PDA

View Full Version : This is just getting stupid (DT)

handsomebassman
01-25-2006, 12:23 PM
"There have been 2,436 coalition deaths, 2,236 Americans, one Australian, 98 Britons, 13 Bulgarians, two Danes, two Dutch, two Estonians, one Hungarian, 26 Italians, one Kazakh, one Latvian, 17 Poles, two Salvadoran, three Slovaks, 11 Spaniards, two Thai and 18 Ukrainians in the war in Iraq as of January 25, 2006, according to a CNN count."

Taken from http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2003/iraq/forces/casualties/

This is just fucking stupid. What a goddamn joke the united states government has become. I feel so bad for the people.

LudeRoca
01-25-2006, 12:29 PM
Fuck the US is what i always say :guns:

joyridder
01-25-2006, 12:31 PM
no to mention the thousand of innocent Iraqi's, nor the ppl of Afghanistan, and certainly more recently our own soldiers who some how are there to maintain the "peace" and getting injured....war is never justified:banghead:

handsomebassman
01-25-2006, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by LudeRoca
Fuck the US is what i always say :guns:

lol, i was directing my hate more towards the government, but regardless, your opinion is still respected and appreciated

handsomebassman
01-25-2006, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by joyridder
no to mention the thousand of innocent Iraqi's, nor the ppl of Afghanistan, and certainly more recently our own soldiers who some how are there to maintain the "peace" and getting injured....war is never justified:banghead:

doesnt the government understand that the more they kill some innocent people, the more the other innocent people are going to have a hightened hate against the us? The last thing the states needs is more countries having a rising hate towards them. Fucking morons.

But maybe the oil and $ symbols in there eyes is preventing them from seeing clearly.

Lex350
01-25-2006, 12:49 PM
The problem was they never had an exit strategy before they went in. Now they don;t know hoe to pull out.

handsomebassman
01-25-2006, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by rotten42
The problem was they never had an exit strategy before they went in. Now they don;t know hoe to pull out.

yea, thats another good point as well.

I wonder if we will ever know the true true true reason for them going there in the first place. I still say oil.

Xtrema
01-25-2006, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by handsomebassman
I wonder if we will ever know the true true true reason for them going there in the first place. I still say oil.

We'll never know, but here're my top 3:

1) oil, particularly, reduce reliance on Saudi oil who supported the terrorist.

2) replace a lapdog that has behaved badly who are about to sell oil to everyone in world but USA.

3) introduce democracy to stablize, manipulate the region and hopefully reduce extremist's influence.

Bush has no exit strategy because he never expected to exit nor account for all the rebel forces. But most already know it's a lost cause to stay, just look at Tom Frank's quick exit after the initial phase of the war.

00CivicSi
01-25-2006, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema

We'll never know, but here're my top 3:

1) oil, particularly, reduce reliance on Saudi oil who supported the terrorist.

2) replace a lapdog that has behaved badly who are about to sell oil to everyone in world but USA.

3) introduce democracy to stablize, manipulate the region and hopefully reduce extremist's influence.

Bush has no exit strategy because he never expected to exit nor account for all the rebel forces. But most already know it's a lost cause to stay, just look at Tom Frank's quick exit after the initial phase of the war.

Probaly to show other countries they still have what it takes also. Regain global power etc. Come to think of it. The US doesn't really have any natural resources they offer to the world in mass. Maybe they feel within time they will lose thier status as a global leader. All they really have is brute force and Bush

Clanche
01-25-2006, 01:43 PM
not to be a prick but you guys are all fckn ignorant...

sick and tired of people bitching at the US for their actions.. screw the whole "did they have the right to do that and blah blah blah"

REALITY OF IT:

The world is at war for resources.. whether its right or not doesnt change the fact that without stability in the middle east.. we are all fckd.. INCLUDING CANADA.. do you really think that canada wont benefit from this? that this "blood oil" wont end up in your car??? you think countries like china aren't at the doorstep of these countries? they are spending BILLIONS on sea ports and storage facilities in the middle east so that they can get into the action..

seriously, you guys are bitching about this war in a CAR RACING FORUM.. maybe if it was the itakethebusandsaveenergyforum.com then ok.. but until everyone here is willing to make lifestyle changes in your transportation, energy draining electronics, etc.. ACCEPT THE CONSIQUENCES YOUR LIFESTYLE...

