PDA

View Full Version : anyone have a plasma TV?..... doing this...

EternalRage
01-24-2006, 05:03 PM
i have a 42" plasma tv, and it has been great so far, i have had it for about a month and a half, but it is starting to make a high pitch humm when it is turned on, it seems to be getting worse,

any suggestions? anybody else have a plasma that makes noise?

shakalaka
01-24-2006, 05:09 PM
Grab the warranty reciept and take a jog to the shop you bought it from.

awd
01-24-2006, 05:09 PM
Brand?

Mine is fine.

You might want to try some audio & video forums for some answers...

lastprodigy
01-24-2006, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by shakalaka

:werd: take advantage of the warranty while you can!

InfiniteJoy
01-24-2006, 05:36 PM
Actually mine does that too.. it's not loud, but you can hear it if you go right up close.

EternalRage
01-25-2006, 11:55 PM
mine is a thoshiba,

yeah i might take a trip and see about the warranty, i was just hoping there was a quick fix, i didnet want to pack it up, it is a pain in the ass.

danno
01-26-2006, 12:55 AM
i had a toshiba 27" flat screen, and it made the same kinda noise. i had it checked out under the brand warranty and they took it to a repair shop on southland. they had the tv for 3 months and said it was fixed and it wasn't. so i waited till the one year brand warranty was up and a and b sound's warranty kick in ( they have 30 or 60 days to fix it then they give you a new tv) they couldn't fix it. in the end they gave me money for the tv and i got a 46 hitachi.

don't go to southland reapir shop

FatboyTheHungry
01-26-2006, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by shakalaka

:werd: Mine is 6 months old and make no noise like that at all... Get it checked out asap.

EternalRage
01-29-2006, 12:12 PM
i took it back, and they told me that i had to buy a $145 power bar, so i did, brought the whole thing back home, set it up with the magic power bar, and what do you know, it still makes the noise,

so now i am pissed, so i call the store i got it from, and tell the manager the situation, he says no worries, bring it back and we will replace it. so i pack it up once again.....

once i get to the store, the manager i talked to on the phone is not there, but instead some lacky in charge of returns, he looks over the TV to make sure everythign is there, and he says to me " the only way it would make that noise is if you lay it flat, it has to stay standing all the time, and if you lay it flat we cannot offer a warranty"

At no point did I lay it flat, it says right on the box to keep it upright, and i did, so i argue with him for about 20 mins, and he says there is nothign he can do, the store manager is gone for the day, and as far as he is concerned he will not take it back,

SO AGAIN I BRING IT BACK HOME!!,

now i am waiting to talk to the Store manager on monday, and I AM PISSED!!!

i will let you knwo what happens.

EK 2.0
01-29-2006, 12:15 PM
where was this said TV purchased from...sorry if I missed it...just curious.

Because when I was at Sony...we would call the MGR with no issues to "authorize" the return...Sounds to me like they are in the first stages of..."pulling your chain"

EternalRage
01-29-2006, 12:49 PM
i am gong to give them one last chance to fix the problem, if they dont fix it i will tell you where it was bought,

dodad
01-29-2006, 12:56 PM
Futureshop wouldn't return mine....bastards....

EternalRage
01-29-2006, 09:54 PM
What was their reason for denying the return?

dodad
01-29-2006, 10:02 PM
They had said after 30 days on plasmas there's only warrentee.

EternalRage
01-29-2006, 10:16 PM
ohh... i better watch out for that,

JordanLotoski
01-29-2006, 11:47 PM
ive got a brand new one..thought last week i notcied that, but it city tv, it buzzes always on that channel..maybe its the channel....what kinda tv did you get?

SpoonEK9@STRD
01-30-2006, 02:39 AM
you probably just need some cleaner signals... power cords may be to close to speaker wires, tv signals stuff like that... consider a monster power bar... and a monstor plasma power source cleaner... you can always return the stuff futureshop has 30day no real question return policy...