PDA

View Full Version : Finally.. some snow

Foz
01-21-2006, 01:46 AM
about time.. not that I care for colder temperatures, but need some cold white snow for the snow tires and AWD fun.

:clap:

CRXguy
01-21-2006, 01:57 AM
there's barely any snow. :nut:

Foz
01-21-2006, 02:09 AM
There's snow up by my place... all residential streets are covered.

CRXguy
01-21-2006, 02:11 AM
You must be up north then. Nothing in the ghetto SE. :rofl:

pitwipe
01-21-2006, 03:36 PM
Got snow in the N.W. Last night. I conducted a 'safety test' on my handbrake. I'm pleased to report it's functioning correctly :D

handsomebassman
01-21-2006, 03:40 PM
last night it was icy as a mutha fecker down here in douglasdale. Tons of snow.

GQBalla
01-21-2006, 03:57 PM
ermm im up here in the nw
not to bad though

but once a little snow comes down everybody forgets how to drive.

last night i was behind a guy going 3o to merge onto stoney coming out of tuscany...

BOO URNS

That.Guy.S30
01-21-2006, 05:54 PM
^^ tuscany was pretty bad. i was around royal oak.. ahah barely made it home with the lancer, so took the subie instead.

Fez_turbo
01-21-2006, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by pitwipe
Got snow in the N.W. Last night. I conducted a 'safety test' on my handbrake. I'm pleased to report it's functioning correctly :D

in the s.w but did a few tests ont the e-brake myself......hahahaha
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

GC84ever
01-21-2006, 07:52 PM
not this time, but about a week ago or so when we had snow last I decide to check out a local parking lot. And observed how perfectly smoothness of the freshly snowed parking lot was. Needless to say, it wasn't perfectly smooth after a few donuts and drifts.

Next time I'm gonna let the trunk monkey hold on to the spoiler and let his have the time of his life, since he is such a good trunk monkey

retro-steve
01-21-2006, 07:58 PM
got pissed off last night because of the huge accident on glenmore...was stuck there for a good half hour. note to all calgary drivers: when the road has snow/ice on it, your car will NOT drive the same as when you're on dry road! :banghead:

240droptop
01-21-2006, 08:53 PM
Snows been fun just got back from a 4 hour Rally with my budys ooh yes doggy

WRXchic
01-22-2006, 03:05 AM
Why my AWD still slip? I don't get it!
I slip on a black ice and got off the road one morning, on the ramp getting on Deerfoot from Southland. The car finally stopped on the grass after a few 360 turns. I sit there for 30 sec, before trying to get back on the road..

Foz
01-22-2006, 03:17 AM
Originally posted by WRXchic
I slip on a black ice and got off the road one morning, on the ramp getting on Deerfoot from Southland. The car finally stopped on the grass after a few 360 turns. I sit there for 30 sec, before trying to get back on the road..

AWD gives you traction off the start. It doesn't help much on ice when cornering. Also, AWD doesn't help you stop any better than a FWD on ice. Ice is ice -- unless you got studs, you'll still experience drifting.

Worse thing to do when losing control (slippage) is to slam on the brakes (it's natural instinct to do so -- attempting to slow the car down) but you'll spin out. With AWD, to get yourself out of the the slippage is to give it more throttle but countersteer the car as well.

It's best to practise in a safe opened parking lot. Beware of stunting tickets though.

That.Guy.S30
01-22-2006, 05:34 PM

im going to take a huge guess but.. are you still using stock re92?

Foz
01-23-2006, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Thi_Thi Subs

im going to take a huge guess but.. are you still using stock re92?

stock re92's in winter is poo poo.:thumbsdow

Get yourself a set of winter tires and you'll feel the difference. Night and day.

Pee_Sack
01-23-2006, 02:24 PM
ive been running my stock re92's all winter so far. Mind you this has been a pretty tame winter, but there were some pretty rough times when we got a lot of snow. I have found that aslong as you arent driving like a complete tool the re92's are fine for driving in the winter.

That.Guy.S30
01-23-2006, 04:36 PM
^^ no they are fine for winter driving. where it gets scary is when your trying to stop with them.

i have re92a (neweer version) and they are fine for me. but im not goin to take the chance, be putting on some winters this week.

Pee_Sack
01-23-2006, 04:42 PM
I agree stopping is a little bit rough with them, but aslong as you dont follow to closely, and you anticipate every possible stop...both of which you should be doing anyways (specially in the winter).

I thought buying winter tyres would be a waste of money, because I planned on having a lot of fun this winter with my car, and spending $800+ on tyres im gonna ruin in 1 winter just wasn't in my budget.

Foz
01-31-2006, 01:45 AM
:clap: .. it won't last long though.

Nova316
01-31-2006, 01:52 AM
Wooo snow.. finally.. little late tho

djayz
01-31-2006, 07:44 AM
the snowfall today was horrible when it fell wet slushy snow what a mess

and i just washed the car after 2 weeks! and it snows!

AllGoNoShow
01-31-2006, 07:49 AM
Couldn't even make it up Country HIlls hill by Hamptons last night.

I think Winter rubber is in my investment future.

EG_Civic
01-31-2006, 08:20 AM
yup.. a lot of snow in the NE.. i can barely see the roads this morning..

JAYMEZ
01-31-2006, 11:33 AM
The snow is melting here in SW now.

Lo)2enz0
01-31-2006, 11:47 AM
oh you guys miss out last night. downtown at 1:00 was awsome. i went to some late night pick up and damn i wish i had one of your cars. so much fun.

RickDaTuner
01-31-2006, 05:33 PM
I'm choked that i just bought some winter tires spending the extra cash to get better winter traction, but as it turned out the 600 dollar hankook W300s' i bought last year far exceed the snow and Ice handling of my current kuhmo KW17s' boooo...
oh well i guess now i can learn to juke my car and drift it a la Faint styles :thumbsup:

Orbie
01-31-2006, 05:53 PM

Glad to see someone recovering from the dreaded AWD immortality complex. Now if only we could get the people with the related SUV immortality complex to do the same it would be a much safer world on the streets in winter.

On a more related note, it was good today to give another good test run on the winters. I have Toyo Garit's on a RWD car and they worked great, with responsible driving of course.