PDA

View Full Version : Fastest Route to the states

Bill Cosby
01-14-2006, 01:43 PM
hey guys

just wondering.. ive never been outside of canada, and was kinda having an erge to go to the states just for the sake of it

gay idea.. most likely

costly idea.. most likely

but i dont care, i thought i might as well go and see what the fuss is about

just wondering what the closest city from calgary is, i know seattle isnt too far but its an 11hour drive, i was thinking somehwere in washington, but im not picky, maybe go for a day or two for some sight seeing, shopping, maybe wine and dine with the misses,.. i dunno

any suggestions?

let me know thanks

JAYMEZ
01-14-2006, 01:47 PM
You should just drive down to Cali or some where , its really damn easy to do ... Montana down to Idaho then cut across the top part of Nevada and your in Cali... Took me and Ryder only 19 hours.

Bill Cosby
01-14-2006, 02:19 PM
mmm 19 hours, not something i would want to do for a romantic get away,

haha ide love to go there though but for now, i was just thinking somewhere close, not far from the border

Weapon_R
01-14-2006, 02:22 PM
Vegas is a 17 hour drive. If you are going to go the U.S, don't limit yourself to some boring destination,

Chicago is also surprisingly close to Calgary, and so is California. If you take a friend, and you guys take 5 hr intervals driving, you'll get there in no time.

retro-steve
01-14-2006, 02:23 PM
whitefish...6 hour drive but really only good in the summer.

Bill Cosby
01-14-2006, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
Vegas is a 17 hour drive. If you are going to go the U.S, don't limit yourself to some boring destination,

Chicago is also surprisingly close to Calgary, and so is California. If you take a friend, and you guys take 5 hr intervals driving, you'll get there in no time.

vegas when 19 is like boy with unused penis

Weapon_R
01-14-2006, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Bill Cosby

vegas when 19 is like boy with unused penis

no one cares man. My friend just came back he was 20 and wasn't ID'd a single time. If you are going to spend the better part of a day driving, you might as well drive somewhere worthwhile.

snowboard
01-14-2006, 02:34 PM
spokane is close haha :barf:

hampstor
01-14-2006, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

no one cares man. My friend just came back he was 20 and wasn't ID'd a single time. If you are going to spend the better part of a day driving, you might as well drive somewhere worthwhile.

The only time someone asked me for ID was when I was playing the slots at the airport right before we boarded to come back home :rofl:

gggunit
01-18-2006, 12:37 PM
I heard great falls is close..dont know much more about it..

go to vegas 16 hours.. give the misses some sleeping pills and step on it.

mixerup
01-18-2006, 12:54 PM
Great falls in Close but nothing there.

I lived worked there for 4years trust me dont bother.....its about the size of red dear...well maybe a bit smaller now.

But ya its like 6 hr drive only. Go shouth on Macloud Tr and you'll find your way easy drive used to come back for meetings every month. LONG BORING 6hr drive.

kaput
01-18-2006, 01:10 PM

FiveFreshFish
01-18-2006, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by retro-steve
whitefish...6 hour drive but really only good in the summer.
Good in the winter if you ski or board.
http://www.big-mountain.com/

ronaldo
01-18-2006, 03:18 PM
washington is gonna be a little bit far:nut:

Shaolin
01-18-2006, 10:42 PM
Just got back from Big Mountain 2 weekends ago.. Whitefish is good if you're into skiing.. but there's really not much else to do at night.. hit the local pubs/clubs and that's about it.. still had a great time though.

turbo'dGSR
01-18-2006, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by ronaldo
washington is gonna be a little bit far:nut:

He's talking about Washington state.

Fez_turbo
01-18-2006, 11:25 PM
hey didnt read all the other posts but if you go to www.mapsquest.com and type in the address from where your coming from to where your going it will give you exact directions, exact kilometers and approximate time to get there.

its very nifty even for just residential use..i use it all the time and its kewl....goodluck:thumbsup:

BlackArcher101
01-19-2006, 09:19 PM
Draw a line straight south.... that's the fastest route.

nonlinear
01-21-2006, 12:14 PM
great falls. the only thing worth going there for is Target and Taco Johns.

eb0i
01-21-2006, 12:25 PM
Seattle.

Head to Vancouver then go to Seattle.

Bill Cosby
01-21-2006, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Fez_turbo
hey didnt read all the other posts but if you go to www.mapsquest.com and type in the address from where your coming from to where your going it will give you exact directions, exact kilometers and approximate time to get there.

its very nifty even for just residential use..i use it all the time and its kewl....goodluck:thumbsup:

lol i used google maps, but thats not really a solution because i am looking for the closest city that would be fun, i dont know the cities in the states therefore asking opinions on where to go

nonlinear
01-21-2006, 03:20 PM
well i would say seattle is the closest 'fun' city

unless you want to go to missoula and eat granola and smoke dank nuggs and play hippy for holiday

but really it's a fun but small town