Currently, the world is absolutely fckd without oil.. so what do you expect the US and others to do? just stand there and watch their country fall apart? this isnt about money.. the war cost the US WAY more money than the oil will bring.. this is about keeping your house warm for the next 20 years.

:whipped: :whipped:

handsomebassman
01-25-2006, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Clanche

sick and tired of people bitching at the US for their actions.. screw the whole "did they have the right to do that and blah blah blah"

REALITY OF IT:

The world is at war for resources.. whether its right or not doesnt change the fact that without stability in the middle east.. we are all fckd.. INCLUDING CANADA.. do you really think that canada wont benefit from this? that this "blood oil" wont end up in your car??? you think countries like china aren't at the doorstep of these countries? they are spending BILLIONS on sea ports and storage facilities in the middle east so that they can get into the action..

seriously, you guys are bitching about this war in a CAR RACING FORUM.. maybe if it was the itakethebusandsaveenergyforum.com then ok.. but until everyone here is willing to make lifestyle changes in your transportation, energy draining electronics, etc.. ACCEPT THE CONSIQUENCES YOUR LIFESTYLE...

Currently, the world is absolutely fckd without oil.. so what do you expect the US and others to do? just stand there and watch their country fall apart? this isnt about money.. the war cost the US WAY more money than the oil will bring.. this is about keeping your house warm for the next 20 years.

I think your being more ignorant thinking that we arent aware of the benifits of the war that we see everyday. I love paying less than a buck for a litre of gas BUT, at who's expence? The lives of innocent women and children?

Fuck that.

Id rather pay for than a buck a litre knowing that im not buying stolen oil that was obtained by killing many AMERICANS AND innocent women and children overseas.

Im guessing you wear fur too, dont you.

/////AMG
01-25-2006, 01:51 PM
Currently, the world is absolutely fckd without oil.. so what do you expect the US and others to do? just stand there and watch their country fall apart?

Yes. Killing people for oil is fucking ridiculous!

kaput
01-25-2006, 01:52 PM

Clanche
01-25-2006, 01:59 PM

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by /////AMG

Yes. Killing people for oil is fucking ridiculous!

Don't think that I agree with the killing of innocent people.. war is a terrible thing no doubt about it.... all i'm saying is that until there is an other energy solution that is safe and affordable.. what is the world to do?

and to the person that said they would be willing to pay more $$ for gas to save lives.. I completely agree! so would i.. but the issue here is not raising prices... its just NO GAS TO SELL.. then what do we do? we live in a pretty shitty country not to have energy....

Clanche
01-25-2006, 02:01 PM
its easy to bitch about war and its consequences.. everyone is doing it and yes in a simple child-like scenerio.. no war is better than war... but seriously.. the world is a little more complex then that...

stop driving amg mercedes and mustangs and 200hp+ cars and THEN you can bitch about the US

handsomebassman
01-25-2006, 02:03 PM
stop driving amg mercedes and mustangs and 200hp+ cars and THEN you can bitch about the US

well then i guess i can bitch then

Clanche
01-25-2006, 02:06 PM

well then i guess i can bitch then

unfortunately so can i... stupid 1.9L ;)

handsomebassman
01-25-2006, 02:07 PM

unfortunately so can i... stupid 1.9L ;)

lol. I feel your pain.

Well at least i can brag i got 240 ft/lbs. @1800rpm. haha

Kirbs17
01-25-2006, 02:09 PM
:whipped: :banghead: Gotta Love Bush

Clanche
01-25-2006, 02:11 PM
"There have been 2,436 coalition deaths, 2,236 Americans, one Australian, 98 Britons, 13 Bulgarians, two Danes, two Dutch, two Estonians, one Hungarian, 26 Italians, one Kazakh, one Latvian, 17 Poles, two Salvadoran, three Slovaks, 11 Spaniards, two Thai and 18 Ukrainians in the war in Iraq as of January 25, 2006, according to a CNN count."

back to the intent of the thread.. those are pretty nuts numbers :banghead: wonder how many of those deaths are friendly fire...

my grandfather use to fly spy planes in wwII so maybe i'm just more about the greater good kinda thing.. even though in these modern days the greater good is all twisted and complex and hard to distingish right and wrong

Toms-SC
01-25-2006, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by kaput
Hasn't it been said that the was illegal? Yet Bush isn't facing charges. Why is that?

Simple, Bush is the law. I think he is trying to prove apoint that the UN/Other Nations can't do shit.

