PDA

View Full Version : volvo c30 dont tell me im alone

darkus
01-17-2006, 12:13 AM
Ok so like, volvos are... shit.

not only are they shit, they ugly and expensive.

but then theres like this c30 concept that frekin blew me out the water, the thing looks awesome, its gonna be cheap ppl are saying on other sites and man its gonna have that t5 engine in it which is getting some good hype.

so for the first time in my life i actually can say, "i want a volvo".

Im not alone right ?

darkus
01-17-2006, 12:17 AM
oh and here are some pics / videos jacked from http://www.c30world.com if you don't know what car i'm talking about.

http://www.c30world.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=28&stc=1&d=1137382457

http://www.c30world.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29&stc=1&d=1137382467

http://www.c30world.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=32&stc=1&d=1137382480

and this is a pretty slick video of the car, good advertising agency they got lol

http://www.c30world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3

so I know you've seen the car now.. what do you think? for a 25k car with an engine that can take out most 40k cars, and I think its the best looking new car for a while (especially compared to the new 3 series and new IS, bleh to both of those).

dont tell me im a tool and im getting old or something, this car is hot

redline_13000
01-17-2006, 12:20 AM
Lol how are volvos shit? They last so long that they get passed down from generation to generation rather than being sold:rofl:. So on the subject of volvos being shit, Im pretty sure you're alone. Those cars go forever.

Z24_3.1.
01-17-2006, 12:25 AM
lol ^ werd :werd: hahaha

darkus
01-17-2006, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by redline_13000
Lol how are volvos shit? They last so long that they get passed down from generation to generation rather than being sold:rofl:. So on the subject of volvos being shit, Im pretty sure you're alone. Those cars go forever.

yea well, i dont think they are shit, i meant like, that was the image I had of them before. Like some cars you just dont know about and dont care about, like volvos, when u dont know about them, u just think they are shit.. well i'm learning now... man, i still cant get over that i like a volvo lol.

hash
01-17-2006, 12:31 AM
Anybody got some accurate numbers on pricing?

Impreza
01-17-2006, 12:34 AM
Possible release dates?!?!?

darkus
01-17-2006, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by Impreza
Possible release dates?!?!?

the guy in that forum says it will be in september 2006

Xtrema
01-17-2006, 01:16 AM
Not feeling it. S40 almost got me until I look at the price with the options I want.

I would guess that the same would hold for this C30. Unless the fully loaded T5 comes in around $30K cdn.

ZorroAMG
01-17-2006, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by darkus

yea well, i dont think they are shit, i meant like, that was the image I had of them before. Like some cars you just dont know about and dont care about, like volvos, when u dont know about them, u just think they are shit.. well i'm learning now... man, i still cant get over that i like a volvo lol.

What are you, Six? That sentence reads like a.......EDIT: nevermind, just read that you are from USA.

darkus
01-17-2006, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG

What are you, Six? That sentence reads like a.......EDIT: nevermind, just read that you are from USA.

Lol so what if im from USA what does that have to do with the car or anything else. Yea so u hate me cause of 3 letters in my profile, thats great. BTW I go to UPenn right now, before you want to say anything about my education or IQ level. Never judge a book by its cover right ?

djayz
01-17-2006, 09:56 AM
looks very nice...and id buy a volvo if i had the cash right now...not this one but ive seen a few that are really giving me the urge

Shoebox//Racer
01-17-2006, 09:59 AM
Ok so like, volvos are... shit.

not only are they shit, they ugly and expensive.

but then theres like this c30 concept that frekin blew me out the water, the thing looks awesome, its gonna be cheap ppl are saying on other sites and man its gonna have that t5 engine in it which is getting some good hype.

so for the first time in my life i actually can say, "i want a volvo".

Im not alone right ?

ZorroAMG
01-17-2006, 12:45 PM

Lol so what if im from USA what does that have to do with the car or anything else. Yea so u hate me cause of 3 letters in my profile, thats great. BTW I go to UPenn right now, before you want to say anything about my education or IQ level. Never judge a book by its cover right ?

I don't hate you cause you are american, it just makes sense as to why you type the way you do. I am not judging a book by its cover, I am judging it based in its internet diarrhea........UPenn? Am I to be impressed?

