car to pull to one side? can't really see it), you could buy one for the other side, still cheaper than one would of cost...

:dunno:

djayz
01-12-2006, 09:13 PM
yah thats what i said....
you can buy 4 steelies for all the way around for the price of one of mitsubishis

ninspeed
01-12-2006, 09:27 PM
offset..... as far as i know, mitsubushi is the only one who makes the proper off set

arian_ma
01-13-2006, 07:48 PM
couldn't you just get spacers?
And it's not like it's going to rub or anything?
I doubt those steelies come with very thick tires...

Sharpie
01-13-2006, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by arian_ma
couldn't you just get spacers?
And it's not like it's going to rub or anything?
I doubt those steelies come with very thick tires...
After you buy spacers it will be close to the price for one from the dealer...

djayz
01-14-2006, 06:50 AM
well he went with a regular steelie...even tho it was 89 dollars somehow and he hasnt had any problems

romeo.el.cobra
06-23-2008, 03:51 PM
lol i have four steelies with tires on them anyone can come pick up all four WITH THE TIRES for 300 bucks