Clanche
01-25-2006, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Toms-SC

Simple, Bush is the law. I think he is trying to prove apoint that the UN/Other Nations can't do shit.

There was an article in the Times about all the corruption in the UN and the investigations (lead by a Canadian ex-CISS agent).

pretty scary stuff.. like african food $ stolen and all that stuff

steelo
01-25-2006, 02:32 PM
From a simpletons perspective it's all so simple.

What is the point of this thread anyway? To raise awareness to the things we see in the news every fucking day? Day in day out nothing but war and killing and misery. Is this something new? No. If it bothers you that much why don't you put your efforts forth in a manner that might have a bit more impact than whining on a car forum? Seriously, join a lobby group, write your MP, have a protest. Do something of value at least.

/////AMG
01-25-2006, 02:43 PM
Don't think that I agree with the killing of innocent people.. war is a terrible thing no doubt about it.... all i'm saying is that until there is an other energy solution that is safe and affordable.. what is the world to do?

You are talking as if all this killing is the solution.

and to the person that said they would be willing to pay more $$ for gas to save lives.. I completely agree! so would i.. but the issue here is not raising prices... its just NO GAS TO SELL.. then what do we do? we live in a pretty shitty country not to have energy....

Paying more $$ is good, but will they ever bump the price up in NA? Probably not. If they did it would make some impact, its better than nothing. It will probably take a lot of people off the road and force them to use public transportation/car pool/walk/bike, whatever.

handsomebassman
01-25-2006, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by steelo
From a simpletons perspective it's all so simple.

What is the point of this thread anyway? To raise awareness to the things we see in the news every fucking day? Day in day out nothing but war and killing and misery. Is this something new? No. If it bothers you that much why don't you put your efforts forth in a manner that might have a bit more impact than whining on a car forum? Seriously, join a lobby group, write your MP, have a protest. Do something of value at least.

Buddy, its just a simple thread to get opinions on the subject. Its by no means a lazy-mans-protest.

steelo
01-25-2006, 02:53 PM
Well, in that case, you got mine.

Xtrema
01-25-2006, 03:45 PM
Hasn't it been said that the was illegal? Yet Bush isn't facing charges. Why is that?

You can't arrest somebody with bigger guns than you do.

kaput
01-25-2006, 04:25 PM

Toma
01-25-2006, 05:20 PM

yea, thats another good point as well.

read the articles I posted ..... a dimension I had never considered before, and had no idea Saddam moved to accept Euros for his oil instead of the Dollar in 2000....

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=116910

01RedDX
01-25-2006, 05:21 PM

Ajay
01-25-2006, 05:34 PM
But didnt the Americans remove Slobodan Milosevic (sp?) from power for war crimes or something like that? Which falls under the category of George Bush. So why can't some foreign country come in and legally do the same to Bush? Guns or no guns, if he was charged with war crimes, how would the American people react? Less than half now support the war. What is the process?

Well the difference between Milosevic and Bush is Milosevic was brought to trial because of genocide. Bush is kiling his own people by having US Forces in Iraq but technically it's not the same thing.

No one is going to come up to bat and try to accuse Bush of war crimes....well maybe not while he's in power anyway because the sad truth is too many countries economies are too dependant on the US economy. If they start a coalition against the US that would be the death of their economy. The only way something like that would work would be if the rich powerful nations (i.e. GB, Germany, Japan, Canada) decided 'fuck the US' and did something about it. Sad reality is they depend upon the US too much to voice their disgust.

Sticking with this thread topic though. It's only going to get worse and we're only going to see more and more innocent Iraqi's along with scores of troops being killed the longer the US continues to push their own agenda in the middle east. I honestly think this is what will be the legacy of this current Bush adminstration and whoever comes in to replace Bush is going to be left to handle the fall out and come up with some recovery plan.

nadroj23
01-25-2006, 05:36 PM
he was not charged with war crimes, however his vice president was. dick chaney was, well i shouldnt say charged but the whole war crimes thing was about chaney and not bush, chaney disobeyed a direct order from his boss the president. what i read in the newpaper and heard on the news anyways

95EagleAWD
01-25-2006, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by joyridder
war is never justified:banghead:

So you would've let Hitler run rampant?

Toma
01-25-2006, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by 95EagleAWD

So you would've let Hitler run rampant?
Well, some have argued that Hitler only wanted the Danzig Corridor, which actually belonged to Germany till after WW1 and before the treaty of Versailles.... Some even argue that Hitler was coming to the aid of 58,000 murdered German nationals in the Danzig area (Pol's were apparantly thinking Germany's defeat would be swift, and they could take German nationals lands and businesses)

Only AFTER the allies declared war on Hitler did he "broaden" his ambitions....

WW1 and WW2 sure ended up a little different then they taught it in High School....

but I digress ....

95EagleAWD
01-25-2006, 07:05 PM
His territorial ambitions, maybe, but his social ambitions? Would you have just turned a blind eye to that?

StupidWade
01-25-2006, 07:24 PM
His territorial ambitions, maybe, but his social ambitions? Would you have just turned a blind eye to that?

Oh, I'm sure Toma would never defend a dictator who...

- Displayed psychopathic tendencies.
- Had plans for and carried out organized genocide.
- Attacked and occupied a neighboring country without provocation or warning.

01RedDX
01-25-2006, 07:45 PM

D. Dub
01-25-2006, 07:56 PM

REALITY OF IT:

Best post I've seen in along time!!! :thumbsup:

soupey
01-25-2006, 08:06 PM
from this thread all i can say is that it seems the only way to stop all of the worlds problems is for everyone who drives a vehicle to buy a new honda civic.:drama:

eljefe
01-25-2006, 09:13 PM

.. but the issue here is not raising prices... its just NO GAS TO SELL.. then what do we do? we live in a pretty shitty country not to have energy....

You are from Alberta right?:rolleyes:

iceburns288
01-25-2006, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by Toma
Well, some have argued that Hitler only wanted the Danzig Corridor, which actually belonged to Germany till after WW1 and before the treaty of Versailles.... Some even argue that Hitler was coming to the aid of 58,000 murdered German nationals in the Danzig area (Pol's were apparantly thinking Germany's defeat would be swift, and they could take German nationals lands and businesses)

Only AFTER the allies declared war on Hitler did he "broaden" his ambitions....

WW1 and WW2 sure ended up a little different then they taught it in High School....

Bullshit. I'm writing a 20-page paper right now on Hitler's ambition to join Austria and Germany. It was literally a childhood dream for him, and it was his main focus throughout his life. He even said he'd do it if it damaged the economies for both countries.

The Allies didn't declare war on Hitler nearly soon enough. He got the Sudetenland, Austria, Rhineland, pretty much whatever he wanted. I forgot exactly what it was that set them off... I think it was the blitzkreig in France.

D. Dub
01-25-2006, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by eljefe

You are from Alberta right?:rolleyes:

Ya but.............the americanos are gonna want our oil and gas too...especially the tarsands....and we're going to pretty much just smile and hand it over..........

well either that or be or be annexed :D

95EagleAWD
01-25-2006, 10:08 PM
Blitzkrieg in Poland/Belgium. Britain was forced to go to war by Treaty. We came soon after.

The USA, on the other hand, wanted nothing to do with it and stayed out.

mo_virgin
01-25-2006, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by D. Dub

Ya but.............the americanos are gonna want our oil and gas too...especially the tarsands....and we're going to pretty much just smile and hand it over..........

In case you havnt noticed, we are not handing our oil over, we are making alot of money off it. We are and always will be a sovereign nation. EVEN if we were annexed, we would be loaded... just like texas.

Atombomb
01-25-2006, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by mo_virgin

In case you havnt noticed, we are not handing our oil over, we are making alot of money off it. We are and always will be a sovereign nation. EVEN if we were annexed, we would be loaded... just like texas.

Thankyou

Oil is the blood of the economy all you dumb fucking bigots, I'm sick of your hate rhetoric towards America, you fucks are the reason there was an Anti-American party this election. Hitler took power of a nation that was in relatively similar economic standing as Canada made his citizens register their guns, took them away from the Jews, created a national media organization (CRTC) and turned Germany into a Jewish Garborator... I'm getting the fuck out of here before you cock-gobblers pin little yellow stars on my chest

If oil makes you rich, why isn't Saudi Arabia swimming in money, or Iraq, or Venezuala, or Russia...

If its oil that makes your nations economy, Switzerland must be soaked in it, same with Japan...

and if thats the only reason america is in Iraq, why did they save france, japan, Australia, Britain, Congo, Chad, try to save Vietnam, cuba etc... they must all be drenched in it right???...

you people are so open minded your brains are falling out..
and your anti-american rhetoric is nothing but pure hate exhibiting prejudice and biggotry

Driving the prices up with a war in order to save money??? CATCH YOUR BRAINS BEFORE THEY HIT THE FLOOR!!!!!!!!!!

pardon the spelling.

