PDA

View Full Version : any last opinions

rsxrsx
03-06-2003, 08:23 PM
Okay, here it is I think I just got the cheapest quote for my tire package. Please tell me what your thoughts are before I finalize the deal.

Package: Motegi MR-7’s, Yokohama AVID H4, tuning lugs, mounting and balancing, tax.

Cost: 1518.59CND

Should I do it up or wait?:confused:

rsxrsx
03-06-2003, 08:24 PM
Oh yeah they are 17 inch

Audi Kid
03-06-2003, 08:29 PM
sounds ok to me man!

max_boost
03-06-2003, 08:35 PM
Man....that is quite the deal.....what the hell are you waiting for? LOL

jaylo
03-06-2003, 08:42 PM
good deal!

szw
03-06-2003, 08:46 PM
For that price I would go for a better rim than motegi mr7..those are actually quite cheap. (heavy, but very popular style)

szw
03-06-2003, 08:51 PM
http://www.vancouveraccords.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1608

Its in vacouver..they are used and 1 scrape, and about 60% but only $800

If you want to go new...the rota group deal importadrenalin was running had similar prices for lighter wheels.

Another example...for $1485 CDN there is a group deal for Velox VX-8 in Silver or Gun Metal with 215/45 17" Federal VR rated tires shipped with lugs, locks and keys (no duties, shipped from ontario)
http://www.veloxperformance.com/products/vx-8-s.jpg

Anyways just giving u more options! But if you really like hte MR7's then go for it!

ACS-e36
03-06-2003, 08:55 PM
nice! good deal!!!
show pic of it when they're on

Weapon_R
03-06-2003, 09:14 PM
You can find a better deal than that if you look hard enough. Don't rush anything.

rsxrsx
03-06-2003, 09:22 PM
Thanks for the replies so far, keep them coming.

Szw,

I realize the MR-7’s (17” – 24.5lbs) weigh a little bit more then some other wheels in this price range. However, I’ve been really keen on them for a while now, personally if I spend this much money on tires I would be happy with these ones. I was reading the thread about the rota group buy, but I wasn’t feeling them as much as the MR-7’s. Don’t get me wrong they are nice, light, and highly recommended. Just my personal opinion that’s all, please do not take any offense. Also this will probably be my last buy for a while, because I’m returning back to school this coming September. I don’t have many modifications done to my Teg, I know lighter wheels will provide me with better performance, but if I stick with the MR-7’s for daily driving, how much will they affect my performance? Thanks again for your input.

hjr
03-06-2003, 09:23 PM
If you like em then Giv'er.

rsxrsx
03-06-2003, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
You can find a better deal than that if you look hard enough. Don't rush anything.

suggestion’s please

szw
03-06-2003, 09:24 PM
Ok so you like the style, go for it!

hjr
03-06-2003, 09:24 PM
The weight would be slightly noticable, but only on the track in comparison of 1/4 times. Even then not tooooo much. But there is a difference.

B18C
03-06-2003, 11:41 PM
Do you have stock alloys? If so, I think you will notice the difference from the weight. Superesc has 16" Motegi MR-7's. You should ask him to make sure.

hjr
03-06-2003, 11:45 PM
Even then they are still alloys. Unless you running a majorly low HP car with steel rims, you prob. wont notice any difference in acceleration or top speed. Now handling is a different story, but thats cause of the tires not the rims. Seriously, the difference is negligable. It isnt worth worring about on a street car.

CRX crazy
03-07-2003, 01:18 AM
you will barly be able to notice the weight but if your picky you will. I have mr7's sure there not super light but they handle great and if your goin for the look they work ......... just don't tell me yours are gun metal cause thats what mine are :|

silvercivicsir
03-07-2003, 01:34 AM
i thought those tires Yoko Avid H4 are not so good ?

rsxrsx
03-07-2003, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by CRX crazy
you will barly be able to notice the weight but if your picky you will. I have mr7's sure there not super light but they handle great and if your goin for the look they work ......... just don't tell me yours are gun metal cause thats what mine are :|

Sorry dude I have a black Integra, so yes I am getting gunmetal...trust me i'm not trying to copy you...I've prolly never seen your car...:confused:

Altezza
03-07-2003, 11:17 AM
I'd highly suggest you go for other tires unless that's not a priority for you. The H4's aren't really suited for spirited driving. They're a little on the porky side for weight, squeel like crazy, and don't grip very well. On the other hand, they should last you quite a while.

CRX crazy
03-07-2003, 12:12 PM
it's ok guy, but i'm not a dude i'm a girl but it's all good just don't parik beside be if ya do see me :D

rsxrsx
03-07-2003, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by CRX crazy
it's ok guy, but i'm not a dude i'm a girl but it's all good just don't parik beside be if ya do see me :D

sorry, my bad, wrong assuption made on my part, again sorry

EacydeLude
03-07-2003, 01:51 PM
Hey, I bought a set of 16" motegis from 1010tires.com. they came to just over $1400. I had them equiped with some Kumho Ecsta Supra 712's, which I think are great tires. My previouse rims had the Avid H4's on them and I hated them. They had hardly any grip, soft sidewalls and basically made the car feel like crap! I had them replace immediately.

rsxrsx
03-07-2003, 07:33 PM
Silvercivicsir, Altezza, Teg4sale,

Thanks for the input and opinions about the tires that I should get. Granted, the Yoko Avid H4 are not the best tire on the market, but I’ve read quite a few reviews on them, all indicating the same thing the tires are good for wet and dry weather conditions, and decent for winter driving. (however, I will not be using them for winter) The Falkens and Kumho 712's, are highly recommended performance tires, definitely the preferred choice. But since the weather in Calgary is so unpredictable (it has been notorious to snow in May and June) I’d feel comfortable and safer riding on the Yoko’s, I’ve had Yoko’s before and I haven’t had that big of a problem with them. I know the chances of it snowing in summer months are slim, however, the time that it does I just don’t want to be stuck. I respect your opinions about the tires that I should consider buying, but I’m going to stick with the Avid H4’s.

Thanks. :thumbsup:

rsxrsx

rsxrsx
03-07-2003, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by ACS-e36
nice! good deal!!!
show pic of it when they're on

I sure will:thumbsup:

lude_boy93
03-07-2003, 08:08 PM
Hmmm...I have the exact setup you are after. As for the MR7's, they're dope, who cares about a few pounds, I'm really not a hardcore racer anyways. The Yoko Avid's are not bad. I noticed that they don't grip as well as some BFG Comps I had on my previous car. Maybe because the comps were 245 across whereas my Yokos are 215 across. Go for the package, you won't be disappointed. As for the price, that's a wicked deal, I paid around $1750 total for my setup.

rsxrsx
03-07-2003, 08:34 PM
lude_boy93,

Thanks for your positive input.:thumbsup: I am actually getting 205/40R17 even less than your 215’s. Maybe that’s why my package costs a little less then yours, Hey just out of curiosity where did you buy your wheels from?

lude_boy93
03-08-2003, 03:12 AM
No trouble at all. I shopped around and the cheapest place I could find the MR7's was Crappy Tire believe it or not. It took a couple days to come in but I did same some bling. I bought the grip and got everything installed @ Fastech here in Edmonton

jdmakkord
03-08-2003, 03:17 AM
avids suck ass!!!!! they dont grip in rain, they suck on dry pavement, and they dont do well in snow. Not quite sure why anyone would want em, other than the fact that they are cheap, and they are yokohamas. You get pick up way better tires for just as much imo.