PDA

View Full Version : car stolen from 7-Eleven

dezmarez
01-14-2006, 02:58 AM
I was just at 7-11 picking up a slurpee
and the lady said some guy just had his car stolen like two minutes before
i saw a blue civic with no lights on driving crazy as i was driving towards sev....
he was running in to grab a pack of smokes
just a reminder to lock your doors and shut your cars off and stuff
messed up people out there will take your car

ryder_23
01-14-2006, 03:12 AM
Jesus, i always leave my car running when i run in to grab something quick...however i lock my doors with my other set of keys.. guess i gonna hafta think twice, even though i lock my doors...and ya, probably not smartest thing, but my battery cant handle another start :rofl:

HTN SWCHS
01-14-2006, 03:15 AM
im lucky in winter, i got door poppers but i got a switch to dissconnect at night, and when im at a buddies house for a long time then the switch freezes up so you gotta get hot water and soak it with that, if they break a window they still cant get inside without climbing in and cutting themselves up, by then you got a shitload of guys running outside with knives and bats and what not

good thing i dont leave my car running at the store or nothing

/////AMG
01-14-2006, 04:18 AM
Boo!! That reminds me when I was a kid I left my bike unlocked (doh!) at sev to pick up a slurpee or something, I came back out and it was gone! :(

But this is way more serious!

Sorath
01-14-2006, 05:47 AM
turbotimer for teh win <3

DC2
01-14-2006, 06:21 AM
whats a turbotimer for?

i usually take my remote and leave the keys inside, lock and alarm it

djayz
01-14-2006, 06:41 AM
doesnt a turbo timer turn your car off after youve left it and locked it a few minutes later?

always nice to have a seperate remote and a set of keys in the car...specially with an engine immobilizer...no starting without unlocking with the remote :)

Lex350
01-14-2006, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by dezmarez
I was just at 7-11 picking up a slurpee
and the lady said some guy just had his car stolen like two minutes before
i saw a blue civic with no lights on driving crazy as i was driving towards sev....
he was running in to grab a pack of smokes
just a reminder to lock your doors and shut your cars off and stuff
messed up people out there will take your car

...and not leave the car running. I'll never understand that one. Its not like it has been really cold either but what difference will leaving the car run for 2 minutes make?

FiveFreshFish
01-14-2006, 11:56 AM
If you HAVE to leave it running, carry a second key and lock it up.

HTN SWCHS
01-14-2006, 12:42 PM
my uncles van actually got stolen this morning at 9am, he left it running :(

turbo'dGSR
01-14-2006, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by djayz
doesnt a turbo timer turn your car off after youve left it and locked it a few minutes later?

always nice to have a seperate remote and a set of keys in the car...specially with an engine immobilizer...no starting without unlocking with the remote :)

You can set your turbo timer to whatever you want, mine has a max of 9min59sec. And no it doesnt lock your car, it just relates to the ignition, an alarm with a turbo timer, however, will.

DelSoln
01-14-2006, 02:00 PM
Why take the chance? Your car is not gonna freeze over if you run in somewhere for 5 minutes.

Hakkola
01-14-2006, 02:50 PM
That sucks to hear. I don't think insurance covers you if you leave the keys in the car.

Mar
01-14-2006, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by HTN SWCHS
im lucky in winter, i got door poppers but i got a switch to dissconnect at night, and when im at a buddies house for a long time then the switch freezes up so you gotta get hot water and soak it with that, if they break a window they still cant get inside without climbing in and cutting themselves up, by then you got a shitload of guys running outside with knives and bats and what not

good thing i dont leave my car running at the store or nothing

They can't just reach inside and pull the handle?

Mar
01-14-2006, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by DC2
whats a turbotimer for?

i usually take my remote and leave the keys inside, lock and alarm it

A turbotimer leaves your car running for a few minutes after you remove the key and walk away from it so the turbos have a chance to cool down.

And if someone steals your car with the keys inside, your insurance company is going to give you the finger.

HTN SWCHS
01-15-2006, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by Mar

They can't just reach inside and pull the handle?

no handles

DC2
01-15-2006, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by Mar

A turbotimer leaves your car running for a few minutes after you remove the key and walk away from it so the turbos have a chance to cool down.

And if someone steals your car with the keys inside, your insurance company is going to give you the finger.

how do you set that?

do i need to go to an install place to do it?

ninspeed
01-15-2006, 03:26 PM
insurance covers stupidy.... oem warantys do not!

insurance will cover you if you leave your keys in your car, as long as you have comp. coverage

Mar
01-15-2006, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by HTN SWCHS

no handles

So how do you get out of your car?

Mar
01-15-2006, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by DC2

how do you set that?

do i need to go to an install place to do it?

Check your Compustar manual for the buttons to push, but somehow you can turn on the turbo timer right on the remote.

Mar
01-15-2006, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by ninspeed
insurance covers stupidy.... oem warantys do not!

insurance will cover you if you leave your keys in your car, as long as you have comp. coverage

I'm pretty sure if you left your keys in the car and someone stole it, the insurance company would have a problem giving you money for that. Who would burn their car? They could just give their keys to a bum and walk away.

ninspeed
01-15-2006, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Mar

I'm pretty sure if you left your keys in the car and someone stole it, the insurance company would have a problem giving you money for that. Who would burn their car? They could just give their keys to a bum and walk away.

Trust me, i do about 4 theft recoverys a year where people leave the keys in the car, and its gets stolen... insurance pays... if they find out you gave the keys to a "bum" then thats call fraud, and then you get raped...

HTN SWCHS
01-15-2006, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Mar

So how do you get out of your car?

buttons

Goblin
01-15-2006, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
If you HAVE to leave it running, carry a second key and lock it up.

yeah but in our cars you cannot lock it remotely with a key in the ignition...