PDA

View Full Version : 4th Gen Prelude JDM Headlights Adjustment?!

IncredibleToad
01-14-2006, 11:19 AM
I just got a set of JDM black housing headlights and i got my bulbs in and what not yadda yadda yadda

i went to adjust them and they just wont look right, i can get the up/down adjusted correctly but the lights are somewhat dim and illuminates with a weird light pattern

they shine like this:

Drivers Side Passenger Side
\ \
\ \
\_ _ _ _ _ \_ _ _ _ _ _ _

okay so i cant exactly show that correctly on here but it looks like each light shines out a checkmark....

Does anyone here know how to fix this?! im thinkin there might be something up with the reflector in the headlight assembly but i really dont know, i just know there are 2 adjusting dials PER lightbulb (so 4 in total per side of the car)

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

SorrGwa
01-14-2006, 11:48 AM
There are 2 adjusting knobs per reflector, so each side has the H1 and the H4, so you have 2 on each one of these. all i can reconmend is using a power screw driver, and an extension rod and adjust to ur hearts content until its right.

the beam patter of \\______ \\_______ is actually correct. Its JDM right, meant to be driving on the other side of the road and driver on the other side of the car, so thus the \\ is meant to show more of the road. its kinda like how ur headlights are suppose to be actually aimed slightly to the right anyways so u dont blind oncoming traffic. the only way to eliminate this is to build urself a bit of a glare shield inside the lens itself.

as for the somewhat dimmer, thats just how the jdm reflector mirror inside the lens is. compared to the USDM headlights, it is dimmer. If you noticed though, if u have the original H4 wiring plug, the wire connects it to the high beam filament of the H4, so to utilize the most and to get the most out of the headlights, hook up ur wires to the high beam filament on the H4's.

thats the price u pay for getting the look and 1 piece of the jdm headlights.

Originally posted by IncredibleToad
I just got a set of JDM black housing headlights and i got my bulbs in and what not yadda yadda yadda

i went to adjust them and they just wont look right, i can get the up/down adjusted correctly but the lights are somewhat dim and illuminates with a weird light pattern

they shine like this:

Drivers Side Passenger Side
\ \
\ \
\_ _ _ _ _ \_ _ _ _ _ _ _

okay so i cant exactly show that correctly on here but it looks like each light shines out a checkmark....

Does anyone here know how to fix this?! im thinkin there might be something up with the reflector in the headlight assembly but i really dont know, i just know there are 2 adjusting dials PER lightbulb (so 4 in total per side of the car)

Any help is appreciated, thanks!