PDA

View Full Version : Vein coloration?

Wildcat
01-23-2006, 06:03 PM
Ive noticed that in the past few months that my vein's have become more apparent, not in vascularity but in color. They seem to be a darker blue and i can now trace them across my chest, down my lats and abdominals where it was really only noticable in my arms before. im just wondering what the cause of this might be? BF%? maturity? diet? blood oxygen? im not sure, its kinda gross.

GQBalla
01-23-2006, 06:46 PM
ermmm kind of like spider viens/?

JAYMEZ
01-23-2006, 11:33 PM
Are you cutting right now? I am getting the same thing , its just because my BF % is going down.. It just means your healthy, its not anything to be alarmed about :thumbsup:

hockeybronx
01-24-2006, 03:39 PM
Depending on what you are currently taking (if you are taking vasodilators of any sort or not), I'd say it's a combination of:

- workout frequency - with harder pumps and more frequent workouts, it is possible for your veins and arteries to increase in elasticity, which increases how much blood they can transport, which increases the size of the veins/artery, which makes them more visible
- age - not sure exactly why scientifically, but I do know your veins become more apparent with growth and age
- perhaps decreased body fat - not sure if you are losing any weight or not but this will increase the visibility of your veins/arteries

Button line is that there isn't a lot you can do about it; it’s just the way your blood transport system is tuned. Some people appear to have extreme vascularity and some people don't at all.

1-Cent
01-25-2006, 02:44 AM
Decreased bodyfat bro, mine are coming out like mad right now because I'm cutting, they get real dark blue/green and go up my abs and across my chest like that too, go show them off haha.

Wildcat
01-25-2006, 07:09 PM
^ya i figured it was either that or maturity. ive lost about 10lbs of water and fat the last few months, ppl really take notice of it in my face, still looking bigger even tho im lighter :D .