Sorry...but you asked for it...:D

jwocky
01-19-2006, 09:45 AM
I liked the design of this car to do some more research. I had no clue that they'd be using the T5 engine (from Focus SVT) in this car. Supposedly that engine can be easily chipped to 300+ hp's :dunno: If that's really true maybe Volvo finally has a car that enthusiasts will be interested in. It's a pretty stylish little hatchback so if it has the #'s to back up its looks, this will probably sell and help change Volvo's image (for the better :) )

statick
01-19-2006, 10:54 AM
I'm really feelin' this new C30, but I love most Volvos.:angel:

Mr. Burns
01-19-2006, 10:58 AM
I'd hit it if it sells for around the 35k mark.

jwocky
01-19-2006, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Burns
I'd hit it if it sells for around the 35k mark.

It should sell for less than that (even the fully decked out T5 turbo version). Start saving your pennies :D

CKY
01-20-2006, 12:45 AM
I don't think Volvo's were ever that bad, the styling are conservative but then thats how they made their name.

Back on topic the c30 looks like an amazingly beautiful car, but has anyone thought about the trunk? Those signature Volvo lines that drag all the way back to the rear and take a gigantic chunk out of the trunk.

jwocky
01-20-2006, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by CKY

Back on topic the c30 looks like an amazingly beautiful car, but has anyone thought about the trunk? Those signature Volvo lines that drag all the way back to the rear and take a gigantic chunk out of the trunk.

What's exciting about the concept car is that it's supposed to be 95% accurate of what the production will be like. So essentially we're seeing the production vehicle in these pics. :thumbsup:

jwocky
02-01-2006, 10:56 AM
Double post, please delete this one. Thanks.

jwocky
02-01-2006, 10:56 AM
FYI, cool writeup about the C30 in this month's Car Magazine. They seem pretty excited about it.

Tha VZA
02-01-2006, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by redline_13000

Originally posted by statick
I'm really feelin' this new C30, but I love most Volvos.:angel:

Originally posted by CKY
I don't think Volvo's were ever that bad, the styling are conservative but then thats how they made their name.

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

the C30...all i have to say is they better make an AWD T5 version, with a five or six speed manual gearbox...ultimate rally car....i would so buy one for that purpose alone

i like it

and for the thread creator....volvo's arn't shit...i dislike honda civic's immensly...but they arn't shit...i just don't like them...volvo's arn't shit :whipped:

ciao

jwocky
07-19-2006, 10:25 AM
production photos of the Volvo C30 just released!

http://www.c30world.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5

:poosie: :poosie:

danlowteg
07-19-2006, 07:00 PM
Working here at volvo im gonna try to get one of them once they pop in.:thumbsup: As for the price i have the sheets right here but i dont want to lose my job so you guys and gals are gonna wait until its out :D

PS: Volvos Are The S$@% Not The S%@!

Mitsu3000gt
07-20-2006, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by jwocky
I liked the design of this car to do some more research. I had no clue that they'd be using the T5 engine (from Focus SVT) in this car. Supposedly that engine can be easily chipped to 300+ hp's :dunno: If that's really true maybe Volvo finally has a car that enthusiasts will be interested in. It's a pretty stylish little hatchback so if it has the #'s to back up its looks, this will probably sell and help change Volvo's image (for the better :) )

The focus SVT has a N/A 4cyl 170hp engine, not the T5. The T5 is a Inline 5cyl turbo.

Mark

BerserkerCatSplat
07-20-2006, 04:41 PM
Volvos are awesome, this one in particular! :drool:

habsfan
07-20-2006, 09:59 PM
wow, thats a pretty hot volvo :eek:

tentacles
07-20-2006, 11:01 PM
Meh, dunno about the C30, but the newer T5 AWD S40 is a lot more car for the money than the equivilant BMW 325xi. The interior alone is worth it. If they made it just a tad cheaper I would get one.

tentacles
07-20-2006, 11:16 PM
http://www.volvocanada.com/images/models/2006/S40/gallery/S40_2006_ext04_610x314.jpg

Way better looking than the 2006 beemers imo.

Tha VZA
07-21-2006, 06:53 PM
agreed^^^

C30 is aight...we'll have to test drive one i think

see if it can keep up to my 760...;)

ciao

jwocky
07-31-2006, 02:04 PM
The baby brick is looking nice in motion!

http://www.c30world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112 :hitit: :hitit: