PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion on a lawyer to help with credit report issue

911sc
01-21-2006, 06:05 AM
A few months back I pulled my credit report only to discover that there was a claim against me from a company that I have never dealt with. The company was a home inspection company that conducted an inspection on my house back in 2002 as per my real estate agents request. I had worked out a deal with him that if we purchased the house he would take care of the inspection costs. Anyways the inspection was done, I never signed for it nor did I even authorize the company to do it, this was all done by the real estate agent.

Apparently he did not pay them and instead gave them my name. With just my name alone they were able to put a hit against my credit. When I contacted the real estate agent he advised me that he had tried to pay the company but never recieved the invoices that he requested.

Can anyone suggest a good lawyer who might deal in these types of situations so I can get this taken off my record.

sweetchariot
01-21-2006, 07:42 PM
Dont pay for a lawyer. If you have issues contact Equifax and submit a dispute www.equifax.ca If no luck then call 310-0000 and ask for consumer & corporate affairs. They will deal this for you.

Make sure you have any & all supporting docs.