PDA

View Full Version : Custom-Build Car

RP02_AW11
01-26-2006, 01:36 AM
Hi all,

My team is making an amphibious car for our project. It will look like the historic formula car with the cigar shaped body.( sort of like this http://www.race-cars.com/carsales/a...052485269la.htm)
We are still in the preliminary stage of researching and haven't built anything yet. Building a car that has the ability to go on land and in water and also has the asethic look of a tear drop for the body/hull are the ideas of our client. So now before getting into any designing, we would like to know in order to put the car on the road legally (let's ignore the water regulations for now), what are the minimum requirements? Motor Vechicle Safety Act seems a bit vague for custom made vechicles. And what are the other rules beside Motor Vechicle Safety Act that we have to follow in British Columbia? The reason I ask on this forum is because I know some of you guys have built a custom vechicle and had been thru this stage.

Thanks in Advance

Brian

thetrousertrout
01-27-2006, 03:39 PM
from what i understand, for a vehicle to be road worthy, and legally registered, it must have the following. headlights, taillights, brakelights, and signal lights. other than that, i don't think there are any other restrictions, might have to get a safety inspection. I think the hardest part will be getting insurance for it.