PDA

View Full Version : BJ Penn "The Prodigy" vs George St. Pierre "Rush"

89coupe
01-16-2006, 02:38 PM
This is going to be the best fight in UFC's history IMO. What are your thoughts on the outcome?

This fight is almost impossible to call but I'm rooting for Pierre. BJ Penn is amazing but he's a little too cocky for my taste.

ecstasy_civic
01-16-2006, 03:18 PM
I dont think id call it the best fight in history, BJ is the man! but id be curious to see how well he does against someone as rounded and freakishly strong as St. Pierre.

Either way gonna be a hell of a fight:D :clap:

FatboyTheHungry
01-16-2006, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by ecstasy_civic
...and freakishly strong as St. Pierre.

Either way gonna be a hell of a fight:D :clap:

:werd: St. Pierre is a freak of an athlete. Rooting for our Canadian Boy. Not to mention the fact that he is a former National team member :thumbsup:

sputnik
01-16-2006, 03:58 PM
St. Pierre is incredible. The first time I saw him was in UFC 50 and he was incredible. He lost in submission but he still performed incredibly.

awd
01-16-2006, 04:04 PM
My money is on St. Pierre -- Penn is a machine but after watching his loss to Ryoto Machida in K1 Hero's....

Should be a good battle but I think Georges will have the best of him.

BigMass
01-16-2006, 04:14 PM
Penn is like Frank Shamrock. Overhyped. He beat one good opponent on his worst day and decides he's the best and there is nobody left to fight. Huges didnt even show up to fight when Penn won. He needs to stop riding his whole reputation on that one fight. At least, unlike Scamrock, he's willing to continue fighting and take on good opponents.

ecstasy_civic
01-16-2006, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by BigMass
Penn is like Frank Shamrock. Overhyped. He beat one good opponent on his worst day and decides he's the best and there is nobody left to fight. Huges didnt even show up to fight when Penn won. He needs to stop riding his whole reputation on that one fight. At least, unlike Scamrock, he's willing to continue fighting and take on good opponents.

:werd:

BJ is good, no doubt about it, he could sub 98% of the WW division anytime anyday, but when your going against someone like St. Pierre or Hughes, again, its gonna be a fucking war.

I dont think theres anyone else in the UFC who will give him more of a run for his pride then those two.

cman
01-16-2006, 08:05 PM
GSP! GSP! GSP!

pinoyhero
01-16-2006, 08:55 PM
My vote is for GSP, I think he can take hughes personally