Atombomb
01-26-2006, 12:01 AM
Blitzkrieg in Poland/Belgium. Britain was forced to go to war by Treaty. We came soon after.

The USA, on the other hand, wanted nothing to do with it and stayed out.

Because people like you wanted them to stay out,

fuck freeing poland or france, they probably had oil

who gives a shit about the 30 million in Iraq, we'd rather have them starve under a dictator then make money and increase their standard of life....:rolleyes:

Do you really honestly believe that the Iraqi people dissaprove of the United States presence in their nation? Currently in Iraq the populatioin of Lethbridge is controlling a nation the size of Canada with relatively little opposition from the Iraqi people.

GROW UP!

Atombomb
01-26-2006, 12:13 AM

You honestly think the Americans want our oil? I can tell you from personal experience that Americans are good business people and they'd rather leave us to do what we know best to do... they have taken a particular interest only lately in the sands because of China... if you think America is a threat, what is China???? They have a greater stake in oil in Canada then the United States as of this year, LOOK IT UP!

How much vested interest does China need to engage in before you can admit that America is pretty good considering the alternative. I WORK FOR A CHINESE OIL COMPANY RIGHT NOW, CALLED HUSKY OIL!!!!!!!!

Alex_FORD
01-26-2006, 12:23 AM

this comment wasn't directed at me, but I'd like to answer it...

I don't wear fur, because I can't afford it, but someday I hope to wear it because it'll fit in with my leather shoes, and leather wallet, and my favorite hobbie of throwing baby seals into the ozone layer while driving my v12 SUV to the neighborhood cornerstore that I could easily walk to.

95EagleAWD
01-26-2006, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by Atombomb

Because people like you wanted them to stay out

What? I said no such thing. If the USA hadn't joined the war in late '41, we probably would have lost!!!

The US government had an isolationism policy at the time and wanted absolutely nothing to do with "Europe's affairs".

Do you really honestly believe that the Iraqi people dissaprove of the United States presence in their nation? Currently in Iraq the populatioin of Lethbridge is controlling a nation the size of Canada with relatively little opposition from the Iraqi people.

GROW UP!

I think Iraq, in ten years or so, will be better off.

"The size of Canada"? What are you on?

Canada: 9,093,507 sq km, not counting water.
9,984,670 sq km, counting water

Iraq: 437,072 sq km, not counting water.
432,162 sq km, counting water.

We have almost twice as much water as Iraq....

Atombomb
01-26-2006, 12:53 AM

What? I said no such thing. If the USA hadn't joined the war in late '41, we probably would have lost!!!

The US government had an isolationism policy at the time and wanted absolutely nothing to do with "Europe's affairs".

I think Iraq, in ten years or so, will be better off.

"The size of Canada"? What are you on?

Canada: 9,093,507 sq km, not counting water.
9,984,670 sq km, counting water

Iraq: 437,072 sq km, not counting water.
432,162 sq km, counting water.

We have almost twice as much water as Iraq....

I'm sorry when I said the population of Lethbridge and size of Canada, I should have specified that I was addressing the population of Lethbridge in size to the population of Canada. Canada and Iraq are of similar population sizes, thats what I meant, sorry it wasn't that clear

eljefe
01-26-2006, 07:06 AM

Oil is the blood of the economy all you dumb fucking bigots, I'm sick of your hate rhetoric towards America, you fucks are the reason there was an Anti-American party this election. ... I'm getting the fuck out of here before you cock-gobblers pin little yellow stars on my chest

:thumbsup: it is exactly that kind of arrogance that drives people to paint your American countrymen as arrogant and with the same brush as fanatics like Bush. I personally have many good friends and business aquaintances in the US and enjoy the peoples and much of the culture in the US but it is the loud brash arrogant few that really cause opinion throughout not just Canada but the world to favour poorly on the US at large.

Toma
01-26-2006, 08:23 AM
We make less then 18% from the oil that comes out of our ground...... Ditto the gas.

I dunno, if I had a product that the whole world needs, and which may eventually run out... 18% is little consolation.

Did you guys know that during WW2, US oil companies sold Hitler oil and refined his gas... Shell, Esso and Standard Oil were among the criminals.

And FYI.... the US hasn't saved anyone...except its own economic interest...

