PDA

View Full Version : FS: 1990 Toyota Celica Alltrac **SOLD**

calgarygts
01-19-2006, 10:39 AM
Hi guys, I have some very mixed emotions about selling this car but you never know what life is going to throw your way and my priorities have recently changed. This was to be my dream car for the next quite a few years, so whoever gets this will be very happy! Now for the car:

This is one of the rarest and most sought after celica, the 200hp 200ft/lbs four wheel drive alltrac.

180,XXXkms
All options minus leather (power windows, locks, mirrors, seat bolsters, ac, tilt, cruise, tilt/slide sunroof, 10 speaker sound system, etc.)
Has a repaint (not sure when) that wasn't super high quality but I've managed to make it look pretty good (better than most cars on the road).
New parts (within last couple thousand kms):
all rotors, calipers and pads
tires (balanced and aligned yesterday)
rear knuckles
all wheel bearings
springs, struts, swaybars (springs and swaybars are whiteline, struts are toyota)
new pioneer mp3 player
CV joints in great condition (had any suspicious looking boots replaced yesterday)
Windshield is perfect, 'reflex' type wipers
Interior is in fantastic shape!

Other than the suspension pieces this car is completely stock! I have a mechanical inspection from a toyota mechanic that is included with the sale (just done a week ago). There are two things that need to be replaced on this car - the exhaust manifold gasket and the exhaust itself (from cat back). I have a brand new blitz exhaust lined up for basically half price if the buyer is interested. It's about 60 bucks for the manifold gasket. I had planned on installing a downpipe, midpipe and cat back exhaust (downpipe alone is worth approximately 25 flywheel hp!!!) so if the buyer would like I have those lined up as well. This is all that will need to be replaced for a long time as the car is in fantastic shape. The next owner will be happy!

I'm not sure what else I can write about it as I've only had it for a couple of weeks. I'm very unhappy about the sale as I've been looking for one for a long time, but again life changes priorities in a hurry sometimes!!

I'm asking for 8000$ for this car, which I believe is a very reasonable price for this car with the low kms. These cars are very hard to find!

Here's a couple of pics, I don't have time for interior/engine pics until this weekend. The car will come with the stock rims/new winter tires. If interested, we could make a deal for the summer rims/tires in the pics.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a185/calgarygts/polishedalltrac2.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a185/calgarygts/polishedalltrac1.jpg

the_fornicator
01-19-2006, 11:42 AM
I think I just shit myself. gorgeous condition. definately a rare car.

bump for a good seller.

calgarygts
01-19-2006, 11:50 AM
I'm shitting myself too. I might have to have a box of cleenex when this thing goes:(

Frosty66
01-19-2006, 01:41 PM
I am very interested. PMed

Pee_Sack
01-19-2006, 02:02 PM
Ohh man I think I remember the thread that you posted when you finally got this car.....which was yes about 2 or 3 weeks ago. I hope you find someone who will take care of this, and treat it like you would have.

calgarygts
01-19-2006, 02:04 PM
Me too. I'm extremely dissapointed that I can't keep it, but one day I'll find another when I have the means and the time to work with one.

Godfuader
01-19-2006, 02:15 PM
Noooo Joe! That just sucks. This car is a rare beauty in excellent condition. New owner will be very happy and fortunate with the purchase. I would snatch this in a second if i was staying in calgary. Hope everything works out!

Bump for a great guy :thumbsup:

khtm
01-19-2006, 02:19 PM
wow that looks CLEEEEAAAAN....good luck with the sale.

calgarygts
01-19-2006, 02:22 PM
I completely forgot - the foglights are burned out and I haven't changed them. I'll probably do that saturday (I'll polish those suckers up too).

ecstasy_civic
01-19-2006, 03:31 PM
holy hot car:eek:

expect a PM tonight:thumbsup:

calgarygts
01-19-2006, 03:34 PM
Better hurry - there are two very interested parties already so it's not going to be there for long!

moe007
01-19-2006, 03:52 PM
trades?

calgarygts
01-19-2006, 03:56 PM
probably not, but what do you have?

celicaguy
01-19-2006, 04:51 PM
oh man if i didnt already have my 5th gen this would be gone. bump for an awesome ride, buyer will not be dissapointed

toocrude_mr2
01-20-2006, 02:04 PM
how bad is the rust?

ricosuave
01-20-2006, 02:47 PM
damn, if i had the cash, yould be getting a call real quick.
bump for you.

toocrude, WHAT rust?

calgarygts
01-20-2006, 10:45 PM
There is a very small bubble starting to form on the front of the hood scoop piece. This would be easy enough to fix as it's a seperate little piece from the hood. As you can see the paint is in pretty good condition.
It snowed a ton tonight in calgary and this car is absolutely fantastic in the snow! No spinning out at the lights or up any hills, almost like there is no snow!!!

90s_tuner
01-20-2006, 11:42 PM
what a good deal. damn I want it but the last thing I need is another car :banghead:

celicaguy
01-21-2006, 02:41 AM
Originally posted by calgarygts
There is a very small bubble starting to form on the front of the hood scoop piece. This would be easy enough to fix as it's a seperate little piece from the hood.

The scoop insert is not metal.

Frosty66
01-21-2006, 01:49 PM
Calgary just let me know what happens with Graham and we'll figure somthing out.

calgarygts
01-22-2006, 12:12 AM
SOLD! Sorry Frosty, I know you really wanted it but Graham came out tonight and picked it up. Hope you have luck with your sale as well. Thanks for all the interest everyone (and holy crap there was a lot!).