PDA

View Full Version : ***fido Owners***

toyboy88
01-25-2006, 06:15 PM
There has been new changes to the new service agreement details which are effective March 2, 2006. If you didn't know about this already (via txt, email, etc.).

http://www.fido.ca/portal/en/important/notice_20060118.html

Just letting you all know...:thumbsup:

ninjak84
01-25-2006, 09:49 PM
Just read this today

What a bunch of bullshit. Cancelled my Fido phone.

LudeRoca
01-25-2006, 10:43 PM
fuck fido. they dont have anything goin for them anymore i wouldnt be surprised if they went under. Their services sucks and their phones arent all that great either. I have a fido and bell and have had nuttin but bullshit from fido and rogers

Sharpie
01-25-2006, 10:47 PM
billing calculation (section 1)*: a call you receive starts from the first ring—the same rule that applies to a call you initiate;
So even if i dont pick it up i am charged?

cman
01-25-2006, 10:49 PM
cancellation of pre-authorized credit card or chequing payments (section 2);
billing calculation (section 1)*: a call you receive starts from the first ring—the same rule that applies to a call you initiate;
fucking gay, and I'm pinned down for another 1.5 years.

HoisinSauce
01-25-2006, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by Sharpie

So even if i dont pick it up i am charged?

YEAH.. im wondering about that too.

Sharpie
01-25-2006, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by cman

or you could pay 200 and be out of the contract...

lastprodigy
01-25-2006, 10:54 PM
so does this apply to those that have been on fido for years since theyve been month-t0-month

roopi
01-26-2006, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by cman

Originally posted by Sharpie

or you could pay 200 and be out of the contract...

I think you can cancel before the new service agreement takes affect if you say you don't agree with it and that's not what you signed.

Impreza
01-26-2006, 12:35 AM
^ Ya, cause I am wondering how they change agreements when I signed and agreed to a different agreement.

rahim
01-26-2006, 12:58 AM
If you do not accept the updated Service Agreement, you may terminate this Service Agreement and your Services before March 2, 2006 by calling 611, free of charge, from your Fido or 1 888 481-FIDO (3436). If you do not contact us by March 2, 2006, your Services will be governed by the terms and conditions of the updated Service Agreement

fido is the only cell phone company that doesn't charge for the ringing right now, most companies add the ring time to the call time after it connects, fido only bills the call time, now they will be just like telus, bell, etc...

chris
01-26-2006, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by LudeRoca
fuck fido. they dont have anything goin for them anymore i wouldnt be surprised if they went under. Their services sucks and their phones arent all that great either. I have a fido and bell and have had nuttin but bullshit from fido and rogers
except for billing by the second and minute tracker

USHER
01-26-2006, 01:16 AM
i just signed a 2 year contract like 2 weeks ago. i didnt know they were doing this, can i still cancel without getting penalized?

BerserkerCatSplat
01-26-2006, 01:19 AM
I don't see the big deal, every other service provider in the area does this as well. :dunno:

dragonone
01-26-2006, 01:28 AM
besides, in my case, most of my frnds use fido, even in van
so it keeps my bill extremely low

Sharpie
01-26-2006, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat
I don't see the big deal, every other service provider in the area does this as well. :dunno:
I dont think with telus/bell you are charged if you dont pick up your phone

unfocus
01-26-2006, 09:09 AM
yah with telus and bell u are charged if u dont pick up... and if ur voicemail picks up ur still being charged... thats why my sister left telus and bell and is now wit hrogers.. but she noticed they are all the same... lol so whatever..

im with fido im not complaining now but maybe later hahaha

toyboy88
01-26-2006, 11:49 AM
i've read that they DO NOT charge if you call someone and it rings, and they don't pick up there phone..

however they DO now charge if you call somone and there phone rings for 15 seconds and then they pick up, they add the 15 seconds + actual talk time on to your bill...

..at least that's what i read from HOFO..:dunno:

ninjak84
01-26-2006, 04:23 PM
Yeah they don't charge if you don't pick up.
There's alot of other things there that make it harder for pay-as-you-go customers though.

disclosure of your account information ( fifth and sixth paragraph of the introduction ) : addition of a new provision dealing with the promotion of additional products and services offered by the Rogers Communications group of companies

Give me a break! I've gotten 3 promo e-mails and 2 promo texts since Monday :banghead: Costs me $ to get e-mail.

deposits (section 20 ) : deposits will be credited to your account after at least twelve ( 12 ) consecutive months in good standing of all your Fido accounts instead of six ( 6 ) months

So now I have to wait another 8, instead of 2, months to get deposits automatically made from my credit card every month. Buying minutes $20 at a time at 7-11 blows.

period of time within which any modification to the Service Agreement becomes effective ( third paragraph of the introduction ) : thirty (30) days instead of five ( 5 ) days ;

WOW! Thanks! This means when I get back to Calgary for the summer, the plan I get won't work for the first month. Pretty useless when I'm only in the city for 4 months.

ahh Whatever, I'm just choked...

MrPid
01-26-2006, 09:15 PM
I've heard best way to go is take the cheapest plan from bell at $30 a month with the unlimited calling for the first 6 months and then the $200 buyout. And then repeat. It averages out to $63 a month for unlimited (local at least) anytime. Not sure, but you might be able to get that unlimited North America.

Donmega
01-26-2006, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat

.....no they dont?