It has overthrown ELECTED governments to install dictators, it has funded and trained separatists and terrorists. It supplies weapons and money to murderous regimes to this day...

Ahhhh, the great USA.... Atombomb... dont let the door hit you on the way out you dumb sack o shiat... You make decent Americans look bad.

D. Dub
01-26-2006, 09:09 AM

You honestly think the Americans want our oil? I can tell you from personal experience that Americans are good business people and they'd rather leave us to do what we know best to do... they have taken a particular interest only lately in the sands because of China... if you think America is a threat, what is China???? They have a greater stake in oil in Canada then the United States as of this year, LOOK IT UP!

How much vested interest does China need to engage in before you can admit that America is pretty good considering the alternative. I WORK FOR A CHINESE OIL COMPANY RIGHT NOW, CALLED HUSKY OIL!!!!!!!!

Wow dude...just read your last couple-three posts.......

.....ever consider valium, prozac or maybe even therapy?!?!?

D. Dub
01-26-2006, 09:20 AM

:thumbsup: it is exactly that kind of arrogance that drives people to paint your American countrymen as arrogant and with the same brush as fanatics like Bush. I personally have many good friends and business aquaintances in the US and enjoy the peoples and much of the culture in the US but it is the loud brash arrogant few that really cause opinion throughout not just Canada but the world to favour poorly on the US at large.

and its not the American people..... persay....... its the empire building, militaristic imperialism and subsequent actions of their largely corporate controlled government..not to mention their doctrine of jingoism.

D. Dub
01-26-2006, 09:22 AM

You honestly think the Americans want our oil?

Yes

Toma
01-26-2006, 10:51 AM

Yes
and our water...

D. Dub
01-26-2006, 11:09 AM

and our water...

and our lumber, and our minerals

and our women!!!!

SLR
01-26-2006, 12:53 PM

REALITY OF IT:

Thank you, most of these little pussies who yap about hating the US maybe need to shut their mouths? They LIKELY listen to a lot of American music, watch US shows.. wear US clothing etc...

For a bunch of loud mouth dick-sucker Canadians... you sure support the economy down there.. ( I refer to people like Lude-Roca and company) :)

Atombomb
01-26-2006, 12:57 PM

Wow dude...just read your last couple-three posts.......

.....ever consider valium, prozac or maybe even therapy?!?!?

Me, look what you say...

"and our lumber, and our minerals

and our women!!!!"

OH NO THE BIG BAD AMERICANS ARE COMING, RUN FOR THE HILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GROW UP!

you have a poor conception of what America is, and your hate offends me (as a Canadian).

D. Dub
01-26-2006, 01:12 PM

Me, look what you say...

"and our lumber, and our minerals

and our women!!!!"

OH NO THE BIG BAD AMERICANS ARE COMING, RUN FOR THE HILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GROW UP!

you have a poor conception of what America is, and your hate offends me (as a Canadian).

I was being facetious...:rolleyes:

I'm also able to see their empire building, militaristic imperialism for what it is......... without blinders on. They are jingoistic, xenophobic and internally their economy is failing....all potentally "very bad things" for an accessible. militarily weak, untapped resource rich country like ours.

They need to look towards outward expansion to survive and being a patriotic Canadian I'd like to see a fair shake in dealing with them....but unfortunately might = right.

I'm actually a moderate leaning to the conservative side and fairly pro-americano...

.....but that doesn't mean I'm going to lube up and bend over for them like you seem to want.

handsomebassman
01-26-2006, 01:19 PM
And FYI.... the US hasn't saved anyone...except its own economic interest...

:werd:
And sadly not everyone on here gets it. Too many ignorant people.

Nissanaddict
01-26-2006, 01:40 PM
"Did you guys know that during WW2, US oil companies sold Hitler oil and refined his gas... Shell, Esso and Standard Oil were among the criminals."

I forgot that was bush's fault too....which means Harper was also involved. :nut:

"It has overthrown ELECTED governments to install dictators"

Umm....excuse me? Don't give me that "Fox declared Bush president" bullshit either. I've heard NO concrete proof to suggest that. Just because it was a close election...you know if Gore won, some whiney dorks from Bush's side would say the same thing. Every political stance has morons, and some are loud morons, who cry on TV (or make whiney documentaries) about stuff, with very little facts, and no proof.

01RedDX
01-26-2006, 04:03 PM

95EagleAWD
01-26-2006, 05:18 PM
^^

Panama, Grenada come to mind.

Toms-SC
01-27-2006, 12:43 AM

Taken from http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2003/iraq/forces/casualties/

This is just fucking stupid. What a goddamn joke the united states government has become. I feel so bad for the people.

Thats low for the amount of time they have been in combat.

handsomebassman
01-27-2006, 12:46 AM

Well since noone knows the reason we are over there, even one death is one too many.

01RedDX
01-27-2006, 12:52 AM

eljefe
01-27-2006, 03:21 PM

Add to that the 30,000 civilian deaths, many of which were deaths directly attributed to the American forces , and of course there is the other arguement that many more of these civilians were killed by their countrymen and insurgents. But lets also remember the US have said this war was to stop the needless killing in Iraq and to defend attrocities against the innocent civilians, either way they have failed in that. It is just to many

Toms-SC
01-27-2006, 04:24 PM

Add to that the 30,000 civilian deaths, many of which were deaths directly attributed to the American forces , and of course there is the other arguement that many more of these civilians were killed by their countrymen and insurgents. But lets also remember the US have said this war was to stop the needless killing in Iraq and to defend attrocities against the innocent civilians, either way they have failed in that. It is just to many

To picture that this could have all been avoided if Saddam turned himself in.

eljefe
01-27-2006, 04:38 PM

To picture that this could have all been avoided if Saddam turned himself in.

To picture that this could have all been avoided if the US did not help arm Saddam years earlier in November of 1984 after restoring diplomatic relations, extending financial support,providing military technology, seed stock for biological weapons and political support.

bspot
01-27-2006, 05:44 PM

Well since noone knows the reason we are over there, even one death is one too many.

"We"?

Someone give handjobfagman a geography lesson.

handsomebassman
01-27-2006, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by bspot

"We"?

Someone give handjobfagman a geography lesson.

A lot of my family lives in the states. And in a way the US is dragging us into it, just due to the fact that we share the same culture and western civilization.

thanks for the pretty stupid post though, lol.
hand jobber gay fagoramma...uh...testicle fag man

bspot
01-27-2006, 05:54 PM

A lot of my family lives in the states. And in a way the US is dragging us into it, just due to the fact that we share the same culture and western civilization.

thanks for the pretty stupid post though, lol.
hand jobber gay fagoramma...uh...testicle fag man

How are they dragging us in to it when we have had ZERO troops fight there. Because we are white and speak english? So therefor Sadam is going to fly a plane into the calgary tower!?!? Or maybe bomb Max Bell Arena!?!?!?

Go sit in your corner. These discussions are above you.

eljefe
01-27-2006, 05:58 PM
:nut:

handsomebassman
01-27-2006, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by bspot

How are they dragging us in to it when we have had ZERO troops fight there. Because we are white and speak english? So therefor Sadam is going to fly a plane into the calgary tower!?!? Or maybe bomb Max Bell Arena!?!?!?

Go sit in your corner. These discussions are above you.
man, you just dont give up. Why dont you r.e.a.d my posts. I cannot find one post where i wrote we have troops there.

And get an education ~ Sadam did nothing to us, nor did he arrange any type of airplane suicide missions (eg. 911) you uncultured shrew. But of course you will stereotype everyone over there and think they have practice missions in 737s to bomb the us and everyone with brown skin is responsible.:rolleyes:

I used the word "we" because so much of my family is in the states.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

But anyways, back to the big boy stuff...

Add to that the 30,000 civilian deaths, many of which were deaths directly attributed to the American forces , and of course there is the other arguement that many more of these civilians were killed by their countrymen and insurgents. But lets also remember the US have said this war was to stop the needless killing in Iraq and to defend attrocities against the innocent civilians, either way they have failed in that.

:werd:

The "needless killings" obviously doesnt apply to the US :dunno:

Atombomb
01-28-2006, 03:29 AM

To picture that this could have all been avoided if the US did not help arm Saddam years earlier in November of 1984 after restoring diplomatic relations, extending financial support,providing military technology, seed stock for biological weapons and political support.

seed for a stock of biological weapons? Who told you this secret information, the good green party folks down at sunnyside garden center???

Even if our support was as incriminating as you stipulate, it was done for 2 reasons:
1) In an effort to compete for satalite states against the communist soviet movement, the Americans encouraged Saddam.... good!!!!! Communist soviet Russia is now mostly in ruins... shoot.. and I really wanted to spend 5% of my income on W of serious MDs.

