PDA

View Full Version : Compustar keeps resetting?

Gondi Stylez
01-14-2006, 01:53 AM
my compustar keeps "reseting" itself like 60 times a day. its freakin annoying! i will unlock the doors or use the car starter and it will start vibrating then every damn symbol on the screen goes on and it starts playing do your ears hang low or some shit.

ive tried the batteries but that wasnt it... any advise?!

SikAssR1
01-14-2006, 09:41 AM
I had the same problem, when it resets is there a code that appears where the time displays? Something like E-09? If that is the case your remote is faulty. I got a new remote and after that no problems.

Strugari
01-14-2006, 10:14 AM
Take the battery out, stretch the "springy end" battery connection, and reinsert the battery. I have had quite a few that I have had to do this to.
The battery is a little loose in the case, and the slightest jar or movement will reset the transmitter.:thumbsup:

Gondi Stylez
01-14-2006, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by SikAssR1
I had the same problem, when it resets is there a code that appears where the time displays? Something like E-09? If that is the case your remote is faulty. I got a new remote and after that no problems.

yea some code comes up, when it happens again ill check it

Originally posted by Strugari
Take the battery out, stretch the "springy end" battery connection, and reinsert the battery. I have had quite a few that I have had to do this to.
The battery is a little loose in the case, and the slightest jar or movement will reset the transmitter.:thumbsup:

ill try that also

thanks guys

EnRich
01-14-2006, 01:25 PM
nah its your power supply... i had the same problem on my bros comp, need to replace it...

Phat_Tercel_YO!
01-15-2006, 01:49 AM
Power supply? No dude.
It's faulty wiring, everytime you push that button, the module feeds back into the ignition wire, and it reads the cylinder for the key, which isn't there, so it resets the unit.

Z24_3.1.
01-15-2006, 02:07 AM
^ what he said do u have warrenty:?

stevieo
01-15-2006, 02:35 AM
fuck same bullshit happens on my compustar, i lost my reciept so i dunno what to do anymore.. FUCK it drives me crazy

its all quiet then..
*bzzzzzzzzzzzzz, bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz* *starts playing b-i-n-g-o* and resets my clock and everything. damnit!!

Phat_Tercel_YO!
01-15-2006, 04:01 PM
Sarcasm doesn't carry well at all on the internet.

Strugari had it right the first time.
All you need to do is pull the battery out, and you'll see two springs at either end, one will be sprung, the other will be flat. unflatten the unsprung one and all your problems will be solved.