PDA

View Full Version : toyota officially joins nascar....

civic_stylez
01-23-2006, 07:20 PM
theres going to be some pissed off americans over this... i hate watching nascar but ill watch just to see the imports build a better, faster higher performance motor that will own....

http://f1.racing-live.com/f1/en/index.html

Photo F1-Live.com
Zoom
Taking on the American's on home soil
Toyota may have pulled the plug on its IRL IndyCar programme, but the Japanese car giant today confirmed that they will be entering the NASCAR Nextel Cup and Busch Series in 2007 with a car based on the Camry model.

The expansion will follow three years of Toyota competing in the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series, and will result in all three of NASCAR's national series having four manufacturers competing, as Toyota will join Chevrolet, Dodge and Ford.

"NASCAR welcomes Toyota to the greatest auto racing in the world," said NASCAR Chairman and CEO Brian France, who made the announcement on Monday at NASCAR'S Research and Development Centre in Concord, N.C.

"Toyota's entry into the NASCAR Nextel Cup Series and the NASCAR Busch Series is good for drivers, teams and the fans. This move provides for even more intense competition on the track between drivers and manufacturers, which will provide more excitement and fan interest. Toyota's entry also provides more options for drivers and teams, which will increase the competition between manufacturers."

"It's a great pleasure to announce Toyota's entry into the NASCAR Nextel Cup and Busch Series with the Toyota Camry," said Dave Illingworth, senior vice president and chief planning and administrative officer for Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc.

E.A.
Source Toyota

Goblin
01-23-2006, 07:23 PM
cool, I like toyota trucks, better than the "american" ones ;)

CKY
01-23-2006, 07:59 PM
I really hope Toyota goes into nascar right off the bat and completely dominate nascar, and then the Americans will start hating and make a big deal out of it.

civic_stylez
01-23-2006, 08:04 PM
ya man, billy moe and bubba are gonna be pissed... americans try and get into every sport and nobody opposes them but when a foreign car trys to get into nascar its "their sport".... they dont even realize part of the chrysler cars are built by mercedes either... go super camry!!!!:D

treg50
01-23-2006, 08:42 PM
Nice! The more manufacturers there are more I might take interest in NASCAR... again.

TRD NASCAR! Good move, Toyota :thumbsup:

Godfuader
01-23-2006, 08:49 PM
This has been speculation for years now...about time they get the ball rolling. The Tundra seems to be holding its own in the NASCAR Craftsman series.
http://www.toyota.com/motorsports/ncts/facts.html
(are these stats good? :dunno: )

Newk
01-23-2006, 08:52 PM
Actually Toyota has been welcomed into truck racing. It is a good deal for for everyone involved. I for one will be pulling for the Yota's

ToyVitzRS
01-26-2006, 01:14 AM
Now that's a Grocery Go-Getter! :rofl:

(i'm not hating, my mom drives a Camry)

Vagabond142
01-26-2006, 06:23 AM
"NASCAR welcomes Toyota to the greatest auto racing in the world," said NASCAR Chairman and CEO Brian France, who made the announcement on Monday at NASCAR'S Research and Development Centre in Concord, N.C.

The greatest auto racing in the world??? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

95EagleAWD
01-26-2006, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by Vagabond142

The greatest auto racing in the world???

:rofl:

x2

NASCAR = :thumbsdow

habsfan
01-26-2006, 10:46 AM
nascar is gay. oh well, camrys represent!

sputnik
01-26-2006, 11:04 AM
Go Corrola!

soupey
01-26-2006, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by ToyVitzRS
Now that's a Grocery Go-Getter! :rofl:

(i'm not hating, my mom drives a Camry)

are u mocking camry drivers? i keeel u hahahahhaha

woooooohoooo the camry finally gets some fame hahaha, should be fun to see a nascar camry flyin on the tracks.

Originally posted by habsfan
nascar is gay. oh well, camrys represent!
habsfan is my homeboy.

habsfan
01-26-2006, 01:44 PM
:werd: although i envy your 2 extra cylinders

SLR
01-26-2006, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Vagabond142

The greatest auto racing in the world??? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: No, you are right, Solo2 events draw a bigger crowd :rolleyes:

Funny you goofs think a brand new toyota entry will actually place even top 5. Wait I know why...

You're all Asian or Wannabe Asians :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

habsfan
01-26-2006, 02:06 PM
^i'd personally rather go watch said solo2 event, because no matter how you look at it, a bunch of specially built tanks that all look the same except for bright colors driving around in a circle for 3 hours is boring as fuck. sure it draws gigantic crowds for some reason, but its in no way the best auto racing in the world.

