PDA

View Full Version : Windshield chip repair?

nonlinear
01-17-2006, 11:55 AM
I got some chips in my windshield a few weeks ago and was asking on Beyond for a good place to bring my car to get them fixed.

Someone suggested Glass Solutions LTD. I called and was able to schedule an appointment for the next day. They even have a mobile service and were able to meet me at work (huge time saver for me).

The prices are lower than most of the big shops and they also offer a discount to beyond members (20 % yo). They also have a 'chip card' - which is similar to a starbucks coffee card - where if you get 3 chips repaired you get a fourth repaired for free.

I worked with Garth and Jody who iare owners of the company. They are both super friendly and extremely courteous - all around great guys. They did a great job fixing the chips and I would highly recommend their service to anyone.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Zero102
01-17-2006, 12:01 PM
Cool. I got a chip just 2 weeks ago. I PM'd them, but got super-busy and wasn't able to make an appointment. It's great to hear a good review of their service. I'll be calling them soon

I don't like the chip card though... I like to think I won't get 4 rock chips ;)

Lex350
01-17-2006, 12:25 PM
Good to know. I get rock chips in my windshield all the time. I've had 5 filled already.

ninjak84
01-17-2006, 12:48 PM
My windshield needs some love...

Do they do cracks as well?

nonlinear
01-17-2006, 12:50 PM
i think they do cracks.... you may wanna call and check tho (i have no idea how the chip repair process works but it seems cool)

enixt
04-16-2006, 03:03 PM
anyone know Glass solutions LTD phone number?? is he a member of beyond??

Hakkola
04-16-2006, 03:06 PM
How much does it cost to get a cm sized chip fixed? Any idea? I have no idea how much it costs to fix windshield chips, I've been lucky with mine.