Or

2) We sold Saddam the guns because at least we'll make the money and not some "CULTURE SHREW" dictator next door selling AK-47's at below cost in order to advance his own perverted agenda
Thank God we make the money off of these arms and not African War-lords

Oh, big bad America, why won't you just let the world erupt in a utopic chaos so that these infedels can see the woes of their ways???

Most of you snot-nosed liberal educated brats don't understand that hate=hate, and your a bunch of biggots.

I suggest that you grab a kleenex from the good folks at corporate kleenex and whipe the tears from your red eyes (hey its better then leaves), sit down in your nice leather couch (better then a rock) and take a deep breath (of that fresh kyoto free air), the Americans are not at your door waiting to rape you. Easy! Easy! There is no radical righ wing agenda :rolleyes:
Even if there was, I'm not going to have nightmares about lower taxes increased liberty and the protection of my rights... I know it scares you, but somepeople don't like others telling them what to do.

eljefe
01-28-2006, 09:58 AM

seed for a stock of biological weapons? Who told you this secret information, the good green party folks down at sunnyside garden center???

Even if our support was as incriminating as you stipulate, it was done for 2 reasons:
1) In an effort to compete for satalite states against the communist soviet movement, the Americans encouraged Saddam.... good!!!!! Communist soviet Russia is now mostly in ruins... shoot.. and I really wanted to spend 5% of my income on W of serious MDs.

Or

2) We sold Saddam the guns because at least we'll make the money and not some "CULTURE SHREW" dictator next door selling AK-47's at below cost in order to advance his own perverted agenda
Thank God we make the money off of these arms and not African War-lords

Oh, big bad America, why won't you just let the world erupt in a utopic chaos so that these infedels can see the woes of their ways???

Most of you snot-nosed liberal educated brats don't understand that hate=hate, and your a bunch of biggots.

I suggest that you grab a kleenex from the good folks at corporate kleenex and whipe the tears from your red eyes (hey its better then leaves), sit down in your nice leather couch (better then a rock) and take a deep breath (of that fresh kyoto free air), the Americans are not at your door waiting to rape you. Easy! Easy! There is no radical righ wing agenda :rolleyes:
Even if there was, I'm not going to have nightmares about lower taxes increased liberty and the protection of my rights... I know it scares you, but somepeople don't like others telling them what to do.

Sorry you wasted your time on that post but the Americans never made a dime off Iraq, it was all about furthering an agenda, as for seed stock and other technology used for the making if biological weapons.....it is all a matter of public record, infact the it was encouraged by the U.S government

ATCC (American Type Culture Collection) sent Iraq 21 strains of Anthrax, 15 class III pathogens, Ecoli, Clostridium Botulinum....... the list goes on. EVERY shipment was U.S government approved.

If the U.S made money off supplying chemical and biological weapons ingredients to Iraq and did make money of it you are saying that is a good thing? Wow shame on you

Atombomb
01-28-2006, 02:01 PM

Sorry you wasted your time on that post but the Americans never made a dime off Iraq, it was all about furthering an agenda, as for seed stock and other technology used for the making if biological weapons.....it is all a matter of public record, infact the it was encouraged by the U.S government

ATCC (American Type Culture Collection) sent Iraq 21 strains of Anthrax, 15 class III pathogens, Ecoli, Clostridium Botulinum....... the list goes on. EVERY shipment was U.S government approved.

If the U.S made money off supplying chemical and biological weapons ingredients to Iraq and did make money of it you are saying that is a good thing? Wow shame on you

Could you please explain this agenda! What does it entail? and why are you so affraid of it? Or are you borrowing the phrase from fellow commrades (scare tactics)?

But...but... CBC says Georgie Bushy is a big meany, and yah, hes a big meanie he likey oil and so thats why hes a big meany... that big poopy head

steelo
01-28-2006, 02:12 PM
Wow, you're really not that bright.

eljefe
01-28-2006, 04:25 PM
I think he is at least somewhat smarter than that response makes him sound but I do wonder if he just went off the deep end.

01RedDX
01-28-2006, 05:26 PM

Toms-SC
01-28-2006, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by 01RedDX
what does that say about them?

I call them liberal thrend sack trend, queers, hippies etc...

01RedDX
01-29-2006, 05:14 AM

Tyler883
01-29-2006, 10:38 AM
Tomsc,

ever get the impression that you could win over a liberal to any arguement simply by associating it to an issue that criticizes the US?