Newk
01-26-2006, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by SLR
No, you are right, Solo2 events draw a bigger crowd :rolleyes:

Funny you goofs think a brand new toyota entry will actually place even top 5. Wait I know why...

You're all Asian or Wannabe Asians :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The Tacoma finishe 2nd and almost won the very first race they entered.

Godfuader
01-26-2006, 03:39 PM
Here we go...Holy Solara! :eek:
http://www.autoblog.com/media/2006/01/toyotanascarnapa.jpg
http://www.autoblog.com/media/2006/01/toyotanascarrbside.jpg
http://www.autoblog.com/media/2006/01/toyotanascarcatrear.jpg
http://carsale.uol.com.br/noticias/fotos/camrynascar.jpg
http://carsale.uol.com.br/noticias/fotos/camrynascar_2.jpg

http://sema.autoblog.com/2006/01/25/red-bull-sponsors-nascar-toyota-team/
http://www.news14charlotte.com/content/sports/?AC=&ArID=111868&SecID=12

iceburns288
01-26-2006, 03:50 PM
^i'd personally rather go watch said solo2 event, because no matter how you look at it, a bunch of specially built tanks that all look the same except for bright colors driving around in a circle for 3 hours is boring as fuck. sure it draws gigantic crowds for some reason, but its in no way the best auto racing in the world.
NASCAR makes for great racing. In terms of RACING (that is, car-to-car) it's second to none. The reason all the cars look the same is that they pretty much are all the same, which is why the racing is to tight and so great.

Originally posted by Newk
The Tacoma finishe 2nd and almost won the very first race they entered.
That's probably NASCAR rigging another race:) . BTW, one win won't win a championship...

habsfan
01-26-2006, 04:32 PM
yea you're right when it comes to car to car, head to head "action packed" racing. but they still drive in a damn oval for 3 hours ;)

ninjak84
01-26-2006, 05:39 PM
This is sweet! Go Toyota!
I'll probably catch a few races now..... I hope they do well :thumbsup: I was a bit burned when I saw Mustangs and Pontiacs join the drift buisness. This kind of evens the score :D

cman
01-30-2006, 11:33 PM
yea you're right when it comes to car to car, head to head "action packed" racing. but they still drive in a damn oval for 3 hours ;)
I believe in one of the series they actually have a couple races on road type courses...

403Gemini
01-31-2006, 03:25 PM
should be entertaining! I wish monte carlo's and imapalas.... and well most of the higher end GM cars that are auto only for top models were standard. would make it more fun.

props to toyota and good luck to them.

iceburns288
01-31-2006, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by cman
I believe in one of the series they actually have a couple races on road type courses...

Watkins Glen and Infineon.:)

Team Emperor
03-03-2006, 10:32 PM
You guy think they well test the new supra V8????:dunno:

Newk
03-03-2006, 10:39 PM
The new supra V8 is probably derived from their nascar spec engine.

dino_martini
03-03-2006, 11:00 PM
Nice, good for Toyota...kick the north american auto makers ass..woot

Team Emperor
03-03-2006, 11:01 PM
:thumbsup:

Rocky
03-13-2006, 02:23 AM
<stereotypical nascar fan>
"chinese cars in NASCAR?! what's next, black drivers?!"
</stereotypical nascar fan>

those cars look weird... if you turn em upside down, they're like stairs with that low front and high rear

habsfan
03-13-2006, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by Newk
The new supra V8 is probably derived from their nascar spec engine.

if i'm not mistaken, nascar engines are mandated to be old school cam in block OHV style. i REALLY doubt that toyota would ever put a pushrod V8 in a production car.

z1_bam
03-24-2006, 09:17 PM
i want to see toyota advertise this with Cole Trickle/Tom Cruise behind the wheel

CappyMcSlappy
03-29-2006, 04:40 PM

if i'm not mistaken, nascar engines are mandated to be old school cam in block OHV style. i REALLY doubt that toyota would ever put a pushrod V8 in a production car.

habsfan- you're right. In fact the majority of the technology in the engine compartment is the same as it was 50 years ago! I highly doubt Yota would gain much in the way of technology from Nascar- Now i know they are big on presenting themselves as an American company. They are for the most part, so this will only help their cause...entering an "American" sport.

I wonder where Honda is in all of this?