PDA

View Full Version : Wearing toques at the gym

B17a
01-23-2006, 09:54 AM
WTF is with guys wearing toques while working out? I keep seeing more and more, usually teenagers. Makes no sense to me, its already warm in there, people wear things like shorts and tank tops to cool off. Since most of your heat is lost through your head, what the hell are you covering it in wool for?:dunno:

Boosted_TL
01-23-2006, 09:59 AM
Same reason guy's wear sweater's.....sweat = weight loss

heavyD
01-23-2006, 10:12 AM
It's a fashion thing. Just like when a pretty boy all of a sudden starts wearing designer glasses during his workout. The guy thinks he's the shit while most of the men at the gym think he's a dork.:rofl: We had one guy wear his sunglasses to his workouts but that ended pretty quick.:thumbsdow

chris
01-23-2006, 10:15 AM
same reason they wear them in the middle of summer, because they are the shit. I mean isn't it obvious

00CivicSi
01-23-2006, 10:17 AM
Sunglass's, flared pants and cat boots was the worse I have seen. Never seen toques yet

ecstasy_civic
01-23-2006, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Boosted_TL

:werd: thats all I could think of, I wear a long sleeved shirt and a hoody sometimes.

FatboyTheHungry
01-23-2006, 11:17 AM
Use it as a sweatband? :dunno:

handsomebassman
01-23-2006, 11:21 AM
i couldnt work out with a touque. I think it would be too uncomfortable. That, and id look stupid.

rahim
01-23-2006, 11:32 AM
seems to work for chuck
http://i.b5z.net/i/u/230085/i/Chuck.jpg

steelo
01-23-2006, 11:35 AM
Try to pay less attention to what others are wearing at the gym and maybe you'd get better results.

Justing
01-23-2006, 11:39 AM
^^ I guess this is the douche bag you saw at the gym wearing a toque

handsomebassman
01-23-2006, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Justing
:rofl:

Pihsiak
01-23-2006, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Boosted_TL

how many ppl have fattie scalps?

maybe i should wear my turtle neck like bazooka joe.
http://theproducesection.com/culture/bazooka_3.gif

seer_claw
01-23-2006, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Pihsiak

how many ppl have fattie scalps?

maybe i should wear my turtle neck like bazooka joe.

Its got nothing to do with having fat buildup on your head. Think about where you lose the most heat. Then go to the gym wear a toque and see how much more you sweat. Some people are really brilliant, that includes you. :banghead:

steelo
01-23-2006, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Justing

Hey skinny, I guess you're another one of the queers with nothing better to do than stand around judging what people wear to workout? That's about as gay as a big bag of dicks.

habsfan
01-23-2006, 02:53 PM
i could never wear a toque while working out, i would get way too hot, and my head would probably itch like a motherfucker.

sputnik
01-23-2006, 02:55 PM
There is some homo at the Macleod WHC that wears a touque, longsleeved shirt (with a t-shirt over top) and heavy pants when hes at the gym.

His workouts must take hours because 90% of the time he is just drinking his creatine fruit punch out of a 4L milk jug.

ninjak84
01-23-2006, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by steelo
Try to pay less attention to what others are wearing at the gym and maybe you'd get better results.

Exactly.... who cares why someone is wearing a toque?
Why didn't you go ask him if you were so bothered?

I get a kick out of people who "go to the gym" just to watch and be watched. They turn a YMCA into a gay bar with no booze.

B17a
01-23-2006, 03:31 PM

Lighten up a bit, I just find it odd/humorous with the toques. Would you say the same if I said, why do hot girls have to wear spandex?

lastprodigy
01-23-2006, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by sputnik
There is some homo at the Macleod WHC that wears a touque, longsleeved shirt (with a t-shirt over top) and heavy pants when hes at the gym.

His workouts must take hours because 90% of the time he is just drinking his creatine fruit punch out of a 4L milk jug.

:rofl:

blitz
01-23-2006, 04:07 PM

Hey skinny, I guess you're another one of the queers with nothing better to do than stand around judging what people wear to workout? That's about as gay as a big bag of dicks.

:rofl: :rofl:

Small penis or on steroids?

Possibly both?

V6-BoI
01-23-2006, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by 00CivicSi
Sunglass's, flared pants and cat boots was the worse I have seen. Never seen toques yet

Wow I haven't seen any of those. I have seen people wear toques though. I think it's the same reason why some people wear caps, to hide the messy hair. I've seen this one guy wear a toque to the gym, but it was on days that it's semi-cold out.

ecstasy_civic
01-23-2006, 04:16 PM
Im gonna wear my beanie today and see if I get any reactions:rofl:

steelo
01-23-2006, 04:19 PM
Fuck that, I'm going to throw on the Nike toque now for sure.

ecstasy_civic
01-23-2006, 04:34 PM
Fuck that, I'm going to throw on the Nike toque now for sure.

:rofl: :drama:

CLASSIC

Seanith
01-23-2006, 06:49 PM
Being sweaty and uncomfortable is cool.

stevieo
01-23-2006, 06:54 PM
i wore a touque a few times to the gym, and ya i did it to get hotter so i can sweat more.

also had on a sweater and some track pants. i have seen people wearing boots and such for working out though, high ankle support? i dunno.

brandon
01-23-2006, 06:58 PM
wtf! I read this topic thinking it said "Wearing tampons at the gym?"

lol

hockeybronx
01-23-2006, 07:24 PM

:werd:

People should spend a lot less time looking around and judging others at the gym and focus on working harder so they can get in and out quicker and stop plugging up all the machines.:banghead:

habsfan
01-23-2006, 08:17 PM
machine whores are the biggest pissoff :banghead:

DarkDream
01-23-2006, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by brandon
wtf! I read this topic thinking it said "Wearing tampons at the gym?"

lol

hahahahaha shit that was hilarious

treg50
01-23-2006, 08:52 PM
The only reason I wear a touque at the gym is because I have hair that would otherwise get in my face.

