PDA

View Full Version : I need some help regarding Alberta diplomas

al-ti2d
01-21-2006, 11:49 PM
A friend of mine is looking to get her high school diploma in Alberta, but her and myself are both unsure of the requirements for getting your diploma here. On the Alberta education website, it indicated that you need 10 credits in Fine Arts, CTS, Second Languages, Locally Authorized Courses, or Physical Education 20 and/or Physical Education 30. Now my question is, what are CTS and Locally Authorized Courses? Exactly what classes will qualify here?

I'm not really sure whether this fits under campus chat or not so if it doesn't please relocate this thread to the proper forum

retro-steve
01-21-2006, 11:57 PM
CTS = construction technology. anything from woodshop to electronics works. there's also some really dumb ones that qualify as CTS if i remember correctly.

capn_nobeard
01-22-2006, 12:01 AM
as i recall cts is career and technology studies... anything from a computer course to a woodshop

al-ti2d
01-22-2006, 12:05 AM
alright thanks

my friend wanted me to ask for her if accounting would count for the CTS and "locally authorized" courses since she has it as an option in her school.. but I'm guessing that the answer will be a no.

does anyone here know of any sort of number that i can give to her so that she can call to get more info?

retro-steve
01-22-2006, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by capn_nobeard
as i recall cts is career and technology studies... anything from a computer course to a woodshop

right, my bad.

i dunno a good bet would be to call a local school :dunno: