PDA

View Full Version : Should I bring it to the dealership or other boydshops

maplelodge
01-17-2006, 09:02 AM
Last night when i went to work I scratched my car (badly). I scraped it on one of those big construction garbage bin >.< and now I have a huge scratch and its dented in. So now I wonder does warranty "bumper to bumper" conver things like this? If not should I just bring it back to the dealership or does anyone know of a good body shop in Calgary that can do it good at a low price? Thanks!

69cougar
01-17-2006, 09:18 AM
warranty does not cover driver error like striking an object. Depending on how bad it is a paintless dent repair place may be able to fix it. If your bumper is color matched and needs bodywork expect to pay $700 to 1500.

maplelodge
01-17-2006, 09:49 AM
actually i scraped the door and to the handle of the door >.<

djayz
01-17-2006, 09:57 AM
try coachworks...they will give you a quote and you can go from there

Azn_Rice_Man
03-02-2006, 02:14 AM
Where ever you go, DO NOT bring it to Distinctive Auto Repairs... The two "managers" there are complete asses and con artists that can't seem to repair ANYTHING right...

My story... I was driving my old car (not really old, but my "ex" if you will... recently traded in) a couple years ago and this chic ran a red. I t-boned into her and needed some major repairs (ran the bill up to quite a tally...). Anywhoz, I brought it into the shop, waited for insurance papers to kick in and parts to be ordered... They quoted me about a month of work should take care of everything... In the end, it took OVER 6 months. Even with this ridiculous delay, there were many stupid errors on my car... Just to name a few:

1/ Bulbs were missing from headlight (ie: signals, daytime driving)
2/ Horn module was completely misplaced.
3/ Emblems were not ordered.
4/ Minor dents on vehicle was not repaired (from accident of course).

Like I said, these were just a few of the many things that they did wrong with my car in the repair process...

CIVIC_MAN
03-02-2006, 04:16 PM
if you go to the dealership it will be highway robbery

lastprodigy
03-02-2006, 04:24 PM
Go to a good bodyshop is your best bet...

Weapon_R
03-02-2006, 04:25 PM
Paintless dent repair can't fix scratches.

gkAeris
03-02-2006, 04:26 PM
pm phuqu

he owns screaming paintworks i just got my car back and the job that they did was great!

i would recommend them to everybody, very friendly and good pricing!