Wearing a touque for any other reason is poseur-ish... especially for those balding motherfuckers, hahah, or people with shaved heads... you wanna lose 20 pounds of excess, dead weight? Cut off your head.

Justing
01-23-2006, 09:41 PM

:rofl: Holy sensitive batman!!
How did you know that i go to the gym and gangsta lean against the treadmill staring at people.

Wildcat
01-23-2006, 11:10 PM
toques in the bar are worse :rofl:

YCB
01-23-2006, 11:35 PM
i'm guilty for wearing a toque :whocares:

toque, sweater, headphones... if you look shady, people leave you alone, then you work out faster and don't add to the annoying chatter and bench waits...

sucks if you sweat lots though..

1-Bar
01-23-2006, 11:41 PM
eh, some people socialize in the gym rather then actually working out....perhaps its a good 'icebreaker'

'hey, wtf are you wearing a toque in a gym'

James
01-24-2006, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by Wildcat
toques in the bar are worse :rofl:

Now THAT is stupid :werd:.......I've worn a toque a few times,and its not to "look cool"....1. If its cold outside, and i jog to the gym, id be wearing a toque, so i keep it on... 2. I Always wear a hat to the gym, and i dont like dripping sweat, toques trap the sweat, just like a hat....3. Toques are comfortable, But im not gonna wear a Toque in July to the gym, or anywhere for that matter. I hope that clears up some reasons why people wear toques ( or maybe thats just me), oh and im not some "pretty boy, douche bag, teenager" either.

sputnik
01-24-2006, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by stevieo
i wore a touque a few times to the gym, and ya i did it to get hotter so i can sweat more.

also had on a sweater and some track pants. i have seen people wearing boots and such for working out though, high ankle support? i dunno.

Sweating does not mean weightloss. It only results in accellerated dehydration (which is a bad thing).

Oz-
01-24-2006, 10:19 AM
Why aren't the athletic style skull caps or even a doo rag used more?

Personally, these don't bother me as much as the guy with the designer italian shirt/slacks and penny loafers, getting some bad swass and stinking up the joint. :dunno:

steelo
01-24-2006, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Oz-

Personally, these don't bother me as much as the guy with the designer italian shirt/slacks and penny loafers, getting some bad swass and stinking up the joint. :dunno:

Hahah. Guido please!!!1

YamaLube
01-27-2006, 11:21 AM
If people wear a touque they are posers, if they wear a sweatshirt they are a homo, if they wear a tank top they are showing off, if they wear pants then they have no legs, if they have their hood up they are the shit............

Get over it fashion police. Maybe the dude was wearing his touque outside, and had rude hair. Cause lord knows if he worked out with rude hair you would be in here talking about some guy in the gym with his bed head.

There are two types of people who go to the gym, those who want to improve their bodies, and those who want to talk about them.

steelo
01-27-2006, 11:23 AM
Exactly right.

Manifesto55
01-27-2006, 11:26 AM
Check for me tomorrow morning at WHC, I'll be the guy in the wool hat with earflaps, muckluks and MEGA swass.

blitz
01-27-2006, 12:00 PM
I love all the hardcore gym guys "focus on your workout" viewpoint.

"Why is that guy wearing only a thong?"

"Shut up you skinny fagot and finish your set!"

Some people like to stay in decent, but not excellent, shape and make fun of others whenever possible. If those people didn't occasionally go to the gym and pay their fees every month, most of the gyms wouldn't be able to stay in business.

steelo
01-27-2006, 12:20 PM
People like that just make everyone else look even better. Thanks! :thumbsup:

89coupe
01-27-2006, 01:02 PM
Toques are for guys who are losing their hair...LOL

hockeybronx
01-27-2006, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by YamaLube
There are two types of people who go to the gym, those who want to improve their bodies, and those who want to talk about them.

So true... best quote I've heard in a while. :thumbsup:

LKL
01-29-2006, 03:37 PM
I wear a toque at the gym because when I go to work out, I don't do my hair beforehand

Seanith
01-29-2006, 03:40 PM
Whats wrong with a HAT?

HuMz
01-29-2006, 03:41 PM
there almost as cool as people who wear sunglasses in the bar

Chester
01-29-2006, 05:05 PM
I wear a tight spandex bodysuit with nothing under so I can show off my natural bulge.

rbau493
01-29-2006, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Chester
I wear a tight spandex bodysuit with nothing under so I can show off my natural bulge.

:rofl: :rofl:

Who really cares what someone wears? It doesnt directly affect you.

atomic
01-29-2006, 08:27 PM
two pages of this eh? :whocares:

Tyler883
01-30-2006, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by LKL
I wear a toque at the gym because when I go to work out, I don't do my hair beforehand

I've never heard anyone say "dude your hair is messy"

steelo
01-30-2006, 01:46 AM
Why do you bitches care so much? I wear whatever the fuck I want to wear - if you have such a big issue with that then grow some balls and say something in person rather than nattering like a bunch of chickenheads on the internet.

three.eighteen.
01-30-2006, 03:55 AM
Originally posted by Tyler883

I've never heard anyone say "dude your hair is messy"

i had hair that got in my face, and i just don't like that working out, so i wear a ballcap, but i do have a habit of wearing it backwards, then flipping it frontwards during sets on my back

:dunno:

dodad
01-30-2006, 04:02 AM
Well if you really want to get looks do you're workout in a speedo...im not one to judge...but do my workout and leave ...dont have no time looking around...you're just not pushing youreself harder enough