PDA

View Full Version : When is too old for a Civic

Xtrema
01-21-2006, 09:34 PM
As an early 30 something, I don't know if I look silly or out of place in a Civic. Just interested in what you all think?

EDIT: Civic with 3 doors or less (hatch, coupe), I sorta understand the appeal of a 4 door civic for older people.

snowboard
01-21-2006, 09:38 PM
i think civics look somewhat youthful, but hey, its a car, and they can be nice so whatever right?

max_boost
01-22-2006, 12:30 AM
I'd say you will look out of place if your hair is white, face is wrinkled and driving the new Si. Otherwise it's all good :D

Anyway you seem like a pretty successful guy, why not just upgrade to a car more suited your age like the TSX (if you think the Civic is too young for you).

Weapon_R
01-22-2006, 12:32 AM
Your out of place if you are in your later 20s early 30s. I think they are pretty decent starter cars but they suck dick for everything else.

Police
01-22-2006, 12:38 AM
its never too old for a 4 door civic :)

JordanEG6
01-22-2006, 12:39 AM
never too old for a civic.

Iqoair
01-22-2006, 12:46 AM
Who cares what we think, buy what you want , or can afford. If you are worried about what everything else thinks, you have more problems to worry about.

stevieo
01-22-2006, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
Your out of place if you are in your later 20s early 30s. I think they are pretty decent starter cars but they suck dick for everything else.

i dunno man, not everyone is made of money.

i mean some people choose to stay with a civic (smaller family perhaps?)
fuel economy, resell value, reliability?

its nothing bad..

Weapon_R
01-22-2006, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by stevieo

i dunno man, not everyone is made of money.

i mean some people choose to stay with a civic (smaller family perhaps?)
fuel economy, resell value, reliability?

its nothing bad..

I'm not talking financial reasons - i just think that a 40 year old man looks out of place in an EG hatch

Pee_Sack
01-22-2006, 01:14 AM
^^ word if we are tlaking a hatch then an old person looks outta place, but a 4 door sedan looks fine for anyone.

WWJAI
01-22-2006, 01:21 AM
No matter what age you are, as long as your happy with how your getting from point a to point b, then its all good. Nothing wrong with cruising in a 4 door civic.

Xtrema
01-22-2006, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by Iqoair
Who cares what we think, buy what you want , or can afford. If you are worried about what everything else thinks, you have more problems to worry about.

I'm not in a market for the Civic (or another car in fact). But sitting in one in the showroom today with a carbon fiber hood almost make me want to whip out my checkbook.

And for the 1st time ever, I get a "how ridiculous do I look?" feeling. A 30 year old man siiting in a semi riced out Civic. I like the car but don't want to be seen in one kind of conflicted feeling. Hence this poll.

Yeah, I can understand 4 door are more appealing to all ages.

IncredibleToad
01-22-2006, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

to each his own opinion

i agree with the 4 door thing, generally suited for all ages

FatboyTheHungry
01-22-2006, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by JordanEG6
never too old for a civic.

:werd: 33 next month and I love my EK. After all, it is my toy car for winter and mod fun. If I want someone to take me seriously, I have my 330ci.

snatch
01-22-2006, 02:35 AM
:closed:

Zephyr
01-22-2006, 03:43 AM
Never too old for a Civic. It's probably society's generic car choice. Saves gas, easy to find parts for, easy to find mechanic for, cheap to repair, lasts long and affordable at all price ranges new or used. Plus sometimes people who drive those cars don't really care about what car they drive anyway.

/////AMG
01-22-2006, 05:24 AM
I don't think it really matters.

s3v3n
01-22-2006, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema

I'm not in a market for the Civic (or another car in fact). But sitting in one in the showroom today with a carbon fiber hood almost make me want to whip out my checkbook.

And for the 1st time ever, I get a "how ridiculous do I look?" feeling. A 30 year old man siiting in a semi riced out Civic. I like the car but don't want to be seen in one kind of conflicted feeling. Hence this poll.

Yeah, I can understand 4 door are more appealing to all ages.

would you look a little outta place? maybe a little.
personally i think its awesome when people still want to mod a car even when they are no longer in the teens/early 20s stage. i saw a "30-something" chick in a civic yesterday that had nice rims and a nice lip kit sorta deal going on and thought that was totally badass.
same thing goes for the older guys in mustangs and miatas you always see.

however, it is a little more common and a little less attention grabbing when you see a 'modded' 3 series or acura etc with a more "mature" driver.

either way, i think its great that people dont lose their passion for cars as they leave the "20-something" scene.

Supa Dexta
01-22-2006, 10:59 AM
Did no one say this yet? When the baby gets here! you don't want two doors for that.. Personally I haven't had two doors since I was 18 or so. My last few cars have been 4 and I wouldn't go back unless it was just my fun car, every day'er will be 4 doors from here on in, trucks included... If your gonna be old in a civic don't rice it out.. rims are ok maybe some tint, but from there it's all sleeper to puts kid in their place