PDA

View Full Version : ANyone know of any Ford GTs for sale out west?

ACX
01-24-2006, 02:30 PM
I wish it were for me.. Just inquiring for a friend in Ontario. He says he can only find one in the gulf colors and hates that.

I say rough life. :thumbsdow

thanks.

sputnik
01-24-2006, 02:41 PM
Tell him to order one from Ford.

:nut:

ACX
01-24-2006, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by sputnik
Tell him to order one from Ford.

:nut:

I did. I told him he should be able to import one too. :nut:

I'm not sure what kind of supply they are in up here, I think we get a max of 200, which I would have thought would be plenty :goflames:

frostyda9
01-24-2006, 07:16 PM
The Gulf livery is :bigpimp: IMO

BerserkerCatSplat
01-24-2006, 07:22 PM
I'd take one in Gulf colours any day! :drool:

iceburns288
01-24-2006, 08:03 PM
He doesn't want a Gulf GT? I've heard other potential buyers complaining of NOT being able to order in Gulf colors!:(

hizzity
01-25-2006, 07:16 AM
the gulf one makes that car like ten times cooler

R-Audi
01-25-2006, 08:59 AM
Tell your friend to do some research into the car and its problems... excellent cover up by Ford!
( If any other exotic -Ferrari, Lambo etc) would have had as many problems as this car they would almost be put out of business!)

IIRC All of the GT's were recalled TWICE already!

94SSEi
01-25-2006, 09:10 AM
I was under the impression that you couldn't get a GT in Canada? :confused:

JCX
01-25-2006, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by 94SSEi
I was under the impression that you couldn't get a GT in Canada? :confused:

This year you can. :thumbsup:

Originally posted by R-AudiTell your friend to do some research into the car and its problems... excellent cover up by Ford!
( If any other exotic -Ferrari, Lambo etc) would have had as many problems as this car they would almost be put out of business!)

Do you really think any GT owners truly care about it? The GT's issues are no secret, none at all. Jeremy Clarkson has a Ford GT, which they bought back and he bought back. Why? Because he loves it so much.

Only someone high on Haterade would say they wouldn't pimp a Ford GT.

Regarding reliability of Exotics, hasn't Car and Driver had clutches fail on their last couple of Lambos? Point is high performance costs and even supercars have problems.

:whocares:

handsomebassman
01-25-2006, 11:26 AM
i dunno, im not really into the gulf livery colours. After seeing these that is...

http://www.canadiandriver.com/news/04images/first_ford_gt_1.jpg
http://www.rsportscars.com/foto/08/fordgt05.jpg
http://www.autobytel.com/images/carpics/testdrv/suemead/500/05FordGT6.jpg

If he looks hard enough, and doesnt mind waiting a little bit, im sure he can get one imported.

ACX
01-25-2006, 11:48 AM
Oh guys, You'll get no argument from me that the Gulf colors are where its at.

:bigpimp:

I could stare at that car all day (until the owner called the cops on me anyways).

:thumbsdow

BerserkerCatSplat
01-25-2006, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by R-Audi
Tell your friend to do some research into the car and its problems... excellent cover up by Ford!

Well, you recall (no pun indended) incorrectly.

The only listed recall for the GT is the old suspension arm problem, which was very early on in production, caught quickly, and never actually caused any problems in real life.

For comparison, the Ferrari 360 Modena had 5 recalls in its first model year.

The 360CS has a recall abut the wheels potentially falling off the vehicle at speed.

http://autorepair.about.com/library/recalls/bl-recalls-347a.htm

Lex350
01-25-2006, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by ACX
I wish it were for me.. Just inquiring for a friend in Ontario. He says he can only find one in the gulf colors and hates that.

I say rough life. :thumbsdow

thanks.

I think Advantage Ford has one...or did have one...try them.

retro-steve
01-25-2006, 12:57 PM
isn't there a GT for sale at ZR right now?

R-Audi
01-25-2006, 01:28 PM
I qwas under the impression there were multiple recalls.. the suspension being one of the major ones.. For that price I would shop elsewhere especially after reading reviews of the car..

frostyda9
01-25-2006, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by R-Audi
For that price I would shop elsewhere especially after reading reviews of the car..

It's a Ford ;)

Problems aside, it's still an amazing deal for a car with staggering performance numbers, and a touch of the GT-40 heritage.

...and just to put things in perspective, have a look at this recall:

Ferrari

1990-1992 F40>The forks fastening the front and rear lower suspension levers to the chassis can crack or break which could lead to a loss of a vehicle control.

C4S
01-25-2006, 08:12 PM
Yeah .. it is a Ford .. and for Porsche/Ferrari money ..

but .. it is still a super car .. rare .. and sort of bargain at $200K area .... you are not going to get any other car in Canada for under 3.5 second and for that price ... :D

Even i will still take a slight used F360 instead .. :D ( I know it is slow .. compare to Ford GT .. ) or wait for the 997 TT ... :love: