PDA

View Full Version : Pure Math 30 Diploma Prep

al-ti2d
01-18-2006, 12:34 AM
Has anyone taken the math 30 diploma prep at the University with the renert center?? or am i the only one nerding out here..??:dunno:

Dooms_Bane
01-18-2006, 12:35 AM
i think my friend took it... or is taking it.. not ot sure i believe it was today? i don't recall... but i don't think she needs it she refuses to get taught from me even tho i've helped her achieve an 87% in class by tutoring her...
she thinks she's need a professionals help for the big tests??? :werd:

ryder_23
01-18-2006, 12:37 AM
I went to renert back in the day, my sister just took it.

I went in with a 60% average, and nailed a solid 92% on the final. Renert was great for me...learned alot, and i usually dont learn much in big class learnings..so maybe i just decided to do good, or my teachers tests were way harder then the final, hahaha

Paul1234
01-18-2006, 12:37 AM
i took it back when i was in highschool it helps if u pay close attention i got 89% on the diploma :burnout:

al-ti2d
01-18-2006, 12:38 AM
yea there was a class today and the last class of the course is tomorrow
this moses renert guy thats teaching is it a friggin genious haha...his notes have helped me out alot. he charged a friggin expensive registration fee of $295 though :thumbsdow

Paul1234
01-18-2006, 12:39 AM
wow 295 i payed 50$ lol

turbotrip
01-18-2006, 12:41 AM
moses is the don :bigpimp:
and i took renert prep for a few classes in high school, the classes will help u a lot if u actually pay attention, my marks where I took rennert were 10-20% higher than the classes that i didnt take rennert for.

al-ti2d
01-18-2006, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by Paul1234
wow 295 i payed 50$ lol

i think thats the abacus review program...not the renert centre

HoisinSauce
01-18-2006, 12:55 AM
get old diploma exams.. those saved my butt. went in with a 45% average and got a 94% on the test :bigpimp:

andres_mt
01-18-2006, 07:36 PM
the diploma finals are always a lot easier than you think they
are.. ..but the renert tutorials especially for pure math are an
excellent way to review if you find it difficult to review on your own.

Russo
01-22-2006, 07:39 PM
i took the one for 50 bux but i paid only 20 :D coz the guy is my teacher too :) so he cant change as money :D but he is the best teacher ever !
BTW how did u guy do?

dd4
01-22-2006, 11:24 PM
I'm one of the people who found Math 30P "effortlessly" when I took it a couple of years ago.

I found that old exams are a fairly good indicator of how you do on the final. I got 95 on the diploma only because I screwed up on a couple of numerical response questions. I usually expect better from myself on everything.

zerocalorie1
02-22-2006, 03:01 PM
I just use the Internet to study Pure Math 30. The lessons on www.puremath30.com saved my butt! They're really easy to follow and it's completely free. I missed several classes on logarithms and it helped me get caught up with my class.

rc2002
02-22-2006, 03:06 PM
You should just buy the Edge or the Key or whatever it's called these days. I went through it a couple times and pulled off a 99% on the Math 30 Diploma.

toots
05-27-2007, 09:44 PM
Here are some alternatives for Diploma Review Sessions ...

Alternatives:
- Appletree Tutoring
- Calgary Board of Education
- Specialized Academic Tutoring (SATutoring)

Most of these run around $200, but they range from just a handful in a class all the way up to more than 200. I think Specialized Academic Tutoring has the smallest classes - they cap at seven students!

I think if you are an 80% student trying to get 90%, just listening to a guy talk in the front of a big theater might be okay, but if you are a 50%-60% student that may need a pinch of hand-holding, you may want to look for smaller intimate classes.

The Specialized Academic Tutoring web-site is:
http://members.shaw.ca/SATutoring

toyboy88
05-28-2007, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by andres_mt
the diploma finals are always a lot easier than you think they
are.. ..but the renert tutorials especially for pure math are an
excellent way to review if you find it difficult to review on your own.

LOL not for all people in class i had 86%, diploma i got 68% for some reason :nut:

sneek
05-28-2007, 05:13 PM
Renert didn't help me at all. I think it actually messed me up. He teaches a different way to do trig, which sucks because it got me confused. I had 92 going into the diploma (Cantrill is god), and then I got 86 on the diploma. I guess it isn't that bad, but I don't think it helped at all. Just depends on how you learn. Renert is much like your regular class room instructor, accept you are with 370 more students then you are used to.

BTW: Careful on the written. That is where I got killed.

ashee
05-29-2007, 12:45 AM
I never took it but I wish I did, my 30 pure final was frigging hard.

CivicTunr
05-29-2007, 06:25 PM
i think Renert gaurentees you a 75% or higher?

i dunno i never took it, just listened in class. finished w/ a 93%.

civic_epidemic
05-29-2007, 08:37 PM
The Renert course is awesome. He gives you really good notes, to the person who got messed up on trig, just choose one way to do it and you'll be fine. It's just like binomial expansion, theres a couple methods. But if you are gonna register, Pm me

naheed187
05-29-2007, 09:50 PM
i took the renert course for social and it really helpped me out.. :clap:

toots
05-29-2007, 10:25 PM
R'nert has already started their diploma prep (they had two sessions at the same time on the weekend with about 500 students total). If you are still twiddling your thumbs, you have already missed that boat and may have to go elsewhere. They have a 'power weekend' as an option - similar hours to SATutoring (http://members.shaw.ca/SATutoring) but with a class of hundreds.

colt22
06-11-2007, 07:38 PM
Im in renert right now and had a field test and I found renert hasn't been helping to much. He goes through some things a little too fast and doesn't always pick to walkthrough the harder questions that you always seem to get on tests.

Schwa
06-15-2007, 10:23 AM
So what exactly do you guys look for in a diploma prep course?

BobTheFish99
01-04-2009, 05:32 PM
Renert was to long and expensive. Took Abacus for Bio last year in Grade 11. great teacher. Went up 16% on diploma from my 64 in class Heard the math and chem were excellent from my buddies so I'm gonna check them out in Jan to see.

Spoons
01-05-2009, 10:15 AM
Yeah man, Renert is fucking long and expensive.

Go here...
http://www.diplomaprep.ca/

I took it and my brother is taking it this year. Teachers are good, and it is really helpful. PLUS it is only $50 dollars a course.

All in all though I HIGHLY suggest some sort of prep course. Honestly it is 10 hours of review that you probably would never get on your own done. It's what saved my ass on the Chem 30 diploma, and I managed to snag a 95% of that thing.

BobTheFish99
05-27-2009, 09:09 PM
This thread is pretty old. Pretty sure a lot of these posts are from people who run the tutorials. What sort of weiner puts a link to the tutorial they went to anyway unless it is the owner.
I'm going to Abacus for the June 2009 Pmath. Ive heard the teacher is awesome from my buddy who took it in Jan. Bit more trustworthy that on-line advice from who knows who. Renert is too expensive and too long, besides, our math teacher says he isn't a real high school teacher, anyway. I'd rather haved the person with experience at the high school level. Makes sense and cents... lol

realazy
05-28-2009, 08:55 AM
Way to bump an old thread.

Why wouldn't people post a link in their review of that specific tutorial they took? Lets other people see what's offered without searching.

Anyway, to add to the discussion, I used "The Key" for their practice exams. I got 98% on my Math 30P diploma.

As usual, self directed material is cheaper but it requires more self control and motivation.