PDA

View Full Version : Got a problem with my car alarm.

DannyO
01-19-2006, 01:40 AM
Got abit of a problem, the other day I lost the remote to my cars alarm, well I have a spare that I've never used, so put a battery in it so I can turn off my alarm, yet it does nothing, the LED on it flashes, but still nothing, its an old Python alarm that came with the car when I bought it from a fellow Beyonder, so I was wondering, does anyone know if theres something I'm missing, like does the spare remote need to be programmed or something, I dunno if its just broken, but I need my alarm off, so any help in getting the alarm remote working will be great, if not, does anyone know how I can disarm it?

I already messaged the beyonder I got it off, just waiting for his reply, but that could be awhile, and I need it off ASAP.

Strugari
01-20-2006, 01:45 AM
There should be a switch (Push Button).

Turn the key on, then press and release the switch. This should shut off the alarm. Turn off the key.

Now turn the key on and then off.
Press and release the switch. The LED should turn on. The alarm is now in valet mode.

If you get me the model number, and stamped date on the module I can get you an install guide for the alarm.
You will need to program the remote.:thumbsup:

DannyO
01-21-2006, 12:16 AM
I found out that I have the Python 3000 ESP alarm, I'm not quite sure on your instructions, I don't think that method applies to my alarm, it has 4 basic buttons that are numbered.

Velox
01-21-2006, 12:44 AM
sounds like your second key fob is not programmed

DannyO
01-21-2006, 12:56 AM
I think your right, still waiting a responce from the guy who owned it before to see if I can find out if it ever worked or what not.

Strugari
01-21-2006, 10:47 AM
I have the install guides for the 3000 ESP alarm. PM me your email address and I will send out a manual to you.:thumbsup: