PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Lamborghini Miura Concept

GorG
01-24-2006, 05:44 PM
(from Lamborghini Press Release) The House of the Raging Bull has brought back a legendary historical name with the introduction of its Lamborghini Miura Concept car.

The Lamborghini Miura Concept will be the first Lamborghini vehicle to be conjured from the pen of Walter de’ Silva, Head of Lamborghini Design. De Silva’s other responsibilities include serving as Head of Design of Audi Group. The talented designer’s idea for the new concept was simple: a retro-inspired look heralding back to one of the auto world’s most famous icons, the legendary Lamborghini Miura.

Automobili Lamborghini eagerly begins the New Year with the much anticipated unveiling of the Lamborghini Miura Concept, a modern interpretation of the Lamborghini Miura. Currently celebrating its fortieth anniversary, the Miura was originally designed by Marcello Gandini and first publicly presented at the 1966 Geneva Motor Show by Ferruccio Lamborghini and Nuccio Bertone.

To this day the Miura is widely recognised as one of the most beautiful cars ever created.

The new concept model which, as of now, is strictly a concept with no firm date set for its production launch, is the inspired creation of de’ Silva, the world-famous Italian designer. He has redesigned every aspect of the car while remaining absolutely faithful to the original form.

The new car retains the extraordinary purity of line, characteristic of the original Miura: the designer’s intervention has been defined by refining the contours and eliminating any superfluous detail, in order to enhance the clean, simple lines and perfectly balanced proportions of the original that so impassioned enthusiasts.

The restyling of the lower part of the body takes the car’s structural strength and aerodynamic performance to new heights, without disturbing the delicate aesthetic equilibrium.

Even the touches of contemporary styling applied to the interior, the lights and the wheels have been carefully measured to achieve a homogenous design that is both timeless and immediately recognisable.

So a true design icon is born.

"Over the last two years," explains Walter de’ Silva, "I have often dreamed of redesigning the Miura. Now, thanks to my new position at the head of Lamborghini design, and the enthusiastic support of the Lamborghini CEO, Stephan Winkelmann, I have been able to turn that dream into a reality."

The Lamborghini Miura Concept will be on show at the Lamborghini stand at the 2006 North American International Auto Show in Detroit.

http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-2006/2006-Lamborghini-Miura-Concept-F-1280x960.jpg
http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-2006/2006-Lamborghini-Miura-Concept-RA-1280x960.jpg

I was in love with the original and I always thought to myself that if I was to have the money and I was to buy a classic it would be the original Miura. What are your opinions’s on the car. I’m still trying to look around and see what kind of power house they are planning to put in, if they decide to go through with it.

Fez_turbo
01-24-2006, 06:36 PM
i think that the only good thing about it is that its a lamborghini. but at the same time i see NO lamborghini resemblance. i wouldnt be able to tell that its a lamborghini unless it had the lamborghini logo on it.

its got that old look to it.

PSJanis
01-24-2006, 06:37 PM
front is meh...looks almost like an insect, should be less curvy. Back looks hot tho.

snowboard
01-24-2006, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Fez_turbo
i think that the only good thing about it is that its a lamborghini. but at the same time i see NO lamborghini resemblance. i wouldnt be able to tell that its a lamborghini unless it had the lamborghini logo on it.

its got that old look to it.

nothing like a lamborghini... :rolleyes:

http://www.motorintro.com/downloads/_imagesdownloads/marcas/lamborghini/big/Lamborghini%20Miura%20S%20Jota.jpg

habsfan
01-24-2006, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by snowboard

:werd: Fez, you've got alot to learn kid

btw, this is a repost
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?threadid=114379

WWJAI
01-24-2006, 06:43 PM
looks nice still..but i like their previous model stylez much better

R34GTRVSPECII
01-24-2006, 06:43 PM
I like the design, but to honor the Miura we should leave it in its place in history and not try to redesign it.

Z24_3.1.
01-24-2006, 06:47 PM
dont like it :barf:

cosmok
01-24-2006, 06:47 PM
Looks similar to a GT40 for some reason

Fez_turbo
01-24-2006, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by snowboard

oops. never seen a lambo like that before, im used to the newer generation ones with all there sleek, sporty design.
but it still does not strike me as a lambo.:dunno:

thanks for the information though.:D

snowboard
01-24-2006, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by cosmok

that is exactly the first thought that crossed my mind.

GorG
01-24-2006, 07:48 PM

Thats because both original models had a similar body style

Mr. Burns
01-24-2006, 07:51 PM
:hitit:

Zero102
01-25-2006, 12:17 PM
I hope they don't make it.
The Miura was an amazing-looking, horrendously-handling car. If they keep the same body style and mechanical configuration, it will share most of the same design/handling problems that the original had.
Not to mention there seems to only a minor re-design of the exterior (which although it could be a good thing, they didn't address the aero-foil shape of the body which was the primary cause of front-end instability at speed).

I like the Miura being in the history books.

I'm all for new vehicles, but I think it would be stupid to re-make the miura. While they're at it, why not re-make the damn countach. :rolleyes:

DonJuan
01-25-2006, 12:31 PM
Get some different wheels on there, Loose the IROC style louvers on the back window and you have a super sexy car! Definately produce this, they might be able to use the same platform as the Gallardo. I believe that Audi will never allow any of their companies to make a bad handling car like the original Miura (except for their VW division.. ooo burn!). The design of the Miura is much like teh Jag E-type, timeless, and although I would prefer they didn't redesign it for retro purposes, this new design is a direct modernization of the muiras design. It'll be great.

gp36912
01-25-2006, 12:34 PM

same thought came to mind too :P

handsomebassman
01-25-2006, 12:44 PM
meh, i doubt it will sell. The lines just dont flow right in my mind. And the rims throw the whole care off. Bad design choice. Im sure a rim change, and a very minimal change to body design will spark much more attention to this auto.

nich148_9
01-25-2006, 03:22 PM
It's awesome! :eek:

I want it. Just in a different colour.

RB25DET
01-25-2006, 04:52 PM
I dont mind the concept, but imo just leave the miura alone. It is one of the most beautiful cars ever built imo (especially for that era). Id love to own an original one day.

CKY
01-25-2006, 05:32 PM
Trying too hard IMO, I think they're trying to go with the Mustang and Charger line. A modern version of a classic, but not working very well on this one.

turbojohngt
01-25-2006, 05:52 PM
Beautiful:drool:

streetarab
01-26-2006, 12:29 PM
i love the louvers! the ass end is sweet and so are the rims but the front is just a gt40 with round headlights...

XylathaneGTR
01-26-2006, 01:33 PM
You kind of expect Ford and Chevy to rehash their old designs, but seriously, i'd expect lamborghini to be able to come up w/ a new style.
Yeah, sure, it's called the Miura so it better look like a Miura for 2006, not 1966. But still, i just straight up don't like it, Lamborghini's always been on the cutting edge of style and design, and then they bust out this?
No thanks.

If anyone reads the 6speedonline forums, there was a great big fuss about it on there as well.

finboy
01-26-2006, 03:58 PM
ditch the louvers and its hot

SickBastard
02-08-2006, 02:45 PM
Dont mind it that much. Kinda like the old one.

statick
02-09-2006, 10:50 PM
I very much like the look of that car.:thumbsup:

kane584
02-12-2006, 02:18 PM
looks like a bug

MtYurmom
03-10-2006, 01:58 AM
Ford designer that designed the Ford GT, once was trying to sell the design to Lambo. They turned him down. THe same year ford picked him up, and the GT won shit loads of races. Now Lambo come out with that.... looks too much like the GT. Screw Lambo.

TeamBestBud
03-10-2006, 02:03 AM
Domestics are goin back to the old muscle car designs, so i guess tht lambos goin back to there roots as well?:dunno:

pinoyhero
03-10-2006, 06:29 AM
I personally like it but the style remins me of what Ford did with the MUSTANG, old school. Lambo doesn't need to go there but now that they did I like.

CKY
03-10-2006, 01:28 PM
Very dissapointed, The line and lookgs of this car just doesn't shout out like Lamborghinis are suppose to. This thing would probably get a negative on a sexiness scale if you have to put it up with a Gallardo or Murcielago.