PDA

View Full Version : ENGL 104 at U of A?

BloodBaneZXY
01-17-2006, 01:35 PM
I didn't take ENGL 111, the full year course like I should have. So I have the option of taking ENGL 104 this sem, readings in poetry. Anyone taken this course before (with Chisholm). How is it? My GPA this year is pretty critical, so I'm scared it might be really challenging considering there's only 30 students in my class.

Anyone?

DelSoln
01-17-2006, 07:47 PM
I can't see it being too difficult. I mean come on look at the restrictions. You won't even have to compete with those students that are in their specialty.

Restriction: not for degree credit to students enrolled in the B.A. program of the Faculty of Arts. Registration priority is given to students in programs not requiring 6 credits of junior English.

GTS Jeff
01-17-2006, 08:25 PM
^^^:werd:

That, and it's a 100 level course. First year classes are a joke if you actually apply yourself.

Gondi Stylez
01-18-2006, 01:39 AM
im in that class right now and it doesnt seem that bad... we are doing performance poetry this week and then chisholm comes back from next week on... there is 2 essays due in march (seem ok but don't know the criteria) and the final is take home... i read on rate my prof that she picks favorites and i HATE that but i need 3 more engl credits so here i am!

give it a go... it isnt THAT much reading and the minimal essay writting is a plus! :thumbsup:

let me know if u take it

BloodBaneZXY
01-18-2006, 11:35 AM
Yeah I was in class on tues, Cowan seems alright, but I wanna see how chisholm is. The poetry is pretty sweet so far though..

Gondi Stylez
01-18-2006, 06:47 PM
r u coming tomorrow? where do u sit? i sit on the right hand side second from the back...